|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of tree surrounds the fountain?
2. What word is used to describe the groves?
3. The people compare it to ______.
(a) The wrath of the sky.
(b) A magic carpet.
(c) The sun's son.
(d) The hand of God.
4. The ___ people say that the mountain is no place for humans.
5. It is said that the dragons are borne on winds of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the unidentified man's turban?
2. Yasmina claims that the ____ are helpless.
3. Yasmina saw that the dagger she thought she held was, in fact, a ___________.
4. Khemsa refers to the powerful ___ Seers.
5. How many are there in the Black Circle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the ill health of the Bhunda Chand, the King of Vendhya. What occurs as the man is dying?
2. Conan and Albiona arrive at the temple of Asura. Who do they meet? What information does Conan receive?
3. What is Khemsa's explanation of the King's untimely demise?
4. What happens that causes a rumor about Conan's death?
5. Discuss the scene in which Conan confronts Tarascus.
6. What happens when Conan arrives ashore?
7. What request does the King make of Devi? What is Devi's response?
8. What happens after Valbroso is paralyzed?
9. What events occur as Conan travels to Afghulistan? Who goes with Conan? What peril lies ahead?
10. Who are the Black Seers? What does Conan say about the Mountain of Black Seers? What happens when Conan arrives?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)