The People of the Black Circle: I, Death Strikes a King; II, A Barbarian from the Hills: III, Khemsa Uses Magic; IV, An Encounter in the Pass; V, The Black Stallion
• Bhunda Chand, the King of Vendhya, is dying.
• The King's sister, Devi Yasmina, is very upset and feels helpless.
• The old noble tells Devi that the king has been poisoned.
• Devi refuses to believe it.
• A dirge is played for the dying king.
• Khemsa explains the King cut off a lock of black hair for the princess.
• The hair was stolen and used to create black magic.
• The king begs Devi to kill him.
• Chunder Shan, the governor of Peshkhauri, writes to the old noble of Vendhya.
• The chief says unless his tribesmen are freed, he will burn Peshkhauri and kill Chunder Shan.
• Devi comes unannounced to Chunder Shan's palace.
• Devi talks of her brother's death by...
This section contains 2,020 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)