|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the interview that Coverdale is attending, who jumps to the platform after the lady rises as a mysterious tremor shakes her veil?
2. Zenobia agrees with Priscilla that they are sisters, and although she learned of their relationship recently, she never wished what upon Priscilla?
3. During the interview that Coverdale is attending, who throws off her veil, shrinking to see the multitude of people staring at her, and flees?
(a) Mrs. Foster.
(c) Zenobia's mother.
4. At the interview that Coverdale is attending, who appears onstage in Oriental robes?
5. After Coverdale is looked upon scornfully by one of the three people staying at the boardinghouse, who disappears from the window of the boudoir?
Short Answer Questions
1. After Hollingsworth admits that he does love Priscilla, he bids her to come to him; what do Zenobia and Coverdale want Priscilla to do?
2. What does Hollingsworth's pole strike at the bottom of the river while searching for Zenobia?
3. Who summons Priscilla to see Coverdale at the boardinghouse?
4. What does Coverdale notice about Priscilla's appearance after she is summoned?
5. What does Coverdale suggest to Hollingsworth that they should choose a spot for, in Section 8, Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Zenobia demonstrate her love and loyalty for Hollingsworth?
2. What does Coverdale observe Priscilla doing at the boardinghouse?
3. How does Zenobia treat Coverdale when he visits her at the boarding-house?
4. What vision of Coverdale's does Hollingsworth mock?
5. Why is Coverdale jealous of Westervelt?
6. How does Coverdale find Moodie?
7. What message does Zenobia ask Coverdale to take to Hollingsworth after she leaves Blithedale?
8. Why is Coverdale worried about Priscilla in Section 10, Chapter 20?
9. How does Priscilla act after she lifts her veil in Section 12, Chapter 23?
10. What is ironic about Coverdale encountering Hollingsworth at a village hall during an interview with the Veiled Lady?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)