|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Coverdale realize it's absurd to torment himself with conjectures in Section 10, Chapter 19?
(a) Since his familiar realtionship allows him to call on Moodie.
(b) Since his familiar realtionship allows him to call on Priscilla.
(c) Since his familiar realtionship allows him to call on Zenobia.
(d) Since his familiar realtionship allows him to call on Hollingsworth.
2. Moodie tells Coverdale how twenty-five years earlier he had a palatial home, a lovely wife and a beautiful daughter, but what was the only thing he was interested in?
3. At the interview that Coverdale is attending, who appears onstage in Oriental robes?
4. After Priscilla is summoned, why does Coverdale realize there is no peril of her communicating to him any of Zenobia's designs?
(a) He realizes that she does not care.
(b) He realizes she is clueless.
(c) He realizes she does not influence any events.
(d) He realizes that she is not really close to Zenobia.
5. Where did Moodie say that he lived twenty-five years earlier?
(a) The Middle States.
(b) The East Coast.
(d) The West Coast.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the three people searching for Zenobia row out into the river, who comments about how Zenobia will laugh at them the next morning?
2. Who does Hollingsworth tell that he must be with him or against him?
3. After Priscilla is summoned to see Coverdale, he asks her when she will return to Blithedale; how does she respond?
4. In Section 12, Chapter 24, Coverdale sets out for Blithedale, and he spies on the community from the woods before entering; what does he hear from the woods?
5. In Section 12, Chapter 23, how long does Coverdale wander restlessly, trying to avoid Hollingsworth, Priscilla and Zenobia?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Priscilla act after she lifts her veil in Section 12, Chapter 23?
2. How does Coverdale find Moodie?
3. How does Zenobia demonstrate her love and loyalty for Hollingsworth?
4. What is ironic about Coverdale encountering Hollingsworth at a village hall during an interview with the Veiled Lady?
5. Why is Coverdale worried about Priscilla in Section 10, Chapter 20?
6. What message does Zenobia ask Coverdale to take to Hollingsworth after she leaves Blithedale?
7. After Zenobia asks for Priscilla's forgiveness in Section 13, Chapter 25, what question does Zenobia ask her?
8. What does Silas Foster think about Zenobia's disappearance?
9. What is Westervelt's role at the interview with the Veiled Lady that Coverdale attends in Section 12, Chapter 23?
10. How does Coverdale feel as he leaves Blithedale in Section 8, Chapter 16?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)