|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 11, Chapter 21, it occurs to Coverdale to seek an interview with Moodie, so where does he go to look for him?
(a) A park.
(b) A saloon.
(c) A restaurant.
(d) A bakery.
2. As Coverdale escapes the strange creatures in the woods, he comes upon the pulpit; who does he see there, besides Hollingsworth and Priscilla?
(c) Mr. Foster.
3. During the interview at the lyceum hall, who does Coverdale ask where Priscilla is, and receives a glare in response from this person?
4. Where do the men lay Zenobia for the women to deal with?
(a) On the couch in the living room.
(b) On the grass outside the main house.
(c) On the floor of the farmhouse.
(d) In her bedroom.
5. After Priscilla is summoned, why does Coverdale realize there is no peril of her communicating to him any of Zenobia's designs?
(a) He realizes that she does not care.
(b) He realizes that she is not really close to Zenobia.
(c) He realizes she does not influence any events.
(d) He realizes she is clueless.
Short Answer Questions
1. Coverdale asks Hollingsworth if he has seen Zenobia, and he answers that he has not; what else does Hollingsworth say about Zenobia?
2. What does Moodie reveal to Coverdale that his name was twenty-five years earlier?
3. Out of the three people that Coverdale spies from his hotel window at the boardinghouse, which two seem to repel one another?
4. Out of the three people staying at the boardinghouse, which one notices Coverdale watching them from his hotel window?
5. After Coverdale fails at trying to meet up with Zenobia and Priscilla in town, what does he long for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Westervelt's role at the interview with the Veiled Lady that Coverdale attends in Section 12, Chapter 23?
2. What strange foreboding does Coverdale have after Zenobia leaves Blithedale, and what does he do?
3. What vision of Coverdale's does Hollingsworth mock?
4. Why is Coverdale jealous of Westervelt?
5. Why does Hollingsworth and Coverdale's friendship end?
6. What does Silas Foster think about Zenobia's disappearance?
7. What gets Moodie to reveal his past to Coverdale?
8. Why is Coverdale worried about Priscilla in Section 10, Chapter 20?
9. How does Coverdale find Moodie?
10. What message does Zenobia ask Coverdale to take to Hollingsworth after she leaves Blithedale?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)