1. Before his departure for Blithedale in Chapter 1, where is Mr. Coverdale returning to his apartment from?
An exhibition of the Veiled Lady.
2. What is a phenomenon in the Mesmeric line?
The Veiled Lady.
3. Who accosts Mr. Coverdale on his way back to his apartment in Section 1, Chapter 1?
4. What does the person who accosts Mr. Coverdale on his way back to his apartment in Section 1, Chapter 1 want from him?
A great favor.
5. Who does Mr. Coverdale suggest that Mr. Hollingsworth would be of assistance to in Section 1, Chapter 1?
6. What intrigues Mr. Coverdale about the man who accosts him on his way back to his apartment?
The hint that a lady's influence may be desirable.
This section contains 5,800 words
(approx. 20 pages at 300 words per page)