|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Chapter 28: Blithedale Pasture and Chapter 29: Miles Coverdale's Confession.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 12, Chapter 24, Coverdale sets out for Blithedale, and he spies on the community from the woods before entering; what does he hear from the woods?
(b) Gun shots.
2. What does Coverdale learn about Priscilla from Hollingsworth, in Section 4, Chapter 7?
(a) That she is terminally ill.
(b) That she is the long-lost sister of Zenobia.
(c) That she is secrelty engaged to Hollingsworth.
(d) That she has recently escaped peril and may still be liable to danger.
3. In Section 14, Chapter 27, what startles Hollingsworth about Coverdale's voice that makes him hurry to speak with him?
(a) The sadness.
(b) The anger.
(c) The whispering.
(d) The strangeness.
4. In Section 13, Chapter 25, who says that he does not pretend to pass a sentence, but it has been forced upon him?
5. Whose fidelity gives Coverdale a new sense of Hollingsworth's native power?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hollingsworth and Coverdale hoe together while the rest of the fraternity is situated in a distant corner of the farm?
2. What does Coverdale suggest to Hollingsworth that he should be, in Section 3, Chapter 6?
3. To distract himself in his hotel room, Coverdale begins watching the boardinghouse again; who does he begin to watch?
4. While telling her legend, Zenobia asks Priscilla to stand in front of her so that she can be inspired by her what?
5. While observing from his hotel window, what makes Coverdale believe that a drawing-room on the first floor of the boardinghouse that is empty will not be empty for long?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)