|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15: Chapter 28: Blithedale Pasture and Chapter 29: Miles Coverdale's Confession.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who summons Priscilla to see Coverdale at the boardinghouse?
2. Years after Zenobia's death, Coverdale seeks out Hollingsworth; how does he find Priscilla acting around Hollingsworth?
(a) Sullen and angry.
(c) Loving and joyful.
(d) Watchful and protective.
3. Regarding the stranger who interrupts Coverdale's secluded time; who does he ask for an interview with?
(d) Mrs. Foster.
4. In Section 8, Chapter 16, Coverdale announces that he is leaving Blithedale for a week or two; why?
(a) For his health.
(b) To visit family.
(c) For financial reasons.
(d) To barter goods from the farm.
5. What does the person who accosts Mr. Coverdale on his way back to his apartment in Section 1, Chapter 1 want from him?
(a) A great favor.
(b) His blessing.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His coat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Moodie reveal to Coverdale that his name was twenty-five years earlier?
2. While talking to Hollingsworth in Section 15, Chapter 29, as Coverdale recalls Zenobia's last message to Hollingsworth, what does he realize?
3. What does Coverdale think Hollingsworth is being reckless about?
4. Whose conversation does Coverdale eavesdrop on in Section 6, Chapter 12 that he decides never to disclose to another mortal?
5. What makes Mr. Coverdale think that Priscilla overheard his conversation with Zenobia in Section 3, Chapter 5?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)