|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12- Chapter 23: A Village Hall and Chapter 24: The Masqueraders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zenobia praise Mr. Coverdale about at the beginning of Section 2, Chapter 3, as everyone arrives at Blithedale?
(a) His music.
(b) His attire.
(c) His poetry.
(d) His food.
2. At the interview that Coverdale is attending, who appears onstage in Oriental robes?
3. Who looks at Coverdale scornfully from the boardinghouse window before lowering the curtain?
4. Who refuses to join Hollingsworth in his scheme, though it is a great effort?
5. In Section 6, Chapter 11, the stranger identifies himself as Professor Westervelt; who else does he ask about that causes Coverdale to decline any further connection with his affairs?
Short Answer Questions
1. Zenobia tells a story about the Veiled Lady; what is the story entitled?
2. How does Coverdale spend his first night at Blithedale?
3. How many men ride together to Blithedale during the storm in Section 1, Chapter 2?
4. Coverdale believes he has done Hollingsworth a great wrong by prying into his character; why can't he help it?
5. What does Coverdale awake to outside his window after his first night at Blithedale?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)