|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12- Chapter 23: A Village Hall and Chapter 24: The Masqueraders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Moodie describe his second daughter when she was a child?
(a) As sunny and energetic.
(b) As dark and violent.
(c) As robust and rowdy.
(d) As pale and nervous.
2. Coverdale almost gives up in finding Moodie until he sees him behind a screen; what does he invite him to?
(a) Dinner and wine.
(b) Lunch and wine.
(c) Lunch and beer.
(d) Breakfast and coffee.
3. Who did Priscilla used to make silk purses for?
(c) Mrs. Foster.
4. Regarding the stranger who interrupts Coverdale's secluded time; who does he make an odd character sketch of?
5. What does Coverdale think Hollingsworth is being reckless about?
(a) His treatment of the other people at Blithedale.
(b) His relationship with Zenobia.
(c) His pursuit of things outside Blithedale.
(d) His tenderness toward Priscilla.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Coverdale believe that Hollingsworth must be appropriating Zenobia's funds so lavishly?
2. From his hotel window in town, what is Coverdale watching creep along the office rooftops that bewitches him?
3. During the interview that Coverdale is attending, who jumps to the platform after the lady rises as a mysterious tremor shakes her veil?
4. While observing from his hotel window, what makes Coverdale believe that a drawing-room on the first floor of the boardinghouse that is empty will not be empty for long?
5. Coverdale believes he has done Hollingsworth a great wrong by prying into his character; why can't he help it?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)