|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10- Chapter 19: Zenobia's Drawing-Room and Chapter 20: They Vanish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Coverdale believe that Hollingsworth must be appropriating Zenobia's funds so lavishly?
(a) Hollingsworth claims he can have the necessary capital for his project within a month.
(b) Hollingsworth claims that they are out of money at Blithedale.
(c) Hollingsworth claims that money is not an option for him.
(d) Hollingsworth has bought himself a new wardrobe.
2. What lady does Mr. Coverdale plan on meeting the day after he is accosted in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(d) The Veiled Lady.
3. What does Coverdale think Hollingsworth is being reckless about?
(a) His tenderness toward Priscilla.
(b) His pursuit of things outside Blithedale.
(c) His relationship with Zenobia.
(d) His treatment of the other people at Blithedale.
4. Priscilla questions Hollingsworth about Zenobia's view of the injustice the world does to women; how does he respond?
(a) He claims that a woman's place is at a man's side.
(b) He laughs out loud.
(c) He thinks she is stupid and women are worthless.
(d) He heartly agrees with her.
5. Who comes to take Zenobia and Priscilla away from the boardinghouse at the end of Section 10, Chapter 20?
(c) Mr. Foster.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Priscilla used to make silk purses for?
2. In Section 6, Chapter 11, why does Coverdale stay in the vicinity of Zenobia's customary walk?
3. In Zenobia's story about the Veiled Lady, what does the Lady tell the young man who sneaks into her room will happen to him if he kisses her?
4. Coverdale reads a lot while in his room and discusses the works with Hollingsworth; whose work disgusts Hollingsworth?
5. In Section 9, Chapter 17, Coverdale obtains a room in a respectable hotel in town; what makes him feel stifled at first?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)