|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10- Chapter 19: Zenobia's Drawing-Room and Chapter 20: They Vanish.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Coverdale claim that the parlor in the old farmhouse in Blithedale is comparable to?
(b) The beach.
(c) The Artic.
2. How does Coverdale react when Hollingsworth wants to know if he will cooperate in his great scheme?
(a) Coverdale does not know what to say to Hollingsworth.
(b) Coverdale yells at Hollingsworth.
(c) Coverdale chides Hollingsworth.
(d) Coverdale agrees with Hollingsworth's plan.
3. What does the person who accosts Mr. Coverdale on his way back to his apartment in Section 1, Chapter 1 want from him?
(a) His blessing.
(b) A great favor.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His coat.
4. Where do Hollingsworth, Zenobia, Priscilla, and Coverdale often spend their Sundays?
(a) At a rock named Eliot's Pulpit.
(b) At a rock named Emmett's Pulpit.
(c) At a rock named Eli's Pulpit.
(d) At a rock named Ernest's Pulpit.
5. What does Hollingsworth seem to have no regret for overthrowing in Section 8, Chapter 15?
(a) His love of Zenobia for Priscilla.
(b) Overthrowing the fair system of their new life because it does not suit him.
(c) His own family.
(d) His love of Priscilla for Zenobia.
Short Answer Questions
1. After claiming that she is not positively ill-natured, why does Zenobia decide to be kind to Priscilla?
2. What does Zenobia do with the flower in her hair after she announces dinner is ready?
3. What does Coverdale think Hollingsworth is being reckless about?
4. What intrigues Mr. Coverdale about the man who accosts him on his way back to his apartment?
5. How is the atmosphere at the first dinner in the Blithedale farmhouse?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)