|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7- Chapter 13: Zenobia's Legend and Chapter 14: Eliot's Pulpit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What discomposes Priscilla after she delivers a letter to Coverdale, in Section 4, Chapter 8?
(a) Coverdale suggests that she stay in his room for the night.
(b) Coverdale suggests that she looks like Miss Fuller.
(c) Coverdale suggests that she looks like Mrs. Foster.
(d) Coverdale suggests that she looks like Zenobia.
2. What intrigues Mr. Coverdale about the man who accosts him on his way back to his apartment?
(a) The person seems very familiar.
(b) The person is blind.
(c) The hint that a gentlemen's influence may be desirable.
(d) The hint that a lady's influence may be desirable.
3. What does Priscilla do when Coverdale tells her that she is fortunate that she has nothing dismal to remember?
(a) She seems to be listening to a distant voice.
(b) She tells him she does have dismal things from her past.
(c) She smiles at him.
(d) She tells him he does not know her at all.
4. What type of flower does Zenobia wear in her hair?
5. What does Coverdale suspect that Priscilla purposefully arranged for Moodie to see?
(a) Priscilla and Zenobia acting playfully.
(b) Priscilla crying.
(c) Priscilla and Hollingsworth together.
(d) Zenobia and Hollingsworth together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before his departure for Blithedale in Chapter 1, where is Mr. Coverdale returning to his apartment from?
2. After claiming that she is not positively ill-natured, why does Zenobia decide to be kind to Priscilla?
3. What does Mr. Coverdale compare Zenobia to in Section 2, Chapter 3?
4. In Zenobia's story about the Veiled Lady, what happens just as the young man is about to kiss the Lady?
5. Who does Zenobia throw a piece of gauze over at the end of her tale?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)