|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 7- Chapter 13: Zenobia's Legend and Chapter 14: Eliot's Pulpit.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Zenobia's story about the Veiled Lady, what does the Lady tell the young man who sneaks into her room will happen to him if he kisses her?
(a) He will condem himelf to death.
(b) He will never be able to forget her.
(c) He will be pledged to her, and from that instant she is doomed to be his evil fate.
(d) He will help to free her from the spell.
2. Who does Mr. Coverdale suggest that Mr. Hollingsworth would be of assistance to in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(b) The Veiled Lady.
(c) Mr. Moodie.
3. Who does Zenobia throw a piece of gauze over at the end of her tale?
(a) Mrs. Foster.
4. How is the atmosphere at the first dinner in the Blithedale farmhouse?
5. What is a phenomenon in the Mesmeric line?
(a) The new play by Coverdale.
(b) The Asian Lady.
(c) The Veiled Lady.
(d) The opera.
Short Answer Questions
1. What discomposes Priscilla after she delivers a letter to Coverdale, in Section 4, Chapter 8?
2. What does Coverdale suspect about Zenobia's countenance as he sees her interact with Priscilla in Section 5, Chapter 9?
3. What does Mr. Coverdale compare Zenobia to in Section 2, Chapter 3?
4. Who did Priscilla used to make silk purses for?
5. What does Priscilla do when Coverdale tells her that she is fortunate that she has nothing dismal to remember?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)