|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6- Chapter 11: The Wood-Path and Chapter 12: Coverdale's Hermitage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Zenobia upset with Mr. Hollingsworth in Section 2, Chapter 3?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He's late.
(c) He ruins her dinner.
(d) He ignores her.
2. How does Mr. Coverdale think the firelight from the hearth makes the men and women of Blithedale appear?
(a) The men weak and the women strong.
(b) The men youthful and the women beautiful.
(c) The men strong and the women weak.
(d) The men handsome and the women meek.
3. In Section 6, Chapter 11, the stranger identifies himself as Professor Westervelt; who else does he ask about that causes Coverdale to decline any further connection with his affairs?
4. In Section 5, Chapter 9, what does Coverdale realize it's not mentally healthy to do?
(a) Sleep all day.
(b) Envy others.
(c) Study individuals too closely.
(d) Stay inside his room all day alone.
5. After Priscilla and Mr. Hollingsworth arrive and are introduced, who tells the others to feed Priscilla?
(a) Mrs. Foster.
(b) Mr. Coverdale.
(c) Mr. Foster.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Mr. Foster awakens everyone at Blithedale, what does Hollingsworth begin his first day there with?
2. How does Mr. Foster greet all the men while the women are preparing dinner the first night at Blithedale?
3. Coverdale believes he has done Hollingsworth a great wrong by prying into his character; why can't he help it?
4. Who does Coverdale suggest to Hollingsworth that he believes Zenobia to be the sister of?
5. After Moodie visits, Coverdale decides to take a holiday for the day; where does he go?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)