|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6- Chapter 11: The Wood-Path and Chapter 12: Coverdale's Hermitage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What letter does Priscilla bring to Coverdale in his room, along with a nightcap?
(a) A sealed letter from Miss Margaret Fuller.
(b) An opened letter from Miss Margaret Fuller.
(c) An opened letter from Zenobia.
(d) A sealed letter from Zenobia.
2. After Priscilla and Mr. Hollingsworth arrive and are introduced, who tells the others to feed Priscilla?
(a) Mr. Coverdale.
(c) Mrs. Foster.
(d) Mr. Foster.
3. What does Coverdale complain about his first day at Blithedale?
(a) The lack of comfort.
(b) The thinly partitioned walls.
(c) His lack of sleep.
(d) The bad food.
4. What intrigues Mr. Coverdale about the man who accosts him on his way back to his apartment?
(a) The hint that a gentlemen's influence may be desirable.
(b) The person seems very familiar.
(c) The hint that a lady's influence may be desirable.
(d) The person is blind.
5. What are Mrs. Foster and her husband in charge of at Blithedale?
(a) They manage the farm and teach the upperclassmen the art of husbandry.
(b) They teach at the schoolhouse in Blithedale.
(c) They manage the house and teach the women to cook.
(d) They are in charge of feeding everyone at Blithedale.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 5, Chapter 9, what does Coverdale realize it's not mentally healthy to do?
2. Who accosts Mr. Coverdale on his way back to his apartment in Section 1, Chapter 1?
3. What does Zenobia have a lot of?
4. What makes Mr. Coverdale think that Priscilla overheard his conversation with Zenobia in Section 3, Chapter 5?
5. What is the name of Mrs. Foster's husband?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)