|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6- Chapter 11: The Wood-Path and Chapter 12: Coverdale's Hermitage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Coverdale suspect about Zenobia's countenance as he sees her interact with Priscilla in Section 5, Chapter 9?
(a) She is too cold and heartless.
(b) She appears as though she is deviously plotting.
(c) She is truly being helpful.
(d) She seems to be acting too sweetly.
2. After claiming that she is not positively ill-natured, why does Zenobia decide to be kind to Priscilla?
(a) Because she feels bad about her treatment of her.
(b) Because she wants everyone to forgive her.
(c) Because she decides she really does like her.
(d) Because Coverdale and Hollingsworth seem so interested in the girl.
3. Who did Priscilla used to make silk purses for?
(b) Mrs. Foster.
4. What does Coverdale find Zenobia and Priscilla doing in the barn, in Section 4, Chapter 8?
(b) Lauging and celebrating the holiday together.
(c) Reading and discussing their books.
(d) Feeding the horses.
5. How is Coverdale's attitude after a stranger interrupts his secluded time on his holiday?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Coverdale suggest to Hollingsworth that he should be, in Section 3, Chapter 6?
2. What makes Mr. Coverdale think that Priscilla overheard his conversation with Zenobia in Section 3, Chapter 5?
3. What is the name of Mrs. Foster's husband?
4. Why does Coverdale believe the neighbors of Blithedale slander their farming abilities?
5. In Section 5, Chapter 9, what does Coverdale realize it's not mentally healthy to do?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)