|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4- Chapter 7: The Convalescent and Chapter 8: A Modern Arcadia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mr. Foster greet all the men while the women are preparing dinner the first night at Blithedale?
2. What intrigues Mr. Coverdale about the man who accosts him on his way back to his apartment?
(a) The person is blind.
(b) The hint that a gentlemen's influence may be desirable.
(c) The person seems very familiar.
(d) The hint that a lady's influence may be desirable.
3. What makes Mr. Coverdale think that Priscilla overheard his conversation with Zenobia in Section 3, Chapter 5?
(a) He notices her gazing at them sorrowfully.
(b) She sticks her tounge out at them.
(c) He notices her gazing at them angrily.
(d) He notices her wiping away tears.
4. What is the name of Mrs. Foster's husband?
5. What type of flower does Zenobia wear in her hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Coverdale think that Priscilla deserves some poetry written about her?
2. What does Zenobia praise Mr. Coverdale about at the beginning of Section 2, Chapter 3, as everyone arrives at Blithedale?
3. What does the community of Blithedale declare May Day as, in Section 4, Chapter 8?
4. What does the person who accosts Mr. Coverdale on his way back to his apartment in Section 1, Chapter 1 want from him?
5. Why do the people of Blithedale decide to continue sheltering Priscilla?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)