|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4- Chapter 7: The Convalescent and Chapter 8: A Modern Arcadia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intrigues Mr. Coverdale about the man who accosts him on his way back to his apartment?
(a) The person is blind.
(b) The person seems very familiar.
(c) The hint that a gentlemen's influence may be desirable.
(d) The hint that a lady's influence may be desirable.
2. After claiming that she is not positively ill-natured, why does Zenobia decide to be kind to Priscilla?
(a) Because she decides she really does like her.
(b) Because she wants everyone to forgive her.
(c) Because she feels bad about her treatment of her.
(d) Because Coverdale and Hollingsworth seem so interested in the girl.
3. What lady does Mr. Coverdale plan on meeting the day after he is accosted in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(c) The Veiled Lady.
4. What does Mr. Coverdale claim that the parlor in the old farmhouse in Blithedale is comparable to?
(a) The Artic.
(d) The beach.
5. What does Coverdale learn about Priscilla from Hollingsworth, in Section 4, Chapter 7?
(a) That she is the long-lost sister of Zenobia.
(b) That she has recently escaped peril and may still be liable to danger.
(c) That she is secrelty engaged to Hollingsworth.
(d) That she is terminally ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Coverdale convinced that Hollingsworth will gain Zenobia and Priscilla as, in Section 4, Chapter 8?
2. After Mr. Foster awakens everyone at Blithedale, what does Hollingsworth begin his first day there with?
3. What discomposes Priscilla after she delivers a letter to Coverdale, in Section 4, Chapter 8?
4. What does Zenobia have a lot of?
5. In Section 3, Chapter 5, how does Mr. Foster say he will wake everyone at Blithedale at daybreak?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)