|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4- Chapter 7: The Convalescent and Chapter 8: A Modern Arcadia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zenobia have a lot of?
2. What does Coverdale find Zenobia and Priscilla doing in the barn, in Section 4, Chapter 8?
(a) Lauging and celebrating the holiday together.
(c) Feeding the horses.
(d) Reading and discussing their books.
3. After Priscilla and Mr. Hollingsworth arrive and are introduced, who tells the others to feed Priscilla?
(a) Mr. Coverdale.
(b) Mrs. Foster.
(d) Mr. Foster.
4. What does Coverdale suggest to Hollingsworth that he should be, in Section 3, Chapter 6?
(a) A banker.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A priest.
(d) A lawyer.
5. What intrigues Mr. Coverdale about the man who accosts him on his way back to his apartment?
(a) The hint that a lady's influence may be desirable.
(b) The person is blind.
(c) The person seems very familiar.
(d) The hint that a gentlemen's influence may be desirable.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before his departure for Blithedale in Chapter 1, where is Mr. Coverdale returning to his apartment from?
2. What does Mr. Coverdale suspect about Priscilla and Zenobia in Section 3, Chapter 5?
3. The night that all the newcomers arrive at Blithedale, what does Zenobia tell them all she will act as?
4. How does Mr. Coverdale think the firelight from the hearth makes the men and women of Blithedale appear?
5. What are Mrs. Foster and her husband in charge of at Blithedale?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)