|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4- Chapter 7: The Convalescent and Chapter 8: A Modern Arcadia.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lady does Mr. Coverdale plan on meeting the day after he is accosted in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(d) The Veiled Lady.
2. What does Mr. Coverdale compare Zenobia to in Section 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Eve in the Garden of Eden.
(b) The sun.
(c) The ocean.
(d) An exotic flower.
3. Who does Mr. Coverdale suggest that Mr. Hollingsworth would be of assistance to in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(b) The Veiled Lady.
(d) Mr. Moodie.
4. Coverdale and Zenobia argue about women being happy in life; what does Zenobia say is the reason of woman's unhappiness?
(a) Men overpowering women.
(b) Lack of variety in life.
(c) Improper care of one's self.
(d) Too high standards for women.
5. What does Coverdale suggest to Hollingsworth that he should be, in Section 3, Chapter 6?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A banker.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men ride together to Blithedale during the storm in Section 1, Chapter 2?
2. What intrigues Mr. Coverdale about the man who accosts him on his way back to his apartment?
3. Why does Coverdale think that Priscilla deserves some poetry written about her?
4. What does Coverdale complain about his first day at Blithedale?
5. After Priscilla and Mr. Hollingsworth arrive and are introduced, who tells the others to feed Priscilla?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)