|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3- Chapter 5: Until Bedtime and Chapter 6: Coverdale's Sick Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person who accosts Mr. Coverdale on his way back to his apartment in Section 1, Chapter 1 want from him?
(a) His wallet.
(b) A great favor.
(c) His coat.
(d) His blessing.
2. Who accosts Mr. Coverdale on his way back to his apartment in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(d) Mr. Moodie.
3. After Mr. Foster awakens everyone at Blithedale, what does Hollingsworth begin his first day there with?
(a) A prayer.
(b) A three mile run.
(c) A bath.
(d) A hearty breakfast.
4. After Priscilla and Mr. Hollingsworth arrive and are introduced, who tells the others to feed Priscilla?
(b) Mr. Coverdale.
(c) Mr. Foster.
(d) Mrs. Foster.
5. What does Coverdale awake to outside his window after his first night at Blithedale?
(a) Broken tree limbs.
(b) Snow on the ground.
(c) Giant pieces of hail.
(d) Flowers blooming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a phenomenon in the Mesmeric line?
2. Before his departure for Blithedale in Chapter 1, where is Mr. Coverdale returning to his apartment from?
3. After the first group dinner at Blithedale, what does Mr. Foster do while everyone adjourns to the sitting room?
4. What are Mrs. Foster and her husband in charge of at Blithedale?
5. What intrigues Mr. Coverdale about the man who accosts him on his way back to his apartment?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)