|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3- Chapter 5: Until Bedtime and Chapter 6: Coverdale's Sick Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The night that all the newcomers arrive at Blithedale, what does Zenobia tell them all she will act as?
2. How does Mr. Foster greet all the men while the women are preparing dinner the first night at Blithedale?
3. After claiming that she is not positively ill-natured, why does Zenobia decide to be kind to Priscilla?
(a) Because she wants everyone to forgive her.
(b) Because Coverdale and Hollingsworth seem so interested in the girl.
(c) Because she decides she really does like her.
(d) Because she feels bad about her treatment of her.
4. After Mr. Foster awakens everyone at Blithedale, what does Hollingsworth begin his first day there with?
(a) A bath.
(b) A hearty breakfast.
(c) A three mile run.
(d) A prayer.
5. Who does Mr. Coverdale suggest that Mr. Hollingsworth would be of assistance to in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(a) The Veiled Lady.
(c) Mr. Moodie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zenobia have a lot of?
2. Who does Coverdale suggest to Hollingsworth that he believes Zenobia to be the sister of?
3. How does Mr. Coverdale think the firelight from the hearth makes the men and women of Blithedale appear?
4. What does Zenobia praise Mr. Coverdale about at the beginning of Section 2, Chapter 3, as everyone arrives at Blithedale?
5. What does Zenobia do with the flower in her hair after she announces dinner is ready?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)