|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3- Chapter 5: Until Bedtime and Chapter 6: Coverdale's Sick Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Coverdale suggest to Hollingsworth that he believes Zenobia to be the sister of?
(a) Mr. Foster.
(b) The Veiled Lady.
(c) Mrs. Foster.
2. Mr. Hollingsworth finally arrives and Blithedale and brings a young girl, Priscilla; how does she react when she sees Zenobia?
(a) She begins to cry.
(b) She begins to scream.
(c) She drops to her knees and clasps Zenobia's hand.
(d) She yells and runs away.
3. What does Coverdale awake to outside his window after his first night at Blithedale?
(a) Snow on the ground.
(b) Flowers blooming.
(c) Giant pieces of hail.
(d) Broken tree limbs.
4. What does Zenobia claim Priscilla to be after Mr. Coverdale tells her his suspicions?
(a) A cook.
(b) A writer.
(c) A maid.
(d) A seamstress.
5. In Section 3, Chapter 5, how does Mr. Foster say he will wake everyone at Blithedale at daybreak?
(a) He will come around to everyone's door and knock.
(b) He will ring the bells.
(c) He will fire his shotgun three times.
(d) He will sound the horn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Coverdale suggest that Mr. Hollingsworth would be of assistance to in Section 1, Chapter 1?
2. After claiming that she is not positively ill-natured, why does Zenobia decide to be kind to Priscilla?
3. After the first group dinner at Blithedale, what does Mr. Foster do while everyone adjourns to the sitting room?
4. How does Mr. Coverdale think the firelight from the hearth makes the men and women of Blithedale appear?
5. Before his departure for Blithedale in Chapter 1, where is Mr. Coverdale returning to his apartment from?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)