|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 3- Chapter 5: Until Bedtime and Chapter 6: Coverdale's Sick Chamber.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zenobia praise Mr. Coverdale about at the beginning of Section 2, Chapter 3, as everyone arrives at Blithedale?
(a) His music.
(b) His attire.
(c) His poetry.
(d) His food.
2. What does Coverdale awake to outside his window after his first night at Blithedale?
(a) Broken tree limbs.
(b) Giant pieces of hail.
(c) Flowers blooming.
(d) Snow on the ground.
3. Who accosts Mr. Coverdale on his way back to his apartment in Section 1, Chapter 1?
(a) Mr. Moodie.
4. After the first group dinner at Blithedale, what does Mr. Foster do while everyone adjourns to the sitting room?
(a) Sits on the porch and smokes his pipe.
(b) Cobbles an old pair of boots by the kitchen fire.
(c) Takes out the garbage.
(d) Goes to bed.
5. Who does Coverdale suggest to Hollingsworth that he believes Zenobia to be the sister of?
(a) Mr. Foster.
(b) The Veiled Lady.
(d) Mrs. Foster.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Coverdale compare Zenobia to in Section 2, Chapter 3?
2. What is the name of Mrs. Foster's husband?
3. After claiming that she is not positively ill-natured, why does Zenobia decide to be kind to Priscilla?
4. After Priscilla and Mr. Hollingsworth arrive and are introduced, who tells the others to feed Priscilla?
5. Why is Zenobia upset with Mr. Hollingsworth in Section 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)