|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 13- Chapter 25: The Three Together and Chapter 26: Zenobia and Coverdale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Coverdale gets leaves for Blithedale, his first steps are joyful; however, as he gets closer, how does he feel?
(a) Like a nameless foreboding weighs upon him.
(b) Sad, and he begins to cry.
2. In Section 6, Chapter 12, Coverdale watches Hollingsworth beckoning the others; what does he think Hollingsworth sees all of mankind as?
(a) Another yoke of oxen.
(b) Another chicken in the coop.
(c) Another pig in the pen.
(d) Another herd of cattle.
3. After Hollingsworth admits that he does love Priscilla, he bids her to come to him; what do Zenobia and Coverdale want Priscilla to do?
(a) Run away.
(b) Go to Coverdale.
(c) Go to Hollingsworth.
(d) Not go to Hollingsworth.
4. Regarding the stranger who interrupts Coverdale's secluded time; who does he ask for an interview with?
(c) Mrs. Foster.
5. What does Coverdale suspect about Zenobia's countenance as he sees her interact with Priscilla in Section 5, Chapter 9?
(a) She is truly being helpful.
(b) She is too cold and heartless.
(c) She appears as though she is deviously plotting.
(d) She seems to be acting too sweetly.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Coverdale spend his first night at Blithedale?
2. After Moodie visits, Coverdale decides to take a holiday for the day; where does he go?
3. While telling her legend, Zenobia asks Priscilla to stand in front of her so that she can be inspired by her what?
4. In Section 11, Chapter 21, it occurs to Coverdale to seek an interview with Moodie, so where does he go to look for him?
5. Priscilla questions Hollingsworth about Zenobia's view of the injustice the world does to women; how does he respond?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)