|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5- Chapter 9: Hollingsworth, Zenobia, Priscilla and Chapter 10: A Visitor From Town.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Mrs. Foster's husband?
2. Why do the people of Blithedale decide to continue sheltering Priscilla?
(a) To deserve the reputation of a benevolent community.
(b) She begged for them to let her stay.
(c) She has volunteered to be a maid.
(d) They feel obligated because she is favored by Hollingsworth.
3. How does Mr. Coverdale think the firelight from the hearth makes the men and women of Blithedale appear?
(a) The men strong and the women weak.
(b) The men youthful and the women beautiful.
(c) The men weak and the women strong.
(d) The men handsome and the women meek.
4. What does Coverdale suspect that Priscilla purposefully arranged for Moodie to see?
(a) Zenobia and Hollingsworth together.
(b) Priscilla and Hollingsworth together.
(c) Priscilla crying.
(d) Priscilla and Zenobia acting playfully.
5. How does Mr. Foster greet all the men while the women are preparing dinner the first night at Blithedale?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who accosts Mr. Coverdale on his way back to his apartment in Section 1, Chapter 1?
2. What does Priscilla ask that Zenobia do for her?
3. What does Coverdale learn about Priscilla from Hollingsworth, in Section 4, Chapter 7?
4. In Section 5, Chapter 9, what does Coverdale realize it's not mentally healthy to do?
5. What does Coverdale awake to outside his window after his first night at Blithedale?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)