|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5- Chapter 9: Hollingsworth, Zenobia, Priscilla and Chapter 10: A Visitor From Town.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Priscilla do when Coverdale tells her that she is fortunate that she has nothing dismal to remember?
(a) She smiles at him.
(b) She tells him she does have dismal things from her past.
(c) She tells him he does not know her at all.
(d) She seems to be listening to a distant voice.
2. Why does Coverdale believe the neighbors of Blithedale slander their farming abilities?
(a) Because of their envy and malice.
(b) Because they are mean.
(c) Because they are scared of them.
(d) Because they want to destroy them.
3. What do Hollingsworth and Coverdale hoe together while the rest of the fraternity is situated in a distant corner of the farm?
4. Coverdale reads a lot while in his room and discusses the works with Hollingsworth; whose work disgusts Hollingsworth?
5. What is the name of Mrs. Foster's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter does Priscilla bring to Coverdale in his room, along with a nightcap?
2. Coverdale and Zenobia argue about women being happy in life; what does Zenobia say is the reason of woman's unhappiness?
3. After Priscilla and Mr. Hollingsworth arrive and are introduced, who tells the others to feed Priscilla?
4. How many men ride together to Blithedale during the storm in Section 1, Chapter 2?
5. What does Coverdale suspect about Zenobia's countenance as he sees her interact with Priscilla in Section 5, Chapter 9?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)