|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9- Chapter 17: The Hotel and Chapter 18: The Boarding-House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Zenobia upset with Mr. Hollingsworth in Section 2, Chapter 3?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He ruins her dinner.
(d) He's late.
2. In Zenobia's story about the Veiled Lady, who sneaks into the Lady's private chamber with the intent of unveiling her?
3. Coverdale and Zenobia argue about women being happy in life; what does Zenobia say is the reason of woman's unhappiness?
(a) Lack of variety in life.
(b) Too high standards for women.
(c) Men overpowering women.
(d) Improper care of one's self.
4. After Coverdale fails at trying to meet up with Zenobia and Priscilla in town, what does he long for?
(a) A chance meeting.
(b) A storm to bring them together.
(c) A castastrophe.
(d) To be back at Blithedale.
5. Out of the three people that Coverdale spies from his hotel window at the boardinghouse, which two seem to repel one another?
(a) Zenobia and Westervelt.
(b) Priscilla and Westervelt.
(c) Priscilla and Moodie.
(d) Zenobia and Hollingsworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Priscilla and Mr. Hollingsworth arrive and are introduced, who tells the others to feed Priscilla?
2. What does Coverdale learn about Priscilla from Hollingsworth, in Section 4, Chapter 7?
3. What does Coverdale find Zenobia and Priscilla doing in the barn, in Section 4, Chapter 8?
4. What does Priscilla ask that Zenobia do for her?
5. Coverdale believes he has done Hollingsworth a great wrong by prying into his character; why can't he help it?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)