|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9- Chapter 17: The Hotel and Chapter 18: The Boarding-House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Hollingsworth finally arrives and Blithedale and brings a young girl, Priscilla; how does she react when she sees Zenobia?
(a) She yells and runs away.
(b) She begins to scream.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She drops to her knees and clasps Zenobia's hand.
2. The neighbors of Blithedale gossip that Zenobia and Hollingsworth are lovers; where do they say they plan to erect their home?
(a) On a sloping hill where they frequently walk.
(b) By a nearby pond they like to visit.
(c) Near the mountainside.
(d) In a beautiful meadow where they have picnics.
3. In Zenobia's story about the Veiled Lady, what does the Lady tell the young man who sneaks into her room will happen to him if he kisses her?
(a) He will condem himelf to death.
(b) He will help to free her from the spell.
(c) He will never be able to forget her.
(d) He will be pledged to her, and from that instant she is doomed to be his evil fate.
4. After Coverdale is looked upon scornfully by one of the three people staying at the boardinghouse, who disappears from the window of the boudoir?
5. What does Coverdale believe is his duty to do for Priscilla?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Get rid of her.
(c) Educate her.
(d) Protect her.
Short Answer Questions
1. From his hotel window in town, what is Coverdale watching creep along the office rooftops that bewitches him?
2. In Zenobia's story about the Veiled Lady, what spell does the magician tell the lady about, after warning her of peril?
3. After Coverdale tells Hollingsworth he does not know if he will ever be a philanthropist, how does Hollingsworth react?
4. Out of the three people staying at the boardinghouse, which one notices Coverdale watching them from his hotel window?
5. What does Zenobia do with the flower in her hair after she announces dinner is ready?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)