|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 9- Chapter 17: The Hotel and Chapter 18: The Boarding-House.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zenobia praise Mr. Coverdale about at the beginning of Section 2, Chapter 3, as everyone arrives at Blithedale?
(a) His music.
(b) His attire.
(c) His food.
(d) His poetry.
2. While watching the boardinghouse from his hotel window, Coverdale beholds Zenobia and Priscilla; who else does he see with them?
(c) Mrs. Foster.
3. In Section 5, Chapter 9, what does Coverdale realize it's not mentally healthy to do?
(a) Sleep all day.
(b) Envy others.
(c) Stay inside his room all day alone.
(d) Study individuals too closely.
4. Out of the three people that Coverdale spies from his hotel window at the boardinghouse, which two seem to repel one another?
(a) Priscilla and Moodie.
(b) Zenobia and Hollingsworth.
(c) Zenobia and Westervelt.
(d) Priscilla and Westervelt.
5. Who did Priscilla used to make silk purses for?
(d) Mrs. Foster.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Priscilla and Mr. Hollingsworth arrive and are introduced, who tells the others to feed Priscilla?
2. After Coverdale fails at trying to meet up with Zenobia and Priscilla in town, what does he long for?
3. What letter does Priscilla bring to Coverdale in his room, along with a nightcap?
4. Priscilla questions Hollingsworth about Zenobia's view of the injustice the world does to women; how does he respond?
5. Why do the people of Blithedale decide to continue sheltering Priscilla?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)