|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12- Chapter 23: A Village Hall and Chapter 24: The Masqueraders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the interview that Coverdale is attending, who jumps to the platform after the lady rises as a mysterious tremor shakes her veil?
2. How may days after the interview that Coverdale attended in Section 12, Chapter 23, does he set out for Blithedale?
(a) Three days.
(b) One day.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
3. How does Coverdale react when Hollingsworth wants to know if he will cooperate in his great scheme?
(a) Coverdale yells at Hollingsworth.
(b) Coverdale does not know what to say to Hollingsworth.
(c) Coverdale agrees with Hollingsworth's plan.
(d) Coverdale chides Hollingsworth.
4. At the interview that Coverdale is attending, who appears onstage in Oriental robes?
5. In Section 8, Chapter 16, Coverdale announces that he is leaving Blithedale for a week or two; why?
(a) To visit family.
(b) To barter goods from the farm.
(c) For financial reasons.
(d) For his health.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to join Hollingsworth in his scheme, though it is a great effort?
2. As the summer passes at Blithedale, what do Coverdale and Hollingsworth discuss the community's plans to erect?
3. As Coverdale escapes the strange creatures in the woods, he comes upon the pulpit; who does he see there, besides Hollingsworth and Priscilla?
4. What does the community of Blithedale declare May Day as, in Section 4, Chapter 8?
5. What discomposes Priscilla after she delivers a letter to Coverdale, in Section 4, Chapter 8?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)