|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12- Chapter 23: A Village Hall and Chapter 24: The Masqueraders.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the people of Blithedale decide to continue sheltering Priscilla?
(a) To deserve the reputation of a benevolent community.
(b) They feel obligated because she is favored by Hollingsworth.
(c) She begged for them to let her stay.
(d) She has volunteered to be a maid.
2. In Section 8, Chapter 16, Coverdale announces that he is leaving Blithedale for a week or two; why?
(a) For his health.
(b) For financial reasons.
(c) To barter goods from the farm.
(d) To visit family.
3. During the interview at the lyceum hall, who does Coverdale ask where Priscilla is, and receives a glare in response from this person?
4. What letter does Priscilla bring to Coverdale in his room, along with a nightcap?
(a) An opened letter from Miss Margaret Fuller.
(b) A sealed letter from Miss Margaret Fuller.
(c) An opened letter from Zenobia.
(d) A sealed letter from Zenobia.
5. In Section 8, Chapter 15, Hollingsworth, having no faith in Coverdale's dream, mentions his own scheme for what?
(a) Finding teachers for a school.
(b) Raising funds for a temple.
(c) Reformation of criminals.
(d) Building of a hospital.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Section 12, Chapter 23, how long does Coverdale wander restlessly, trying to avoid Hollingsworth, Priscilla and Zenobia?
2. What does Hollingsworth seem to have no regret for overthrowing in Section 8, Chapter 15?
3. How does Coverdale react when Hollingsworth wants to know if he will cooperate in his great scheme?
4. As the summer passes at Blithedale, what do Coverdale and Hollingsworth discuss the community's plans to erect?
5. Why does Coverdale think that Priscilla deserves some poetry written about her?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)