|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the professional football market rules change?
2. After he is taken out of his mother's home, how long does Michael refuse to go to school?
3. Which of the following athletes did Michael admire most when he was a child?
4. How long is Michael interviewed by the NCAA investigator?
5. After he is taken away from his mother's home, which of the following is NOT a place where Michael stayed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Coach DeLeone feel about Michael when he first arrives at Ole Miss?
2. How does Michael perform during his first Egg Bowl?
3. What clause was put into Will Wolford's contract when he was playing for the Indianapolis Colts?
4. What problem arises when Leigh Anne tries to locate one of Michael's baby photos for the high school yearbook?
5. How did left tackle Chris Doleman get into the head of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana?
6. What was Michael's sentence after injuring the young boy in his fight with Antonio?
7. When Michael is taken to a psychological examiner to be evaluated, what does the doctor decide?
8. What was life like for Michael when he was living in a foster home?
9. What does Michael learn about Ole Miss' history and their treatment of African-American students?
10. What does Michael wonder about while he is being interviewed by Joyce Thomspson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael Oher has had an extremely rough childhood. First, explain Michael's history within his own family and then in the various families he had within the foster care system. Then, explain whether or not you believe Michael overcame his childhood.
Essay Topic 2
Because Michael had no formal training before he started playing football for Briarcrest, he struggled to learn the plays. First, explain why Michael could not understand the plays. Then, explain how the coaches at Briarcrest helped guide Michael through the plays so he would eventually become a star.
Essay Topic 3
Michael was very involved in the scouting process and came to the schools with his own demands he wanted met. First, describe each of the three schools Michael narrowed down as being his top favorites. Then, explain what Michael demanded from each school if he was going to attend and play football for them.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)