|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael describe his first foster mother?
2. Which of Dee Dee's family members was murdered in his bed?
3. During which month of the year does Michael make his final decision about which college he will attend?
4. Which of the following football players is inaugurated into the football Hall of Fame?
5. What is the name of Big Tony's son, who is friends with Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael respond to Joyce Thompson's questions while she is interviewing him?
2. What happened to Dee Dee in her childhood that affected her into adulthood?
3. What does Michael wonder about while he is being interviewed by Joyce Thomspson?
4. What was life like for Michael when he was living in a foster home?
5. How do the college coaches react when Michael makes his final selection as to which college he will attend?
6. How does Michael's mother, Dee Dee, react to the news that Michael is going to graduate from high school?
7. When Michael is taken to a psychological examiner to be evaluated, what does the doctor decide?
8. What is the Egg Bowl?
9. What does Michael learn about Ole Miss' history and their treatment of African-American students?
10. How did Michael feel about his family and friends coming to him asking for money after he started playing football?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Michael chose to attend Ole Miss University, there was an uproar from the NCAA. First, explain why the other universities associated with the NCAA were disgruntled about Michael's college selection. Then, explain why an investigator from the NCAA showed up at the Tuohy's door and what she wanted to know.
Essay Topic 2
All throughout his life, people wondered if Michael Oher had a learning disability. First, explain the various tests Michael undertook to figure out his learning style. Then, explain what the tests showed about Michael's cognitive skills and what Michael learned about his own intelligence.
Essay Topic 3
When Michael was playing for Briarcrest, scouts from all over the country came to see him play. First, create a list of at least five schools that came scouting for Michael. Then, explain some of the various tactics they used hoping to lure Michael to their schools.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)