|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is Michael interviewed by the NCAA investigator?
2. How much higher is Jonathan Ogdan's salary than the quarterback from his same team?
3. When Michael is out of school, how many hours per day does he play basketball, practicing to be a famous athlete one day?
4. How does DeLeone feel about Michael playing for Ole Miss during his freshman year?
5. What does Wallace note about Montana's strategies when playing against Doleman?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Dee Dee do at the first of every month, like clockwork?
2. When Michael is taken to a psychological examiner to be evaluated, what does the doctor decide?
3. What does Michael learn about Ole Miss' history and their treatment of African-American students?
4. Who is Joyce Thomson, and why does she show up on the Tuohy's doorstep?
5. How did left tackle Chris Doleman get into the head of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana?
6. What problem arises when Leigh Anne tries to locate one of Michael's baby photos for the high school yearbook?
7. What clause was put into Will Wolford's contract when he was playing for the Indianapolis Colts?
8. How did Michael feel about his family and friends coming to him asking for money after he started playing football?
9. What happened to Dee Dee in her childhood that affected her into adulthood?
10. How does Leigh Anne Tuohy feel about the aggressive coaches who come to visit Michael in her home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Michael graduated from high school, it was a moment of extreme pride for him. First, create a list of all the people who came out to support Michael during the ceremony. Then, explain why Dee Dee was not in attendance. Finally, explain how Leigh Anne maneuvered around the problem of finding a baby photo for Michael's graduation year book.
Essay Topic 2
When Michael wanted to play sports at Briarcrest school, he first had to get his grades up, which was no easy feat. First, explain how Michael managed to raise his grades from failing to passing. Then, explain what tutor Jennifer Graves learned about Michael's learning style within the first few weeks of class.
Essay Topic 3
All throughout his life, people wondered if Michael Oher had a learning disability. First, explain the various tests Michael undertook to figure out his learning style. Then, explain what the tests showed about Michael's cognitive skills and what Michael learned about his own intelligence.
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)