|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day that the children are taken away from Dee Dee's home, what does Michael remember hearing?
2. How does Michael feel about the difficulty of the plays at Ole Miss compared to the plays at Briarcrest?
3. How does Michael perform during his first Egg Bowl?
4. Who does Walsh replace Montana with during his game against Doleman?
5. What is the name of Michael's friend whom he regularly visits colleges with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was life like for Michael when he was living in a foster home?
2. What would Dee Dee do at the first of every month, like clockwork?
3. How does the Tuohy family treat Michael after he moves into their home?
4. What clause was put into Will Wolford's contract when he was playing for the Indianapolis Colts?
5. How did Dee Dee meet Michael's father, Michael Williams?
6. What does Michael learn about Ole Miss' history and their treatment of African-American students?
7. How does Michael's mother, Dee Dee, react to the news that Michael is going to graduate from high school?
8. How did left tackle Chris Doleman get into the head of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana?
9. What is the Egg Bowl?
10. What lengths do college coaches go to in the hopes of wooing Michael Oher to their schools?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Michael enters the football world, he becomes an almost instant celebrity. First, explain why Michael was so desirable to the football world. Then, explain how celebrity affected Michael and his relationships. Finally, explain how some advice from Coach O helped Michael understand his place within society and as a role model.
Essay Topic 2
The success of left tackles in the NFL had a major impact on the way professional players were paid. First, explain how the role of the left tackle in NFL games changed over the past 40 years. Then, explain how these changes in NFL policy were reflected in the paychecks of the professional players.
Essay Topic 3
Michael is a fish out of water at Briarcrest school. First, explain how Michael found his way to Briarcrest and which people in his life fought to ensure he would find a place at this school. Then, explain how the school itself reacted to having its first African American student.
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)