|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Michael when he meets Big Tony for the first time?
2. When the children are taken away from her, where does Dee Dee sleep at night?
3. At what age did Dee Dee start to become involved with drugs?
4. What is the name of Big Tony's son, who is friends with Michael?
5. Who is the only person Michael discusses his college selection process with?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael wonder about while he is being interviewed by Joyce Thomspson?
2. What does Michael learn about Ole Miss' history and their treatment of African-American students?
3. How does Leigh Anne Tuohy feel about the aggressive coaches who come to visit Michael in her home?
4. How did Dee Dee meet Michael's father, Michael Williams?
5. Who is Joyce Thomson, and why does she show up on the Tuohy's doorstep?
6. What clause was put into Will Wolford's contract when he was playing for the Indianapolis Colts?
7. How does Michael's mother, Dee Dee, react to the news that Michael is going to graduate from high school?
8. What is the Egg Bowl?
9. What happened to Dee Dee in her childhood that affected her into adulthood?
10. What does Michael remember most about the day when Child Services came to take him and his siblings away?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The success of left tackles in the NFL had a major impact on the way professional players were paid. First, explain how the role of the left tackle in NFL games changed over the past 40 years. Then, explain how these changes in NFL policy were reflected in the paychecks of the professional players.
Essay Topic 2
When Michael enters the football world, he becomes an almost instant celebrity. First, explain why Michael was so desirable to the football world. Then, explain how celebrity affected Michael and his relationships. Finally, explain how some advice from Coach O helped Michael understand his place within society and as a role model.
Essay Topic 3
Joe Lemming was instrumental in getting Michael involved in the college football league. First, explain what role Joe Lemming plays in the football world. Then, explain how he helped propel Michael into football super-stardom, citing at least two examples of their meetings.
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)