|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leigh Anne steal to use in Michael's high school year book?
2. Which of the following people shows Michael a stack of newspaper clippings about him, explaining that he 's a celebrity now?
3. What team does left tackle, Jonathan Ogdan play for?
4. Which of the following people starts a foundation for poor black children who show athletic promise but need help academically?
5. Who coaches the team where Steve Wallace plays?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael feel about his family and friends coming to him asking for money after he started playing football?
2. What happened to Dee Dee in her childhood that affected her into adulthood?
3. What does Michael learn about Ole Miss' history and their treatment of African-American students?
4. What problem arises when Leigh Anne tries to locate one of Michael's baby photos for the high school yearbook?
5. How do the college coaches react when Michael makes his final selection as to which college he will attend?
6. When Michael is taken to a psychological examiner to be evaluated, what does the doctor decide?
7. How does Michael perform during his first Egg Bowl?
8. What would Dee Dee do at the first of every month, like clockwork?
9. Who is Joyce Thomson, and why does she show up on the Tuohy's doorstep?
10. What was Michael's sentence after injuring the young boy in his fight with Antonio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of this biography is "The Blind Side." First, explain what a blindside is in football terms. Then, explain whether or not you think this is an appropriate title for the biography. Use at least two scenes from the biography to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
The success of left tackles in the NFL had a major impact on the way professional players were paid. First, explain how the role of the left tackle in NFL games changed over the past 40 years. Then, explain how these changes in NFL policy were reflected in the paychecks of the professional players.
Essay Topic 3
All throughout his life, people wondered if Michael Oher had a learning disability. First, explain the various tests Michael undertook to figure out his learning style. Then, explain what the tests showed about Michael's cognitive skills and what Michael learned about his own intelligence.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)