|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which month of the year does Michael make his final decision about which college he will attend?
2. Which of the following football players is inaugurated into the football Hall of Fame?
3. Why does Michael think all the rich white people are interested in his life?
4. How much does Michael's tutor from Ole Miss charge him to help keep his grades up?
5. Which of the following people also attend Ole Miss and frequently come to cheer Michael on at his games?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problem arises when Leigh Anne tries to locate one of Michael's baby photos for the high school yearbook?
2. What does Michael remember most about the day when Child Services came to take him and his siblings away?
3. Who is Joyce Thomson, and why does she show up on the Tuohy's doorstep?
4. How does Coach DeLeone feel about Michael when he first arrives at Ole Miss?
5. What was life like for Michael when he was living in a foster home?
6. How does Michael perform during his first Egg Bowl?
7. What clause was put into Will Wolford's contract when he was playing for the Indianapolis Colts?
8. What does Michael learn about Ole Miss' history and their treatment of African-American students?
9. What is the Egg Bowl?
10. How does the Tuohy family treat Michael after he moves into their home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Michael chose to attend Ole Miss University, there was an uproar from the NCAA. First, explain why the other universities associated with the NCAA were disgruntled about Michael's college selection. Then, explain why an investigator from the NCAA showed up at the Tuohy's door and what she wanted to know.
Essay Topic 2
All throughout his life, people wondered if Michael Oher had a learning disability. First, explain the various tests Michael undertook to figure out his learning style. Then, explain what the tests showed about Michael's cognitive skills and what Michael learned about his own intelligence.
Essay Topic 3
When Michael was playing for Briarcrest, scouts from all over the country came to see him play. First, create a list of at least five schools that came scouting for Michael. Then, explain some of the various tactics they used hoping to lure Michael to their schools.
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)