|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael feel about the difficulty of the plays at Ole Miss compared to the plays at Briarcrest?
2. Which of the following left tackles helped his team secure a Super Bowl victory?
3. Who does Michael claim is the only person in his life he ever fully trusted?
4. What is the name of Big Tony's son, who is friends with Michael?
5. Which of the following teams put a clause in their contract, ensuring player Will Wolford would always remain the highest paid player on their team?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael feel about his family and friends coming to him asking for money after he started playing football?
2. How did left tackle Chris Doleman get into the head of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana?
3. Who is Joyce Thomson, and why does she show up on the Tuohy's doorstep?
4. Why does Michael believe Dee Dee was a good mother?
5. How does the Tuohy family treat Michael after he moves into their home?
6. What was Michael's sentence after injuring the young boy in his fight with Antonio?
7. How does Michael perform during his first Egg Bowl?
8. What happened to Dee Dee in her childhood that affected her into adulthood?
9. How does Leigh Anne Tuohy feel about the aggressive coaches who come to visit Michael in her home?
10. What lengths do college coaches go to in the hopes of wooing Michael Oher to their schools?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Michael graduated from high school, it was a moment of extreme pride for him. First, create a list of all the people who came out to support Michael during the ceremony. Then, explain why Dee Dee was not in attendance. Finally, explain how Leigh Anne maneuvered around the problem of finding a baby photo for Michael's graduation year book.
Essay Topic 2
Dee Dee, Michael's mother had a rough childhood herself. First, describe at least two major events of Dee Dee's childhood that shaped her personality and outlook on the world. Then, explain how Dee Dee's drug addiction affected the lives her own children.
Essay Topic 3
After Michael was taken away from his mother's home, he lived in many different places. First, describe Michael's emotions over being taken away from his mother's custody. Then, describe at least three different places Michael lived after being taken away by Child Services at the age of 10.
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)