|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael makes his final decision about which school he will attend, whom do the other coaches complain about to the NCAA?
2. What position does Coach O start Michael playing in his first season at Ole Miss?
3. How does superstar Joe Montana fare when he plays against Chris Doleman?
4. Which of the following schools does NOT make it onto Michael's short-list of potential schools?
5. How many men has Michael's mother fathered children by?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Michael feel about his family and friends coming to him asking for money after he started playing football?
2. Why does Michael believe Dee Dee was a good mother?
3. What problem arises when Leigh Anne tries to locate one of Michael's baby photos for the high school yearbook?
4. What happened to Dee Dee in her childhood that affected her into adulthood?
5. How does Leigh Anne Tuohy feel about the aggressive coaches who come to visit Michael in her home?
6. What was Michael's sentence after injuring the young boy in his fight with Antonio?
7. How does Michael perform during his first Egg Bowl?
8. What does Michael remember most about the day when Child Services came to take him and his siblings away?
9. How does the Tuohy family treat Michael after he moves into their home?
10. How do the college coaches react when Michael makes his final selection as to which college he will attend?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joe Lemming was instrumental in getting Michael involved in the college football league. First, explain what role Joe Lemming plays in the football world. Then, explain how he helped propel Michael into football super-stardom, citing at least two examples of their meetings.
Essay Topic 2
When Michael enters the football world, he becomes an almost instant celebrity. First, explain why Michael was so desirable to the football world. Then, explain how celebrity affected Michael and his relationships. Finally, explain how some advice from Coach O helped Michael understand his place within society and as a role model.
Essay Topic 3
Throughout his football career, Michael struggled to keep his temper under control. First, give at least two examples of times in which Michael loses his temper on the football field. Then, explain how Michael gradually learned to keep his temper in check.
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)