|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Robert meet Michael Oher's father, Michael Williams?
2. During what year will Michael start as a freshman at the college of his choice?
3. After Michael is found guilty of injuring the young boy, what is his criminal sentence?
4. Which of the following left tackles helped his team secure a Super Bowl victory?
5. What is the name of Michael's tutor from Ole Miss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What lengths do college coaches go to in the hopes of wooing Michael Oher to their schools?
2. Who is Joyce Thomson, and why does she show up on the Tuohy's doorstep?
3. What clause was put into Will Wolford's contract when he was playing for the Indianapolis Colts?
4. How does Michael respond to Joyce Thompson's questions while she is interviewing him?
5. How did Michael feel about his family and friends coming to him asking for money after he started playing football?
6. Why does Michael believe Dee Dee was a good mother?
7. What would Dee Dee do at the first of every month, like clockwork?
8. How did Dee Dee meet Michael's father, Michael Williams?
9. What happened to Dee Dee in her childhood that affected her into adulthood?
10. What was life like for Michael when he was living in a foster home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Once Sean Tuohy meets Michael, he does everything he can to help the boy succeed. First, explain how Sean Tuohy helps Michael excel at school. Then, explain how Sean helps Michael excel at football. Finally, explain how Sean helps Michael out of a criminal situation.
Essay Topic 2
Dee Dee, Michael's mother had a rough childhood herself. First, describe at least two major events of Dee Dee's childhood that shaped her personality and outlook on the world. Then, explain how Dee Dee's drug addiction affected the lives her own children.
Essay Topic 3
All throughout his life, people wondered if Michael Oher had a learning disability. First, explain the various tests Michael undertook to figure out his learning style. Then, explain what the tests showed about Michael's cognitive skills and what Michael learned about his own intelligence.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)