|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Michael runs away from his foster home, what is the name of the housing project where is mother is living?
2. When Michael is out of school, how many hours per day does he play basketball, practicing to be a famous athlete one day?
3. Who is the only person Michael discusses his college selection process with?
4. Why is the NCAA investigator finally asked to leave the Tuohy home?
5. Which of the following football players is inaugurated into the football Hall of Fame?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
All throughout his life, people wondered if Michael Oher had a learning disability. First, explain the various tests Michael undertook to figure out his learning style. Then, explain what the tests showed about Michael's cognitive skills and what Michael learned about his own intelligence.
Essay Topic 2
When Michael wanted to play sports at Briarcrest school, he first had to get his grades up, which was no easy feat. First, explain how Michael managed to raise his grades from failing to passing. Then, explain what tutor Jennifer Graves learned about Michael's learning style within the first few weeks of class.
Essay Topic 3
The Tuohy family had a huge impact on Michael's life while he was in school. First, explain how the Tuohy family was introduced to Michael Oher. Then, explain how the family affected Michael's life and success before he ever moved in with them.
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)