|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Michael, how many siblings does he have?
2. How many men has Michael's mother fathered children by?
3. Which of the following teams put a clause in their contract, ensuring player Will Wolford would always remain the highest paid player on their team?
4. At one time, what did Michael plan to do for his siblings but never followed through with?
5. To which of the following drugs is Dee Dee addicted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Michael's mother, Dee Dee, react to the news that Michael is going to graduate from high school?
2. What would Dee Dee do at the first of every month, like clockwork?
3. How do the college coaches react when Michael makes his final selection as to which college he will attend?
4. What lengths do college coaches go to in the hopes of wooing Michael Oher to their schools?
5. What problem arises when Leigh Anne tries to locate one of Michael's baby photos for the high school yearbook?
6. How did Michael feel about his family and friends coming to him asking for money after he started playing football?
7. Who is Joyce Thomson, and why does she show up on the Tuohy's doorstep?
8. How did Dee Dee meet Michael's father, Michael Williams?
9. Why does Michael believe Dee Dee was a good mother?
10. How does Coach DeLeone feel about Michael when he first arrives at Ole Miss?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of this biography is "The Blind Side." First, explain what a blindside is in football terms. Then, explain whether or not you think this is an appropriate title for the biography. Use at least two scenes from the biography to support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
When Michael is attending Ole Miss, he gets into a violent fight with his friend, Antonio. First, explain what prompted the fight between these two friends. Then, describe the after effects of this fight on Michael's life and his career in the football world.
Essay Topic 3
When Michael enters the football world, he becomes an almost instant celebrity. First, explain why Michael was so desirable to the football world. Then, explain how celebrity affected Michael and his relationships. Finally, explain how some advice from Coach O helped Michael understand his place within society and as a role model.
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)