|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following students is NOT offered a full-ride scholarship if Michael chooses to attend Ole Miss University?
2. What do the winners of the Egg Bowl win each year?
3. On the day that the children are taken away from Dee Dee's home, what does Michael remember hearing?
4. When the children are taken away from her, where does Dee Dee sleep at night?
5. How long is Michael interviewed by the NCAA investigator?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Egg Bowl?
2. How does Coach DeLeone feel about Michael when he first arrives at Ole Miss?
3. What lengths do college coaches go to in the hopes of wooing Michael Oher to their schools?
4. What problem arises when Leigh Anne tries to locate one of Michael's baby photos for the high school yearbook?
5. How does Michael perform during his first Egg Bowl?
6. What was Michael's sentence after injuring the young boy in his fight with Antonio?
7. How do the college coaches react when Michael makes his final selection as to which college he will attend?
8. How does Michael's mother, Dee Dee, react to the news that Michael is going to graduate from high school?
9. What does Michael remember most about the day when Child Services came to take him and his siblings away?
10. How does the Tuohy family treat Michael after he moves into their home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael Oher has had an extremely rough childhood. First, explain Michael's history within his own family and then in the various families he had within the foster care system. Then, explain whether or not you believe Michael overcame his childhood.
Essay Topic 2
After Michael was taken away from his mother's home, he lived in many different places. First, describe Michael's emotions over being taken away from his mother's custody. Then, describe at least three different places Michael lived after being taken away by Child Services at the age of 10.
Essay Topic 3
When Michael wanted to play sports at Briarcrest school, he first had to get his grades up, which was no easy feat. First, explain how Michael managed to raise his grades from failing to passing. Then, explain what tutor Jennifer Graves learned about Michael's learning style within the first few weeks of class.
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)