|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the day that the children are taken away from Dee Dee's home, what does Michael remember hearing?
2. What team does left tackle, Jonathan Ogdan play for?
3. How does Michael describe his first foster mother?
4. To which of the following drugs is Dee Dee addicted?
5. How does Michael perform during his first Egg Bowl?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would Dee Dee do at the first of every month, like clockwork?
2. Why does Michael believe Dee Dee was a good mother?
3. How did Michael feel about his family and friends coming to him asking for money after he started playing football?
4. How does the Tuohy family treat Michael after he moves into their home?
5. How did left tackle Chris Doleman get into the head of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana?
6. What does Michael remember most about the day when Child Services came to take him and his siblings away?
7. What problem arises when Leigh Anne tries to locate one of Michael's baby photos for the high school yearbook?
8. What happened to Dee Dee in her childhood that affected her into adulthood?
9. What does Michael wonder about while he is being interviewed by Joyce Thomspson?
10. What was Michael's sentence after injuring the young boy in his fight with Antonio?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout his football career, Michael struggled to keep his temper under control. First, give at least two examples of times in which Michael loses his temper on the football field. Then, explain how Michael gradually learned to keep his temper in check.
Essay Topic 2
The title of this biography is "The Blind Side." First, explain what a blindside is in football terms. Then, explain whether or not you think this is an appropriate title for the biography. Use at least two scenes from the biography to support your argument.
Essay Topic 3
Michael was very involved in the scouting process and came to the schools with his own demands he wanted met. First, describe each of the three schools Michael narrowed down as being his top favorites. Then, explain what Michael demanded from each school if he was going to attend and play football for them.
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)