|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following people uses Michael's success to negotiate a new job for himself?
2. Who is the only person Michael discusses his college selection process with?
3. How does Michael describe his first foster mother?
4. At one time, what did Michael plan to do for his siblings but never followed through with?
5. How does Michael feel about the difficulty of the plays at Ole Miss compared to the plays at Briarcrest?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Michael learn about Ole Miss' history and their treatment of African-American students?
2. What lengths do college coaches go to in the hopes of wooing Michael Oher to their schools?
3. How does Michael respond to Joyce Thompson's questions while she is interviewing him?
4. How did Michael feel about his family and friends coming to him asking for money after he started playing football?
5. What clause was put into Will Wolford's contract when he was playing for the Indianapolis Colts?
6. What happened to Dee Dee in her childhood that affected her into adulthood?
7. What does Michael wonder about while he is being interviewed by Joyce Thomspson?
8. Who is Joyce Thomson, and why does she show up on the Tuohy's doorstep?
9. How does the Tuohy family treat Michael after he moves into their home?
10. How does Michael perform during his first Egg Bowl?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael Oher has had an extremely rough childhood. First, explain Michael's history within his own family and then in the various families he had within the foster care system. Then, explain whether or not you believe Michael overcame his childhood.
Essay Topic 2
When Michael chose to attend Ole Miss University, there was an uproar from the NCAA. First, explain why the other universities associated with the NCAA were disgruntled about Michael's college selection. Then, explain why an investigator from the NCAA showed up at the Tuohy's door and what she wanted to know.
Essay Topic 3
When Michael is attending Ole Miss, he gets into a violent fight with his friend, Antonio. First, explain what prompted the fight between these two friends. Then, describe the after effects of this fight on Michael's life and his career in the football world.
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)