|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Michael's tutor from Ole Miss charge him to help keep his grades up?
2. How many sons does Dee Dee have in a six year stretch?
3. How does Michael describe his first foster mother?
4. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Dee Dee?
5. Which of the following people typically reviews plays with Michael before a big game?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did left tackle Chris Doleman get into the head of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana?
2. What was life like for Michael when he was living in a foster home?
3. When Michael is taken to a psychological examiner to be evaluated, what does the doctor decide?
4. Who is Joyce Thomson, and why does she show up on the Tuohy's doorstep?
5. What was Michael's sentence after injuring the young boy in his fight with Antonio?
6. What does Michael wonder about while he is being interviewed by Joyce Thomspson?
7. What lengths do college coaches go to in the hopes of wooing Michael Oher to their schools?
8. How do the college coaches react when Michael makes his final selection as to which college he will attend?
9. What would Dee Dee do at the first of every month, like clockwork?
10. How did Dee Dee meet Michael's father, Michael Williams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dee Dee, Michael's mother had a rough childhood herself. First, describe at least two major events of Dee Dee's childhood that shaped her personality and outlook on the world. Then, explain how Dee Dee's drug addiction affected the lives her own children.
Essay Topic 2
Joe Lemming was instrumental in getting Michael involved in the college football league. First, explain what role Joe Lemming plays in the football world. Then, explain how he helped propel Michael into football super-stardom, citing at least two examples of their meetings.
Essay Topic 3
The title of this biography is "The Blind Side." First, explain what a blindside is in football terms. Then, explain whether or not you think this is an appropriate title for the biography. Use at least two scenes from the biography to support your argument.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)