|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael describe his first foster mother?
2. What is the name of Michael's tutor from Ole Miss?
3. Which of the following people starts a foundation for poor black children who show athletic promise but need help academically?
4. What is the name of Michael's friend whom he regularly visits colleges with?
5. What part about the Tuohy's is the NCAA investigator trying to learn more about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Egg Bowl?
2. How does Coach DeLeone feel about Michael when he first arrives at Ole Miss?
3. What clause was put into Will Wolford's contract when he was playing for the Indianapolis Colts?
4. When Michael is taken to a psychological examiner to be evaluated, what does the doctor decide?
5. Who is Joyce Thomson, and why does she show up on the Tuohy's doorstep?
6. What does Michael wonder about while he is being interviewed by Joyce Thomspson?
7. How does Michael perform during his first Egg Bowl?
8. How did left tackle Chris Doleman get into the head of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana?
9. How did Michael feel about his family and friends coming to him asking for money after he started playing football?
10. How did Dee Dee meet Michael's father, Michael Williams?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Joe Lemming was instrumental in getting Michael involved in the college football league. First, explain what role Joe Lemming plays in the football world. Then, explain how he helped propel Michael into football super-stardom, citing at least two examples of their meetings.
Essay Topic 2
When Michael chose to attend Ole Miss University, there was an uproar from the NCAA. First, explain why the other universities associated with the NCAA were disgruntled about Michael's college selection. Then, explain why an investigator from the NCAA showed up at the Tuohy's door and what she wanted to know.
Essay Topic 3
All throughout his life, people wondered if Michael Oher had a learning disability. First, explain the various tests Michael undertook to figure out his learning style. Then, explain what the tests showed about Michael's cognitive skills and what Michael learned about his own intelligence.
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)