|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Michael when he meets Big Tony for the first time?
2. Which of the following athletes did Michael admire most when he was a child?
3. Which of Dee Dee's family members was murdered in his bed?
4. How long is Michael interviewed by the NCAA investigator?
5. After he is taken away from his mother's home, which of the following is NOT a place where Michael stayed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Dee Dee in her childhood that affected her into adulthood?
2. What problem arises when Leigh Anne tries to locate one of Michael's baby photos for the high school yearbook?
3. What does Michael learn about Ole Miss' history and their treatment of African-American students?
4. How does Michael perform during his first Egg Bowl?
5. How did left tackle Chris Doleman get into the head of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana?
6. Who is Joyce Thomson, and why does she show up on the Tuohy's doorstep?
7. What clause was put into Will Wolford's contract when he was playing for the Indianapolis Colts?
8. How do the college coaches react when Michael makes his final selection as to which college he will attend?
9. What does Michael remember most about the day when Child Services came to take him and his siblings away?
10. How does Leigh Anne Tuohy feel about the aggressive coaches who come to visit Michael in her home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Michael graduated from high school, it was a moment of extreme pride for him. First, create a list of all the people who came out to support Michael during the ceremony. Then, explain why Dee Dee was not in attendance. Finally, explain how Leigh Anne maneuvered around the problem of finding a baby photo for Michael's graduation year book.
Essay Topic 2
When Michael was playing for Briarcrest, scouts from all over the country came to see him play. First, create a list of at least five schools that came scouting for Michael. Then, explain some of the various tactics they used hoping to lure Michael to their schools.
Essay Topic 3
Because Michael had no formal training before he started playing football for Briarcrest, he struggled to learn the plays. First, explain why Michael could not understand the plays. Then, explain how the coaches at Briarcrest helped guide Michael through the plays so he would eventually become a star.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)