|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following objects is Lemming famous for?
2. At which school is Coach Freeze offered a coaching position?
3. Which of the following terms is used to describe the quarterbacks Lewis coached during his career?
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe Lawrence Taylor?
5. How tall is Michael?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Michael meets with Tom Lemming for the second time, after he has moved in with the Tuohy family?
2. What sports is Michael allowed to play at Briarcrest when he is first enrolled?
3. Why does Lemming believe Michael will receive extra attention from scouting NFL teams?
4. How does Lewis claim the game of football has changed over the past 40 years?
5. Why is Lemming so well respected in the high school football circuit?
6. How does Michael learn the new plays Coach Freeze comes up with during the game?
7. How does the biography open, and what is the significance of this opening?
8. Where has Michael learned all the football skills he exhibits on the field?
9. How did the world find out about Taylor's debilitating claustrophobia?
10. What realization does Jennifer Graves make about Michael's learning during his first week in her classroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Michael was very involved in the scouting process and came to the schools with his own demands he wanted met. First, describe each of the three schools Michael narrowed down as being his top favorites. Then, explain what Michael demanded from each school if he was going to attend and play football for them.
Essay Topic 2
When Michael enters the football world, he becomes an almost instant celebrity. First, explain why Michael was so desirable to the football world. Then, explain how celebrity affected Michael and his relationships. Finally, explain how some advice from Coach O helped Michael understand his place within society and as a role model.
Essay Topic 3
Because Michael had no formal training before he started playing football for Briarcrest, he struggled to learn the plays. First, explain why Michael could not understand the plays. Then, explain how the coaches at Briarcrest helped guide Michael through the plays so he would eventually become a star.
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)