|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following coaches does Coach Freeze model his strategies after?
(a) Coach Long.
(b) Phil Fulmer.
(c) Bill Parcells.
(d) Nick Saban.
2. What team does Lawrence Taylor play for?
(a) The Giants.
(b) The Buckeyes.
(c) The Redskins.
(d) The Cowboys.
3. How long does Michael receive outside support in dealing with his sudden success before he is thrust onto the football field?
(a) Eight months.
(b) Twelve months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Six months.
4. During a football game in his first season, what part of Michael's body is seriously injured?
(a) His foot.
(b) His neck.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His hand.
5. Which of the following facts is true about Michael's father?
(a) He is homeless.
(b) He is in prison.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is in rehab.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Michael respond to the tackle who is teasing him during the game?
2. At the championship game, why does Coach Freeze decide to call for a new play, that none of the players have previously practiced?
3. Which of the following schools did both Sean and Leigh Anne Tuohy attend?
4. How long is the history of the game of football given by Michael Lewis?
5. What part of Theismann's body did Taylor break in a tackle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lemming first hear about Michael Oher?
2. Who is Sean Tuohy, and how did he impact Michael's education at Briarcrest?
3. What is Briarcrest?
4. Why does Lemming believe Michael will receive extra attention from scouting NFL teams?
5. What play does Coach Freeze invent in which Michael is the star player?
6. What realization does Jennifer Graves make about Michael's learning during his first week in her classroom?
7. What happens when Michael is put in as a defensive tackle on his first game?
8. How did Michael react when an opposing player began teasing him on the football field?
9. How does the biography open, and what is the significance of this opening?
10. How does Lewis claim the game of football has changed over the past 40 years?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)