|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much is the Touhy family estate worth?
(a) Ten million dollars.
(b) One billion dollars.
(c) Forty million dollars.
(d) One hundred million dollars.
2. What information about Michael did Lemming collect prior to their meeting?
(a) His stats and scores for the past five seasons.
(b) His height, weight, and birthdate.
(c) His family bank account information.
(d) He could not find any information about Oher.
3. Which of the following best describes Michael's athletic ability?
(a) He memorizes old plays from textbooks.
(b) He is a natural talent.
(c) He has had years of pracice.
(d) He's not very talented.
4. What does Lewis claim is at the center of professional football today?
5. What did Michael refuse to do during his meeting with Lemming?
(a) Sign any papers.
(b) Catch a football.
(c) Shake Lemming's hand.
(d) Talk about his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Michael's teacher at Briarcrest?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Michael is offered by a football scout hoping to woo him?
3. What does Michael Lewis claim is happening to the role of offensive linemen in American football?
4. In which city does Michael Oher live?
5. Which of the following facts is true about Michael's mother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has Michael learned all the football skills he exhibits on the field?
2. How does Lemming first hear about Michael Oher?
3. What happens when Coach Freeze calls for a new play during the State Championship game?
4. What happens when Michael is put in as a defensive tackle on his first game?
5. How did coach Bill Parcells help to make Lawrence Taylor a success on the field?
6. How does Michael learn the new plays Coach Freeze comes up with during the game?
7. How does Lewis claim the game of football has changed over the past 40 years?
8. What realization does Jennifer Graves make about Michael's learning during his first week in her classroom?
9. How does Lemming determine the All American Football team each year?
10. What does Coach Freeze value when he is planning new football plays for his team?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)