|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Lewis claim the blindside of the quarterback is?
(a) On his right side.
(b) On his left side.
(c) Directly behind him.
(d) Straight in front of him.
2. When analyzing Michael's performance on the field, what is the one thing Coach Freeze believes he is lacking?
3. What position does Theismann play for his team?
(b) Tight End.
4. How does Michael respond when Coach Freeze calls for a play he has never practiced?
(a) He reacts perfectly, completing the play.
(b) He does not understand the play, and fails miserably.
(c) He is too stunned to move on the field and tackles no one.
(d) He fumbles through the play, but manages to make his tackles.
5. Whose idea is it to enroll Michael in a home study program to help with his grades?
(a) John Harrington's.
(b) Steve Simpson's.
(c) Hugh Freeze's.
(d) Big Tony's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Lawrence Taylor play for his team?
2. How many players are selected to play on the U.S. Army All American Team each year?
3. What year was the famous tackle between Theismann and Taylor, in which Theismann received a broken bone?
4. What nickname does Big Tony give Michael?
5. What is the name of the school with the defensive end who teases Michael mercilessly during a game?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the national response to Michael Oher within the football world?
2. How did coach Bill Parcells help to make Lawrence Taylor a success on the field?
3. What physical attributes are most coveted in a left tackle?
4. What offensive theory did NFL coach Bill Walsh develop in the 1970's?
5. How does Lemming first hear about Michael Oher?
6. Why do the Briarcrest coaches decide to weigh Michael, and what do they find?
7. How does Lemming determine the All American Football team each year?
8. What do the coaches realize about Michael when they take him to the hospital?
9. Where has Michael learned all the football skills he exhibits on the field?
10. How did Michael react when an opposing player began teasing him on the football field?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)