|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While studying with Miss Sue, what kinds of grades does Michael receive?
(a) Straight As.
(b) As and Bs.
(c) Cs and Ds.
(d) Bs and Cs.
2. On the day that the children are taken away from Dee Dee's home, what does Michael remember hearing?
(a) A deafening silence.
(b) Dee Dee screaming.
(c) The babies crying.
(d) Windows being smashed.
3. Who coaches the team where Steve Wallace plays?
(a) Peter Parcy.
(b) Bill Walsh.
(c) Michael Tigelar.
(d) Alan Merit.
4. When Michael is living with his mother, how many children does she have under the age of 15?
5. Which of the following people also attend Ole Miss and frequently come to cheer Michael on at his games?
(a) Justin Sparks.
(b) John Harrington.
(c) Sean Tuohy Junior.
(d) Collins Tuohy.
6. After he is taken out of his mother's home, how long does Michael refuse to go to school?
(a) For 6 months.
(b) For 24 months.
(c) For 12 months.
(d) For 18 months.
7. When coaches come to visit with Michael, what word do they frequently use to describe him during their meetings?
8. How does Michael feel about the difficulty of the plays at Ole Miss compared to the plays at Briarcrest?
(a) The plays at both schools are equally simple.
(b) The plays at both schools are equally difficult.
(c) The plays at Ole Miss are much more difficult.
(d) The plays at Briarcreset were much more difficult.
9. How old is Michael when he meets Big Tony for the first time?
10. What part about the Tuohy's is the NCAA investigator trying to learn more about?
(a) The way they earned their money.
(b) The way they parent their children.
(c) Their relationship with Michael.
(d) Their ties to Ole Miss.
11. When Michael runs away from his foster home, what is the name of the housing project where is mother is living?
(a) Misery Lane.
(b) Blood Town.
(c) Hurt Village.
(d) Pain Center.
12. When Michael is psychologically evaluated, at what age does the doctor claim Michael's rate of knowledge is?
(a) An eighteen-year-old.
(b) A seven-year-old.
(c) A thirteen-year-old.
(d) A ten-year-old.
13. Which of the following people starts a foundation for poor black children who show athletic promise but need help academically?
(a) Michael Oher.
(b) Coach Freeze.
(c) Leigh Anne Tuohy.
(d) Big Tony.
14. During what year will Michael start as a freshman at the college of his choice?
15. Where does Robert meet Michael Oher's father, Michael Williams?
(a) In church.
(b) On death row.
(c) In high school
(d) At the liquor store.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Leigh Anne steal to use in Michael's high school year book?
2. When Michael makes his final decision about which school he will attend, whom do the other coaches complain about to the NCAA?
3. How does Michael describe his first foster mother?
4. Why does Michael think all the rich white people are interested in his life?
5. Why is the NCAA investigator finally asked to leave the Tuohy home?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)