|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Michael is running away from the game, during which he had been teased, which of the following is NOT true?
(a) It takes an entire team of footballers to slow Michael down.
(b) He barrels through the opposing team's bench.
(c) No one understands why he is running away from the victory.
(d) He runs past the sidelines, toward a chain linked fence.
2. How did Sean Tuohy hear about Michael?
(a) From the principal of Briarcrest school.
(b) From the late night news broadcast.
(c) From a newspaper article.
(d) From his daughter.
3. Whose idea is it to enroll Michael in a home study program to help with his grades?
(a) Big Tony's.
(b) Steve Simpson's.
(c) John Harrington's.
(d) Hugh Freeze's.
4. How much does Michael weigh?
(a) 244 pounds.
(b) 387 pounds.
(c) 344 pounds.
(d) 287 pounds.
5. How long does Michael receive outside support in dealing with his sudden success before he is thrust onto the football field?
(a) Six months.
(b) Eight months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Twelve months.
6. What football team does Joe Theismann play for?
(a) The Giants.
(b) The Cowboys.
(c) The Redskins.
(d) The Buckeyes.
7. Which of the following objects is Lemming famous for?
(a) A painting.
(b) A book.
(c) A song.
(d) A play.
8. What does Michael Lewis claim is happening to the role of offensive linemen in American football?
(a) Their role is becoming more important than ever.
(b) Their role is becoming obselete.
(c) Their role is exactly the same as its always been.
(d) Their role is changing.
9. What does Lewis claim is at the center of professional football today?
10. Which of the following disorders does Taylor suffer from?
11. Which team wins the championship game at the end Michael's first football season?
12. Which of the following people does Michael move in with, providing the first stable home he's ever had?
(a) Coach Freeze.
(b) Tom Lemming.
(c) Sean Tuohy.
(d) Steve Simpson.
13. What did Michael refuse to do during his meeting with Lemming?
(a) Sign any papers.
(b) Shake Lemming's hand.
(c) Talk about his family.
(d) Catch a football.
14. How does Michael respond when Coach Freeze calls for a play he has never practiced?
(a) He does not understand the play, and fails miserably.
(b) He reacts perfectly, completing the play.
(c) He fumbles through the play, but manages to make his tackles.
(d) He is too stunned to move on the field and tackles no one.
15. How long does Michael spend with a tutor each day?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 7 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a physical attribute Lemming notes in Michael?
2. When analyzing Michael's performance on the field, what is the one thing Coach Freeze believes he is lacking?
3. How many football players does Lemming select annually for the final "All American" team?
4. What is the name of Michael's teacher at Briarcrest?
5. Which of the following terms is used to describe Walsh's theory of offense in football?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)