|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of chapter 10, the woman imagines the man traveling by what mode of transportation?
2. In chapter 13, Iris recounts the start of what war?
(a) The French Canadian War.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The Spanish Civil War.
3. What does Iris call 'The Blind Assassin'?
(a) An inspired book.
(b) A collaborative book.
(c) A right-handed book.
(d) A left-handed book.
4. Why do the men like the Peach Women so much?
(a) They feel like the women truly understand them.
(b) They fulfill all of their desires.
(c) They love how genuine they are.
(d) They think they are beautiful.
5. Whose presence at Norval Chase's funeral upsets Reenie?
(a) Alex Thomas.
(b) Callie Fitzsimmons.
(c) Winifred Griffen Prior.
(d) Richard Griffen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Laura claim that Winifred thinks is ludicrous?
2. Why does the family go to Avilion?
3. What is the name of the institution to which one of the characters is confined?
4. About what do the man and woman argue?
5. Where do the man and woman go after the woman meets the man at the train station?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the woman respond to the suggestion that she leave her husband before the man goes overseas?
2. In chapter 10, the woman imagines the man in a variety of situations. Describe one of these situations.
3. According to chapter 13, what pact had Laura made with God?
4. In chapter 13 what is the state of Iris and Richard's marriage?
5. According to clues in chapter 10, who do you think is the woman's equivalent in Iris's memoir and why?
6. In chapter 10, the woman goes and buys a copy of the man's story about the Lizard Men of Xenor. How does the printed story differ from the story the man has told the woman?
7. What message does Laura leave for Iris in her school notebooks?
8. According to chapter 10, what is the political climate in Spain?
9. How does the man and woman's story about the blind assassin and the tongueless girl end?
10. At the end of the chapter, Iris hears something outside her window. What does she think it is and what is it really?
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)