|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Iris's daughter?
(a) Aimee Adelia Griffen.
(b) Adelia Iris Griffen.
(c) Adelia Laura Griffen.
(d) Amanda Winifred Griffen.
2. Where does the woman read the man's story?
(a) On a train.
(b) Locked in the bathroom.
(c) In the back of a taxi.
(d) Locked in the bedroom.
3. In chapter 13, Iris recounts the start of what war?
(a) The Spanish Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) The French Canadian War.
4. The man tells the woman a story about the Peach Women of what planet?
5. Where does Iris find Laura's schoolbooks?
(a) The kitchen drawer.
(b) Her stocking drawer.
(c) Her closet.
(d) Underneath the family Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the establishment where Laura and Iris meet after being apart for years?
2. Who hosts the reception for Iris's new baby?
3. What is wrong with the elder Iris?
4. A newspaper article details the maiden voyage of what ship?
5. The man tells the woman a story about the lizard men from what planet?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter 10, the woman imagines the man in a variety of situations. Describe one of these situations.
2. In chapter 11, how does Laura send Iris a message and what does this message look like.
3. According to chapter 10, what is the political climate in Spain?
4. How does Aimee respond to Iris's decision?
5. In chapter 13, what revelation of Iris's sends Laura over the edge?
6. Why do you think Iris has 'The Blind Assassin' published?
7. How does the man and woman's story about the blind assassin and the tongueless girl end?
8. In chapter 9, how does Laura behave towards Richard?
9. According to the article at the beginning of chapter 12, what are Richard's views about Germany?
10. In chapter 12, what is the significance of the yellow curtains?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)