|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man say all stories are about in some way?
2. In chapter 12, what faux pas does Richard have to atone for?
(a) Having mistresses.
(b) Divorcing Iris.
(c) Being too friendly with the Germans.
(d) Being new money.
3. In the article at the beginning of chapter 12, what does Richard claim is in the West's best interests?
(a) A strong, healthy France.
(b) A strong, healthy Spain.
(c) A strong, healthy Czechoslovakia.
(d) A strong, healthy Germany.
4. In chapter 14, Iris says Laura writes like what?
(a) A saint.
(b) An angel.
(c) A child.
(d) A martyr.
5. Who is the inspiration for the man in the sub novel?
(a) Alex Thomas.
(b) Richard Griffen.
(c) Norval Chase.
(d) Elwood Murray.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the subjects of the story the man tells the woman he has sold?
2. Why do the men in the end decided that they are unhappy with the Peach Women?
3. Where does the woman read the man's story?
4. What does Iris say she finds most memorable about her time on the ship save for her interactions with her sister?
5. In the article at the beginning of chapter 12, Richard lauds the British prime minister for doing what?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does the woman dream at the end of chapter 12?
2. In chapter 11, how does Laura send Iris a message and what does this message look like.
3. According to chapter 13, what pact had Laura made with God?
4. What is the woman's attitude while aboard the cruise ship?
5. How does the woman respond to the suggestion that she leave her husband before the man goes overseas?
6. In chapter 13, why does Walter come over to Iris's house?
7. According to the article at the beginning of chapter 12, what are Richard's views about Germany?
8. What message does Laura leave for Iris in her school notebooks?
9. What are Winifred's feelings toward Iris's pregnancy?
10. What does Laura say in chapter 11 that upsets Winifred?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)