|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the true author of 'The Blind Assassin' sub novel?
(a) Winifred Griffen Prior.
(b) Laura Chase.
(c) Iris Chase Griffen.
(d) Aimee Griffen.
2. What is the name of Iris's daughter?
(a) Aimee Adelia Griffen.
(b) Amanda Winifred Griffen.
(c) Adelia Iris Griffen.
(d) Adelia Laura Griffen.
3. What does Iris call 'The Blind Assassin'?
(a) An inspired book.
(b) A left-handed book.
(c) A collaborative book.
(d) A right-handed book.
4. To what animal does Iris compare Walter?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A pig.
(c) A giraffe.
(d) An elephant.
5. To what does the woman compare her sadness over the man's departure?
(a) Being numb.
(b) Being ripped apart.
(c) Being ill.
(d) Being buried.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 12, what faux pas does Richard have to atone for?
2. What color is Aimee's hair?
3. Richard receives a letter concerning the psychiatric treatment of which character?
4. What is the name of Laura's first school?
5. In chapter 9, the girls visit Reenie at what establishment where she works?
Short Essay Questions
1. About what does the woman dream at the end of chapter 12?
2. How does Aimee respond to Iris's decision?
3. What are Winifred's feelings toward Iris's pregnancy?
4. In chapter 10, the woman imagines the man in a variety of situations. Describe one of these situations.
5. What message does Laura leave for Iris in her school notebooks?
6. How does Iris choose to respond to the message left by her sister?
7. According to the article at the beginning of chapter 12, what are Richard's views about Germany?
8. According to chapter 10, what is the political climate in Spain?
9. In chapter 9, how does Laura behave towards Richard?
10. On one of the articles, Richard warns his fellow Canadians about politics overseas. What does he warn them about?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)