|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Laura rumored to be?
(a) The attic of Avilion.
(b) With Alex Thomas in the park.
(c) Sunnyside Beach Amusement Park.
(d) A summer residence in Muskoka.
2. In what country is the novel set?
3. What is the name of the Chase family's house?
(b) Sweet Home.
4. What name do others use to refer to the group who intends to invade Sakiel-Norn?
(a) People of Despair.
(b) People of Joy.
(c) People of Bliss.
(d) People of Desolation.
5. What is the name of the restaurant where Iris had previously spied on Sabrina and a group of her friends?
(b) The Fire Pit.
(c) The Fiery Furnace.
(d) The Flame Grill.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the man's story, how is the value of carpet determined?
2. What is the name of the leader of the group who intend to invade Sakiel-Norn?
3. Which character was said to "always be there" for the Chase sisters?
4. Where is Richard's body discovered?
5. About what does the elderly Iris dream at the end of chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is chapter 2 structured?
2. In chapter 5, how do the two sisters feel toward their governess, Miss Violence?
3. In chapter 4, how does the woman feel about the man's story?
4. How does Laura respond to living with Richard and Iris?
5. Why is it awkward between Liliana and Norval Chase when he returns from the war?
6. Why does Iris marry Richard Griffen?
7. In chapter 1, Iris says "some people can't tell where it hurts. They can't calm down. They can't ever stop howling." Who do you think is/are the "they" she had in mind?
8. How do Winifred and Richard treat the Chase sisters?
9. In chapter 5, Laura does something that scares and angers Iris because she thinks it will save her dead mother. What does Laura do?
10. Describe the relationship between the man and the woman in 'The Blind Assassin' sub novel in chapter 2.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)