|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Iris's daughter?
(a) Amanda Winifred Griffen.
(b) Adelia Laura Griffen.
(c) Adelia Iris Griffen.
(d) Aimee Adelia Griffen.
2. According to Laura, what individual does Richard claim told him of Alex Thomas's whereabouts?
(a) Callie Fitzsimmons.
(b) Elwood Murray.
(c) Reenie Hincks.
(d) Winifred Griffen Prior.
3. Whom does Iris go to visit to verify Laura's story about Richard and Alex?
(a) Reenie Hincks.
(b) Myra Hincks.
(c) Winifred Griffen Prior.
(d) Callie Fitzsimmons.
4. About what do the man and woman argue?
5. What does Iris say she finds most memorable about her time on the ship save for her interactions with her sister?
(a) How everyone took souvenirs with the ship's name.
(b) How lavish the parties were.
(c) How beautiful the women's outfits were.
(d) How cruel Richard was to her.
6. What happens when the men try to leave Aa'A?
(a) They hide out in an Earthbound spaceship.
(b) They are killed.
(c) They realize that they are enclosed in a big plastic bubble.
(d) They commandeer a spaceship which they steer to Earth while avoiding the pursuing Peach Women.
7. According to the quote attributed to Laura on the bathroom stall of the doughnut shop, where is heaven?
8. How does the woman's dream begin?
(a) She receives a telegram.
(b) She walks onto the top of a roof.
(c) She sees a man out on the sidewalk.
(d) She is the tongueless virgin and X has just come in to kill her.
9. At the end of chapter 10, the woman imagines the man traveling by what mode of transportation?
10. In the article at the beginning of chapter 12, Richard lauds the British prime minister for doing what?
(a) Barcelona Agreement.
(b) Treaty of Versailles.
(c) Munich Accord.
(d) Armistice Agreement.
11. In the article at the beginning of chapter 12, what does Richard claim is in the West's best interests?
(a) A strong, healthy Spain.
(b) A strong, healthy Germany.
(c) A strong, healthy Czechoslovakia.
(d) A strong, healthy France.
12. How does Richard react when Laura tells him sending her to school is a waste of time?
(a) He disagrees and makes her stay at that school.
(b) He disagrees and decides he will tutor her himself.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He disagrees and transfers her to another school.
13. The man tells the woman a story about the lizard men from what planet?
14. What does the woman say is her salvation?
(a) Imagining the man imagining her.
(b) Reliving her time spent with the man.
(c) Her baby.
(d) Imaging the man fighting valiantly.
15. In chapter 9, the girls visit Reenie at what establishment where she works?
(a) Lucy's Diner.
(b) Diana Sweets.
(c) The Gingerbread House.
(d) Betty's Luncheonette.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the reason Winifred and Richard give for why they commit Laura?
2. Between which two factions is the conflict in Barcelona according to the May 26, 1937 article contained in chapter 10?
3. What does the woman say surrounds the man?
4. Richard receives a letter concerning the psychiatric treatment of which character?
5. The woman receives a telegram informing her of what?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)