|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Richard receives a letter concerning the psychiatric treatment of which character?
(a) Laura Chase.
(b) Winifred Griffen Prior.
(c) Iris Chase Griffen.
(d) Reenie Hincks.
2. Between which two factions is the conflict in Barcelona according to the May 26, 1937 article contained in chapter 10?
(a) Democrats and Republicans.
(b) Communists and Anarchists.
(c) Nationalists and Communists.
(d) Anarchists and Nationalists.
3. What does Laura claim that Winifred thinks is ludicrous?
(a) That Iris is not really pregnant.
(b) That Richard is molesting her.
(c) That she is pregnant.
(d) That Winifred is trying to kill Iris.
4. Who does Aimee think are her real parents?
(a) Iris and the man from 'The Blind Assassin'.
(b) Richard and Laura.
(c) Laura and the man from 'The Blind Assassin'.
(d) Richard and Winifred.
5. Who hosts the reception for Iris's new baby?
6. Why do the men like the Peach Women so much?
(a) They feel like the women truly understand them.
(b) They think they are beautiful.
(c) They fulfill all of their desires.
(d) They love how genuine they are.
7. To what does the woman compare her sadness over the man's departure?
(a) Being ill.
(b) Being buried.
(c) Being numb.
(d) Being ripped apart.
8. Where do the man and woman go after the woman meets the man at the train station?
(a) A hotel.
(b) A room he has rented in advance.
(c) A room of a friend.
(d) A diner.
9. In the passage in Laura's Latin notebook, what was the character Iris's role?
(a) Saving Dido.
(b) Holding Dido to her body.
(c) Releasing Dido from her body.
(d) Killing Dido.
10. What do the woman and the man do after the woman meets him when he briefly returns from the war?
(a) They sleep together.
(b) The woman watches him while the man sleeps.
(c) The man regales the woman with details of his time overseas.
(d) They start another story.
11. Who is the inspiration for the woman in the sub novel?
(a) Winifred Griffen Prior.
(b) Callista Fitzsimmons.
(c) Laura Griffen.
(d) Iris Chase Griffen.
12. Who is the true author of 'The Blind Assassin' sub novel?
(a) Winifred Griffen Prior.
(b) Iris Chase Griffen.
(c) Aimee Griffen.
(d) Laura Chase.
13. A newspaper article details the maiden voyage of what ship?
(a) The Titanic.
(b) The Queen Mary.
(c) The Olympic.
(d) The Queen Elizabeth.
14. At the end of chapter 10, the woman imagines the man traveling by what mode of transportation?
15. What does the woman say surrounds the man?
(a) A halo.
(b) Waves of light.
(c) Shimmering light.
(d) Blinding light.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Laura, why was she sent to the mental institution?
2. What does the woman dream about?
3. How does Winifred react when Laura tells her that love, not marriage, is important?
4. In the article at the beginning of chapter 12, what does Richard claim is in the West's best interests?
5. What is the reason Winifred and Richard give for why they commit Laura?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)