|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item of Laura's does Iris find in her stocking drawer?
(a) A note from Laura addressed to her.
(b) Laura's school notebooks.
(c) A handkerchief that belonged to their mother.
(d) A note from Laura addressed to Richard.
2. One of the newspaper articles in chapter 4 reports a labor strike. Where did this strike occur?
(a) In front of The Weary Soldier.
(b) The Port Ticonderoga town square.
(c) Royal Classic Knitwear.
(d) Chase Industries.
3. Why do the man's next-door neighbors at the junction bother him?
(a) They take his mail.
(b) They make love loudly when he is trying to work.
(c) They cook smelly food.
(d) They don't take proper care of their baby.
4. What is the name of the city in which the man's story takes place?
5. How did Winifred Griffen Prior die?
(a) A fatal fall.
6. What does Iris see hanging from the tree outside her former home?
(a) Toilet paper.
(c) A man's legs.
(d) A cat.
7. In chapter 7, to whom does Iris want to will Laura's things?
(b) A university.
(c) The library.
8. What name do the group of people who want to invade Sakiel-Norn call themselves?
(a) People of Bliss.
(b) People of Joy.
(c) People of Desolation.
(d) People of Despair.
9. Who drives Iris to Montreal to see the lawyer?
10. In chapter 7, where was Laura during the time she was missing?
(a) Reenie's house.
(b) Sunnyside Amusement Park.
(c) Family friends in Muskoka.
11. At the lover's first picnic, what are they eating?
(a) Turkey sandwiches.
(b) Potato Salad.
(c) Hard-boiled eggs.
12. What does X do to the tongueless virgin?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Save her.
(c) Rape and kill her.
(d) Rape her.
13. Which character was said to "always be there" for the Chase sisters?
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their father.
14. Who do the authorities conclude is responsible for setting fire to the button factory?
(a) Norval Chase.
(b) Alex Thomas.
(c) Elwood Murray.
(d) Richard Griffen.
15. Why are the invaders friendly to strangers?
(a) They want to treat others as they want to be treated.
(b) They might be messengers of the gods.
(c) They believe hospitality to be the supreme virtue.
(d) They can use them to gather helpful insider information.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Richard's body discovered?
2. What was the theme of the charity ball Winifred organized according to the newspaper article?
3. What did Richard keep from Iris on their honeymoon?
4. How does Iris and Laura's mother die?
5. What is the name of the restaurant where Iris had previously spied on Sabrina and a group of her friends?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)