|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Iris's favorite bathroom stall?
(a) The cookie bakery.
(b) The doughnut shop.
(c) The country club.
(d) The coffee shop.
2. Where was Laura rumored to be?
(a) Sunnyside Beach Amusement Park.
(b) A summer residence in Muskoka.
(c) With Alex Thomas in the park.
(d) The attic of Avilion.
3. What word does Richard use to describe the way he feels toward Iris?
4. In the man's story, how is the value of carpet determined?
(a) By how many children have gone blind to make it.
(b) By how much gold thread it contains.
(c) By how many skeins of thread are used to make it.
(d) By how popular the artist is who designed it.
5. What item does the man often ask the woman to bring him?
(b) Copies of his stories.
6. What are the slaves called in the man's story?
7. For what is the Chase family house named?
(a) A city in the Bible.
(b) An island found in Tennyson's writing.
(c) A manor found in Frances Hodgson Burnett's writing.
(d) A castle found in T.H. White's writing.
8. Who do the authorities conclude is responsible for setting fire to the button factory?
(a) Elwood Murray.
(b) Richard Griffen.
(c) Norval Chase.
(d) Alex Thomas.
9. How does X escape?
(a) He feels his way to the assassin's den where the other assassin's assist him.
(b) He swims through the canals to get out of the city walls.
(c) The tongueless virgin serves as a diversion, allowing him to escape.
(d) He dresses up as a girl and sneaks out of the temple.
10. In the story the man is working on in the end of chapter 6, some explorers unearth an alien from what?
(a) A grave.
(b) A block of ice.
(c) A giant crystal.
(d) An ancient temple.
11. What hobby does Laura take up?
12. What does Iris see hanging from the tree outside her former home?
(b) A cat.
(c) A man's legs.
(d) Toilet paper.
13. Why does the king of Sakiel-Norn decide he wants to kill his mistress?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She asks him for a poem.
(c) She asked him to leave his wife for her.
(d) She is also having an affair with one of his nobles.
14. Who hosts a reception for Iris?
(a) Winifred Griffen Prior.
(b) Reenie Hincks.
(c) Laura Chase.
(d) Norval Chase.
15. Why do the people invading Sakiel-Norn want to invade the city?
(a) The gods have given them the city.
(b) They want the temple virgins.
(c) They want to expand their territory to include Sakiel-Norn.
(d) The gods have marked it for sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Richard's body discovered?
2. What is the name of the restaurant where Richard proposes to Iris?
3. How did Winifred Griffen Prior die?
4. Who is the narrator of the novel?
5. The woman says that one thing that the man gives her is the reason that she inevitably returns to him. What does he give her?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)