|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with the elder Iris?
(a) She has cancer.
(b) She has diabetes.
(c) She has a heart condition.
(d) She has emphysema.
2. What does Laura's volunteer organization do?
(a) Clean up parks.
(b) Work at the hospital.
(c) Read to little children.
(d) Work at soup kitchens.
3. What does Laura call Iris's unborn child?
(a) A puppy.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A baby.
(d) A parasite.
4. In chapter 13, Iris recounts the start of what war?
(a) The Spanish Civil War.
(b) World War I.
(c) The French Canadian War.
(d) World War II.
5. What is the name of the girls' second tutor who pushes them to learn the classics and demands a sparse work space?
(a) Miss Goreham.
(b) Mr. Erskine.
(c) Miss Goreman.
(d) Mr. Erstwhile.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Iris run into when she is out shopping soon after marrying Richard?
2. In chapter 5, why does Laura think Iris is dying?
3. A newspaper article details the maiden voyage of what ship?
4. How does Winifred react when Laura tells her that love, not marriage, is important?
5. Why do the men like the Peach Women so much?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)