|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Iris try to go downstairs in chapter 9?
(a) She hears a noise.
(b) To try to find something.
(c) To hide something.
(d) To do laundry.
2. One of the newspaper articles describes the awarding of a prize for a high school student. For whom is this prize named?
(a) Winifred Griffen Prior.
(b) Laura Chase.
(c) Richard Griffen.
(d) Iris Chase Griffen.
3. How does Iris and Laura's mother die?
(a) Catches a mysterious ailment.
(b) An unknown form of cancer, most likely uterine.
(c) Complications of childbirth.
4. What is the name of the girl's caretaker and the family's main servant?
5. In the woman's imagination, the man is sitting next to a woman who is doing what to pass the time?
(c) Talking to herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Laura found after going missing for a week, according to the newspaper article?
2. Who hosts the reception for Iris's new baby?
3. In what year does Laura die?
4. What are the aristocrats called in the man's story?
5. What item does the man often ask the woman to bring him?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)