|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Richard's body discovered?
(a) At the bottom of the river.
(b) His sailboat, the Water Nixie.
(c) His yacht, the Water Lily.
(d) His rowboat, the Water Nymph.
2. One of the newspaper articles describes the awarding of a prize for a high school student. For whom is this prize named?
(a) Winifred Griffen Prior.
(b) Iris Chase Griffen.
(c) Laura Chase.
(d) Richard Griffen.
3. Where do the two lovers meet at the beginning of chapter 4?
(a) A run-down cafe.
(b) A friend of the man's room.
(c) On a street corner.
(d) Under a bridge.
4. What item of Laura's does Iris find in her stocking drawer?
(a) A note from Laura addressed to Richard.
(b) A note from Laura addressed to her.
(c) Laura's school notebooks.
(d) A handkerchief that belonged to their mother.
5. What is the name of the statue commissioned by Norval Chase and the War Memorial Committee?
(a) The Lost Soldier.
(b) The Brave Soldier.
(c) The Unnamed Soldier.
(d) The Weary Soldier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hobby does Laura take up?
2. How does Iris and Laura's mother die?
3. What are the slaves called in the man's story?
4. What name do the group of people who want to invade Sakiel-Norn call themselves?
5. Why are the invaders friendly to strangers?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)