|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country is the novel set?
2. Who is the narrator of the novel?
(a) Richard Griffen.
(b) Iris Chase Griffen.
(c) Reenie Hincks.
(d) Winifred Griffen Prior.
3. In the prologue to the novel within the novel, the main character looks at a picture. What object is depicted on this picture on one side?
(a) A foot.
(b) A hand.
(c) An apple.
(d) A tree.
4. What does the statue on top of the Chase family monument depict?
(a) Two angels embracing.
(b) Two angels, one leaning against the other.
(c) An angel holding a baby.
(d) One angel blowing a trumpet.
5. Why are the invaders friendly to strangers?
(a) They believe hospitality to be the supreme virtue.
(b) They want to treat others as they want to be treated.
(c) They might be messengers of the gods.
(d) They can use them to gather helpful insider information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the primary good manufactured by Chase Industries?
2. In what year is Iris writing her memoir?
3. What is the name of the girl's caretaker and the family's main servant?
4. Where do the two lovers meet at the beginning of chapter 4?
5. Why does Iris dislike the Laura Chase Memorial Prize?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)