|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Laura do that always gets her into trouble?
(a) Interprets everything literally.
(b) Has inappropriate outbursts.
(c) Thinks rules are open to interpretation.
(d) Steals her sister's things.
2. What are the slaves called in the man's story?
3. In the man's story, how are the sacrificial virgins mutilated before their death?
(a) Their ears are cut off so they cannot hear well.
(b) Their eyes are gouged out so that they cannot see.
(c) Their hands are cut off so that they cannot fight back.
(d) Their tongues are cut out so that they cannot speak.
4. In what country is the novel set?
5. What item of Laura's does Iris find in her stocking drawer?
(a) A note from Laura addressed to Richard.
(b) A note from Laura addressed to her.
(c) A handkerchief that belonged to their mother.
(d) Laura's school notebooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Richard's body discovered?
2. How does Aimee Griffen die?
3. What does the statue on top of the Chase family monument depict?
4. Soon after which war did Laura die?
5. What are the aristocrats called in the man's story?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)