|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the novel?
(a) Iris Chase Griffen.
(b) Winifred Griffen Prior.
(c) Reenie Hincks.
(d) Richard Griffen.
2. What is the primary good manufactured by Chase Industries?
3. Soon after which war did Laura die?
(a) Spanish Civil War.
(b) World War II.
(c) World War I.
(d) Vietnam War.
4. What are the aristocrats called in the man's story?
5. In the prologue to the novel within the novel, the main character looks at a picture. What object is depicted on this picture on one side?
(a) A tree.
(b) A foot.
(c) An apple.
(d) A hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character was said to "always be there" for the Chase sisters?
2. In what year does Laura die?
3. In what country is the novel set?
4. What is the name of the Chase family's house?
5. In the man's story, how is the value of carpet determined?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)