|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the girl's caretaker and the family's main servant?
2. For what is the prize for high school students awarded?
(d) Creative Writing.
3. What are the aristocrats called in the man's story?
4. One of the newspaper articles describes the awarding of a prize for a high school student. For whom is this prize named?
(a) Richard Griffen.
(b) Laura Chase.
(c) Winifred Griffen Prior.
(d) Iris Chase Griffen.
5. What is the name of the Chase family's house?
(a) Sweet Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue to the novel within the novel, the main character looks at a picture. What is at the center of this picture?
2. Which character was said to "always be there" for the Chase sisters?
3. Norval Chase is wounded and his brothers are killed in what war?
4. In what year is Iris writing her memoir?
5. In the man's story, how is the value of carpet determined?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)