|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Richard like to leave bruises on Iris?
(a) Her arms.
(b) Her stomach.
(c) Her thighs.
(d) Her face.
2. What is the name of the establishment where Laura and Iris meet after being apart for years?
(a) Diana Sweets.
(b) The Imperial Room.
(c) Betty's Luncheonette.
(d) The Arcadian Court.
3. What item of Laura's does Iris find in her stocking drawer?
(a) A note from Laura addressed to her.
(b) A note from Laura addressed to Richard.
(c) A handkerchief that belonged to their mother.
(d) Laura's school notebooks.
4. Who do the authorities conclude is responsible for setting fire to the button factory?
(a) Elwood Murray.
(b) Richard Griffen.
(c) Alex Thomas.
(d) Norval Chase.
5. What does the woman say surrounds the man?
(a) Shimmering light.
(b) A halo.
(c) Waves of light.
(d) Blinding light.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is the Chase family house named?
2. Norval Chase is wounded and his brothers are killed in what war?
3. According to Laura, what individual does Richard claim told him of Alex Thomas's whereabouts?
4. Who drives Iris to Montreal to see the lawyer?
5. What is the name of the girls' second tutor who pushes them to learn the classics and demands a sparse work space?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)