|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the statue commissioned by Norval Chase and the War Memorial Committee?
(a) The Unnamed Soldier.
(b) The Brave Soldier.
(c) The Lost Soldier.
(d) The Weary Soldier.
2. In the prologue to the novel within the novel, the main character looks at a picture. What is at the center of this picture?
(a) A young girl.
(b) A young boy.
(c) Two young girls.
(d) A couple.
3. What is the name of the girl's caretaker and the family's main servant?
4. In chapter 5, why does Laura think Iris is dying?
(a) Iris becomes pregnant and is vomiting a lot.
(b) She sees blood on the sheets when Iris gets her period.
(c) Iris is coughing a lot.
(d) Iris looks weak and pale, like their mother before she died.
5. Why does the king of Sakiel-Norn decide he wants to kill his mistress?
(a) She is also having an affair with one of his nobles.
(b) She asked him to leave his wife for her.
(c) She asks him for a poem.
(d) She is pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man Laura meets at the picnic and invites to Avilion for dinner?
2. What item of Laura's does Iris find in her stocking drawer?
3. One of the newspaper articles describes the awarding of a prize for a high school student. For whom is this prize named?
4. What does the woman claim is bloody?
5. For what is the prize for high school students awarded?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)