• Laura Chase dies after driving off a bridge.
• Her sister, Iris who is shaken, but unsurprised, must go to the police station to identify the body.
• While looking for a change of clothes appropriate for a grieving sister, Iris finds Laura's old school exercise books in her stocking drawer.
• Iris knows that her sister's death was a suicide, but despite witnesses who claim they saw Laura deliberately turn the wheel into the barrier, the death is ruled accidental and attributed to faulty streetcar tracks.
• The sub novel begins with the female protagonist taking a photo out of a book where she has hidden it.
• This photo depicts herself and a man at a picnic, smiling at the camera. The man is holding his hand out in front of his face and there is a hand off the side that has been severed with scissors.
• The narrator says...
This section contains 2,361 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)