|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Niese's body found?
2. What does Bosch do with the tape in the recorder?
3. As he continues to think about the pieces of the case, what realization does Bosch come to when he remembers that the lease on Meadows's apartment is up the next week?
4. After finding the documents in the FBI jacket, what does Bosch say to Rourke during their phone call?
5. After hearing the background information on Binh, what does Wish guess?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Bosch remembers that Meadows's lease on his apartment is over soon, what two things does Bosch realize?
2. After Wish checks in with Rourke after Rourke has unveiled his plan, what does Wish report to Bosch?
3. After Bosch hits one of the gunmen in the chest, what do he and Wish do?
4. What happens when Bosch visits Hector Villabona at the INS?
5. Describe the scene when the vault door opens.
6. What occurs during the conversation between Bosch and Irving which Bosch is in the hospital?
7. Describe the documents that Bosch discovers in the FBI jacket.
8. Explain what Rourke says to Bosch about why Meadows died.
9. What information do Bosch and Wish find out about Binh from Bob Ernst?
10. What is the reason that Wish gives Bosch for disagreeing that someone on the inside is involved?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are some points in the novel where dramatic irony is used. Summarize at least two of these instances and explain whether or not you think the dramatic irony is effective in revealing the plot.
Essay Topic 2
There are several points in the novel that could be considered the climax. At which point do you think is the climax? Use examples to support your conclusion.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Bosch and Wish. In your opinion, did Wish intend to get romantically involved with Bosch? Was that part of her plan all along? How did you feel at the end when Bosch helped her out by not turning her in? Did you like the fact that he has her print hanging in his home? In your opinion, did the romance make him less of a hero?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)