|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bosch and Wish discover that they have two days to figure out what piece of information?
2. As Bosch is in the hospital, what are the conditions of Lewis and Clarke?
3. Of the boxholders that Bosch examines, how many have Vietnamese names?
4. What kind of uniforms is the SWAT team going to wear, according to Rourke's directions?
5. When Rourke pushes Bosch down, what does Rourke tell him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information do Bosch and Wish find out about Binh from Bob Ernst?
2. Describe the scene when the vault door opens.
3. Describe the scene at the Malibu pier.
4. Bosch and Wish know that they cannot explain everything that has occurred over the last 15 years, but what do they know they have to do?
5. What is Wish's reaction to what she realizes Bosch has done once they get in the car after questioning Binh?
6. What happens when Bosch visits Hector Villabona at the INS?
7. After they receive the information about Binh, about what with regard to Meadows's and Binh's involvement do they postulate?
8. What is the reason that Wish gives Bosch for disagreeing that someone on the inside is involved?
9. As Bosch observes Lewis and Clarke following him after he leaves the INS office, what does he discover?
10. As Bosch crouches near Sharkey's body, what are some of the thoughts going through his head?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the Vietnam War history add to the characterization of Rourke and Bosch? What occurred during their time in the war that causes them to act in certain ways throughout the novel?
Essay Topic 2
The Black Echo repeatedly uses tension between many different characters to reveal plot and motive for the crimes described. Write an essay that explains why the author would have chosen to use tension in this way. How does the tension add to the crisis points in the novel? In what ways does the author occasionally relieve the tension between the characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Bosch and Wish. In your opinion, did Wish intend to get romantically involved with Bosch? Was that part of her plan all along? How did you feel at the end when Bosch helped her out by not turning her in? Did you like the fact that he has her print hanging in his home? In your opinion, did the romance make him less of a hero?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)