|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Once the interrogation is completely over, where does Sharkey go?
2. When Bosch confronts Wish about the files she has pulled, what does she tell him?
3. After Bosch is done examining the crime scene, where does he go?
4. Before calling into the pipe, what does Sharkey wait for?
5. After getting 343 hits in the moniker file, what does Bosch do in his data search?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Bosch and Wish cannot locate Sharkey, where do they go and what do they discuss?
2. What happens when Sharkey climbs into the Grand Am?
3. At the end of the third day, what is the information that Wish and Bosch glean about Meadows?
4. Describe the dynamic of the relationship between Wish, Bosch and Rourke as Bosch begins his work on the investigation with the FBI.
5. What are the instructions that detective Bosch gives to his partner after they examine the crime scene? What does Bosch intend to do after he leaves the crime scene?
6. Describe the scene outside of the pawn shop when Bosch arrives there.
7. Explain the information Irv Irving finds on Bosch when he reviews Bosch's file and what his reaction to Bosch is.
8. What information does Bosch find out about the witness?
9. Explain Lt. Pounds feelings toward Bosch.
10. Compare what the FBI and the IAD do with regard to Bosch in this section of the novel.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In this essay, summarize the denouement of the novel. Explain how the author pulls together the clues that have been dropped all throughout the novel. If you think there are still some unanswered questions, include that in your essay.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Bosch and Wish. In your opinion, did Wish intend to get romantically involved with Bosch? Was that part of her plan all along? How did you feel at the end when Bosch helped her out by not turning her in? Did you like the fact that he has her print hanging in his home? In your opinion, did the romance make him less of a hero?
Essay Topic 3
The Black Echo repeatedly uses tension between many different characters to reveal plot and motive for the crimes described. Write an essay that explains why the author would have chosen to use tension in this way. How does the tension add to the crisis points in the novel? In what ways does the author occasionally relieve the tension between the characters?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)