|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bosch sees Veronica Niese's name, of what is he reminded?
(a) Sharkey's interview tape has not been transcribed.
(b) He never examined Sharkey's apartment.
(c) Meadows and Sharkey knew one another.
(d) Sharkey and Rourke knew one another.
2. One Bosch gets to the vault, what is the condition of Lewis?
(a) Distraught over the death of Clarke.
(b) Embarrassed over the plan going badly.
(d) Gasping for air.
3. What warning does Bosch give to Binh?
(a) Not to go after Tran.
(b) He had better respect Wish.
(c) Binh's murder is being planned.
(d) He will pay for what he has done.
4. What is the name of the Captain who escaped with Binh.
(a) Nguyen Khanh.
(b) Irvin Irving.
(c) Trinh Khanh.
(d) Nguyen Tran.
5. What is the warning that Bosch receives after he wakes up?
(a) Do not discuss officers killed in the line of duty without supporting evidence.
(b) Someone is trying to kill him.
(c) Break off your relationship with Wish.
(d) Come forward and tell the truth.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what fact does Pounds agree with Rourke?
2. After hearing the background information on Binh, what does Wish guess?
3. When Bosch looks through binoculars, what does he see?
4. Why does Bosch leave the hospital so quickly?
5. After Rourke looks at the schematic that Gearson gives him, what does Rourke announce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bosch visits Hector Villabona at the INS?
2. Describe the conditions of several of the main characters as the scene in the hospital opens.
3. What pieces of the mystery does Wish appear to be solving as Bosch is in the hospital?
4. What occurs during the conversation between Bosch and Irving which Bosch is in the hospital?
5. As Bosch crouches near Sharkey's body, what are some of the thoughts going through his head?
6. What is the plan that Rourke unveils as they have the meeting around Wish and Bosch's car?
7. Describe the scene at the Malibu pier.
8. After they receive the information about Binh, about what with regard to Meadows's and Binh's involvement do they postulate?
9. When Rourke hears Bosch explain that he thinks someone on the inside is involved in Sharkey's death, how does Rourke respond?
10. What is Wish's reaction to what she realizes Bosch has done once they get in the car after questioning Binh?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)