|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the FBI think the criminals are hiding their activities from the DWP inspectors?
(a) The DWP inspectors never go to the area in which they are working, so they don't need to worry about it.
(b) They cover the hole with a large piece of metal sheeting.
(c) They have a guy working for them within the DWP.
(d) They cover their hole with plywood coated with concrete.
2. What percentage of losses are reported on the looted boxes?
3. Where is the young graffiti artist working as the novel opens?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) Near a reservoir.
(c) In a garage.
(d) In a forest.
4. When Bosch and Wish tell Colonel Gordon Scales about the murder of Meadows, what is Scales's response?
(a) He didn't know Meadows.
(b) He was relieved.
(c) He wasn't surprised.
(d) He was surprised and saddened at the news.
5. The Charlie Company outreach program is tended by whom?
(a) Ex convicts.
(b) World War II Veterans.
(c) Volunteer medical professionals.
(d) Vietnam Combat Veterans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bosch tell Sharkey that causes him to provide more details to what happened that night?
2. How does the FBI think the thieves get into the vault?
3. From where does Bosch know William Meadows, the person he has to check the computer for?
4. What does the pawn shop owner show Bosch?
5. What does agent Wish say about the pipes in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. After offering to hypnotize Sharkey, what does Bosch do for him?
2. Explain what the FBI thinks the thieves did once inside the vault.
3. When Bosch guesses that there is more to Sharkey's story, what information does Sharkey provide about the crime?
4. What information does Bosch find out about the witness?
5. Explain the details Bosch discovers surrounding the disappearance of the stolen bracelet and explain where Bosch was when the bracelet disappears.
6. Describe the opening scene of the novel.
7. On the third day of the investigation, what is the summary of the crime that Wish provides?
8. Explain the information Irv Irving finds on Bosch when he reviews Bosch's file and what his reaction to Bosch is.
9. Describe the dynamic of the relationship between Wish, Bosch and Rourke as Bosch begins his work on the investigation with the FBI.
10. What happens when Sharkey climbs into the Grand Am?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)