|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of information does Bosch leave out when he is talking with agent Wish about the evidence?
(a) He believes the bracelet taken from the pawn shop is related to the murder.
(b) He had to take a leave of absence.
(c) He and Meadows were acquainted.
(d) He has spoken with a journalist at the Times.
2. As agent Wish summarizes the FBI's guess as to the criminal activity, what two words best describes how Bosch characterizes Wish?
(a) Unapproachable and intelligent.
(b) Unattractive and harsh.
(c) Attractive and enigmatic.
(d) Friendly and brilliant.
3. After finishing the search at the crime scene, what does Bosch ask Edgar to do?
(a) Go home and get some rest.
(b) Stay at the crime scene to ensure evidence isn't disturbed.
(c) Request Meadows's file from the VA.
(d) Accompany him to the morgue.
4. When Bosch and Wish tell Colonel Gordon Scales about the murder of Meadows, what is Scales's response?
(a) He didn't know Meadows.
(b) He was surprised and saddened at the news.
(c) He was relieved.
(d) He wasn't surprised.
5. What is the news that Bosch breaks to the pawn shop owner?
(a) A ring has been stolen from his store.
(b) Guns from his store have been found in Meadows's apartment.
(c) A bracelet has been stolen from his store.
(d) A gun from the Vietnam War was stolen from his store.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Bosch checks data, what hit comes up 343 times?
2. Once in the Grand Am, what does Sharkey plan?
3. According to Sharkey, what does the driver of the vehicle use to sweep inside the pipe?
4. What does Bosch omit from the Investigating Officer's Chronological Report?
5. After Bosch listens to the 911 tape and prints a record on an indigent who sleeps in a pipe, who or what does he discover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sharkey climbs into the Grand Am?
2. After offering to hypnotize Sharkey, what does Bosch do for him?
3. When detective Bosch arrives at the crime scene, describe the body he finds and the location of the body.
4. Even though Bosch threatens to go to the newspaper if he is taken off of the case, he thinks that his suspension is imminent. Because of this belief, what does he do quickly with regard to the case?
5. On the third day of the investigation, what is the summary of the crime that Wish provides?
6. What information does Bosch find out about the witness?
7. When Bosch meets with FBI agent Wish for the first time, what is the evidence that he presents to her and what evidence does he omit?
8. What does Sharkey tell Bosch and Wish when they first question him on the third day of the investigation?
9. When Bosch guesses that there is more to Sharkey's story, what information does Sharkey provide about the crime?
10. At the end of the third day, what is the information that Wish and Bosch glean about Meadows?
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)