|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After getting 343 hits in the moniker file, what does Bosch do in his data search?
(a) He inclues Asians and Latinos in the search.
(b) He excludes Asians and Latinos in the search.
(c) He excludes blacks and Latinos from the search.
(d) He includes blacks and Latinos in the search.
2. When Sharkey is done providing information, what does Bosch say he wants to do with Sharkey?
(a) Detain him.
(b) Hypnotize him.
(c) Arrest him.
(d) Hospitalize him.
3. As Wish summarizes the crime, what does she say the FBI suspects the criminals are doing with regard to the underground pipe system?
(a) Sending explosives through them.
(b) Walking through them all the way up to the FBI office.
(c) Sending cameras through them.
(d) Riding through them, cutting holes in them, and digging 10-20 feet each night.
4. Why does Sharkey climb into a Grand Am?
(a) He is forced to climb in at gun point.
(b) It is the only way he can get to a hospital quickly.
(c) It is his mother's car.
(d) Because the driver is wearing a Rolex, and Sharkey thinks he will get $3000 for it.
5. When Bosch receives a call from agent Wish after he completes the data check, what does Wish tell him?
(a) That the FBI has changed their minds about letting him participate in the case.
(b) That another witness has come forward.
(c) That the FBI is keeping the investigation out of the papers.
(d) That they found more evidence at the crime scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Charlie Company outreach program is tended by whom?
2. After they complete the examination of the crime scene, what does Bosch tell Edgar he will do if Edgar encounters resistance?
3. When Bosch and Wish return from Ventura County and go to the federal building, what does Wish do?
4. Once the body is examined, what two things are noticeably missing?
5. What does the FBI decide to do with Bosch's case?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the third day of the investigation, what is the summary of the crime that Wish provides?
2. At the end of the third day, what is the information that Wish and Bosch glean about Meadows?
3. When Bosch and Wish cannot locate Sharkey, where do they go and what do they discuss?
4. After offering to hypnotize Sharkey, what does Bosch do for him?
5. What are the instructions that detective Bosch gives to his partner after they examine the crime scene? What does Bosch intend to do after he leaves the crime scene?
6. Explain the information Irv Irving finds on Bosch when he reviews Bosch's file and what his reaction to Bosch is.
7. Describe how detective Bosch identifies the body he finds at the crime scene.
8. Explain what the FBI thinks the thieves did once inside the vault.
9. Compare what the FBI and the IAD do with regard to Bosch in this section of the novel.
10. What does Sharkey tell Bosch and Wish when they first question him on the third day of the investigation?
This section contains 1,077 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)