|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sakai assume to be the cause of death?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Knife wound.
(c) Hot load.
2. After they complete the examination of the crime scene, what does Bosch tell Edgar he will do if Edgar encounters resistance?
(a) Get a search warrant.
(b) Get permission from the next-of-kin.
(c) Go to the VA himself.
(d) Talk to the local medical examiner.
3. After Bosch listens to the 911 tape and prints a record on an indigent who sleeps in a pipe, who or what does he discover?
(a) The murder weapon by the reservoir.
(b) The graffiti artist.
(c) The victim's brother.
(d) 50 pages of documentation on a bank heist.
4. Why do the two ex-convicts stand out to Bosch?
(a) They were related to Meadows.
(b) They fit Sharkey's description of a big man and a small one.
(c) They had the worst criminal records.
(d) They had been seen with Meadows in Vietnam.
5. What is the reason Sharkey gives for sleeping in the pipe sometimes?
(a) He meets his girlfriend there.
(b) When he gets kicked out of his uncle's house.
(c) When the crew's room is too crowded, and he is out of money.
(d) He mom sometimes kicks him out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Bosch reviews the newspaper articles and returns to the police station, who or what does he notice?
2. How does Bosch find the pawn shop ticket?
3. Where was Edward Niese found three months ago?
4. What is the name of the pawn shop to which Bosch pays a visit?
5. As agent Wish summarizes the FBI's guess as to the criminal activity, what two words best describes how Bosch characterizes Wish?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of the third day, what is the information that Wish and Bosch glean about Meadows?
2. When detective Bosch arrives at the crime scene, describe the body he finds and the location of the body.
3. What proof does Wish give to characterize Bosch as an "institutional man"?
4. On the third day of the investigation, what is the summary of the crime that Wish provides?
5. What are the instructions that detective Bosch gives to his partner after they examine the crime scene? What does Bosch intend to do after he leaves the crime scene?
6. Explain what the FBI thinks the thieves did once inside the vault.
7. What does Sharkey tell Bosch and Wish when they first question him on the third day of the investigation?
8. Describe how Bosch handles the paperwork aspect of his job, as described in the scene were he returns to the office after being at the crime scene.
9. Describe the Los Angeles Police Department's (LAPD) relationship with the Times and then explain why Bosch goes to Bremmer and the deal that they make.
10. Describe the relationship between Bosch and Wish in Part 4 of the novel.
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)