|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Charlie Company outreach program is tended by whom?
(a) Ex convicts.
(b) World War II Veterans.
(c) Vietnam Combat Veterans.
(d) Volunteer medical professionals.
2. As Bosch is talking with Wish, what reason does he give her for the fact that his victim was killed?
(a) An FBI agent killed Meadows because he was on the verge of revealing the FBI agent's cover-up.
(b) The victim was probably killed for "breaking the rules."
(c) Revenge for Meadows's killing someone else involved in the heist.
(d) Meadows gave a valuable piece of information to the police.
3. Once in the Grand Am, what does Sharkey plan?
(a) To kill his kidnappers.
(b) A hit and run.
(c) To get to the hospital as quickly as he can.
(d) To go straight to Bosch.
4. What percentage of losses are reported on the looted boxes?
5. What is the clue that Bosch finds when he searches the victim's apartment?
(a) Two broken windows.
(b) A shattered picture frame with a photo of Vietnam tunnel rats.
(c) A photo album of the Vietnam War.
(d) A gun.
6. What is the reason Sharkey gives for sleeping in the pipe sometimes?
(a) He meets his girlfriend there.
(b) When the crew's room is too crowded, and he is out of money.
(c) When he gets kicked out of his uncle's house.
(d) He mom sometimes kicks him out of the house.
7. Before calling into the pipe, what does Sharkey wait for?
(a) His graffitti artist friend to arrive.
(b) He waits until he can't hear the engine of the vehicle anymore.
(c) The police to arrive.
(d) He waits until he gets the courage to call into the pipe.
8. For what is Edward Niese known?
(a) A gang member.
(b) A Vietnam War veteran.
(c) A graffiti artist.
(d) A tattoo artist.
9. What is the name of bank heist, the subject about which Bosch reads news stories?
(a) Williams's heist.
(b) WestLand caper.
(c) 6th and Hill bank heist.
(d) Cash and Carry caper.
10. After Bosch completes the data check, where does he go?
(a) To the reservoir where Meadows's body was found.
(b) Back to the pawn shop.
(c) To Meadows's apartment.
(d) Back to the empty police station.
11. What is the name of Bosch's supervisor?
(a) Detective Edgar.
(b) Detective Clark.
(c) Lt. Irving.
(d) Lt. Pounds.
12. How does the FBI think the criminals are hiding their activities from the DWP inspectors?
(a) They have a guy working for them within the DWP.
(b) They cover the hole with a large piece of metal sheeting.
(c) They cover their hole with plywood coated with concrete.
(d) The DWP inspectors never go to the area in which they are working, so they don't need to worry about it.
13. What does agent Wish say about the pipes in the city?
(a) The underground pipe system is one of the most sophisticated in the country.
(b) There are 300 miles of underground pipes.
(c) There are 1,500 miles of underground pipes.
(d) The underground pipes in the city are in terrible condition.
14. Once pressed for more details, what does Sharkey say he saw the driver of the vehicle do?
(a) Pull a body out from under a blanket.
(b) Scream at a woman about what they should do with a body.
(c) Threaten to kill a man who was riding in the passenger side of the vehicle if he doesn't help with the body.
(d) Kill a man.
15. What is Wish sorry about during her confrontation with Bosch?
(a) She does not have more evidence available.
(b) She isn't getting cooperation from the police department.
(c) That Rourke has called Lt. Pounds.
(d) That Bosch ever got involved with the case.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sharkey climb into a Grand Am?
2. What is Irvin Irving's title?
3. What makes the graffiti artist hide in the bushes?
4. What piece of information does Bosch leave out when he is talking with agent Wish about the evidence?
5. What characterizes "Hansel and Gretel" markings used by the thieves?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)