|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After getting 343 hits in the moniker file, what does Bosch do in his data search?
(a) He inclues Asians and Latinos in the search.
(b) He includes blacks and Latinos in the search.
(c) He excludes blacks and Latinos from the search.
(d) He excludes Asians and Latinos in the search.
2. As Wish and Bosch first interrogate Sharkey about the night in question, what does Sharkey say occurred when he went to the pipe?
(a) He says he found a dead guy and called 911.
(b) He says that someone tipped him off there there was a body in the pipe.
(c) He says that he could smell the odor of a corpse and knew just by the smell that there was a body in the pipe.
(d) He says that he saw someone shove a dead body in the pipe.
3. What percentage of losses are reported on the looted boxes?
4. As Bosch is talking with Wish, what reason does he give her for the fact that his victim was killed?
(a) Revenge for Meadows's killing someone else involved in the heist.
(b) An FBI agent killed Meadows because he was on the verge of revealing the FBI agent's cover-up.
(c) Meadows gave a valuable piece of information to the police.
(d) The victim was probably killed for "breaking the rules."
5. How old does Sharkey say that he is?
6. What is the name of bank heist, the subject about which Bosch reads news stories?
(a) WestLand caper.
(b) Williams's heist.
(c) Cash and Carry caper.
(d) 6th and Hill bank heist.
7. After Bosch listens to the 911 tape and prints a record on an indigent who sleeps in a pipe, who or what does he discover?
(a) The murder weapon by the reservoir.
(b) The victim's brother.
(c) 50 pages of documentation on a bank heist.
(d) The graffiti artist.
8. According to Sharkey, what does the driver of the vehicle use to sweep inside the pipe?
(a) A broom.
(b) A towel.
(c) A branch.
(d) A cane.
9. Where is the young graffiti artist working as the novel opens?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) In a garage.
(c) Near a reservoir.
(d) In a forest.
10. What does the pawn shop owner show Bosch?
(a) A digital photo of the bracelet.
(b) A Polaroid of the bracelet.
(c) A Polaroid of the ring.
(d) A photo of the Vietnam War-era gun.
11. How does the FBI think the thieves get into the vault?
(a) They have their woman working for the bank unlock the vault for them.
(b) They bore through five feet of concrete and steel.
(c) They crawl through the air vents in the ceiling of the bank.
(d) They use an explosive device to get through the concrete.
12. When Bosch and Wish return from Ventura County and go the federal building, what does Bosch do?
(a) Looks through more evidence.
(b) Talks to his supervisor.
(c) Calls St. Louis.
(d) Calls Washington, D. C.
13. When Bosch receives a call from agent Wish after he completes the data check, what does Wish tell him?
(a) That the FBI is keeping the investigation out of the papers.
(b) That they found more evidence at the crime scene.
(c) That the FBI has changed their minds about letting him participate in the case.
(d) That another witness has come forward.
14. What is the name of the pawn shop to which Bosch pays a visit?
(b) Happy Pawn.
(c) Happy Hocker.
(d) The Miller Pawn Shop.
15. As Wish summarizes the crime, what does she say the FBI suspects the criminals are doing with regard to the underground pipe system?
(a) Sending cameras through them.
(b) Sending explosives through them.
(c) Walking through them all the way up to the FBI office.
(d) Riding through them, cutting holes in them, and digging 10-20 feet each night.
Short Answer Questions
1. When detective Bosch arrives at the crime scene, what does he have to do to confirm the death?
2. How does the FBI think the criminals are hiding their activities from the DWP inspectors?
3. What is the estimated worth of the valuables that were stolen during the bank heist?
4. What does Bosch tell Sharkey that causes him to provide more details to what happened that night?
5. When Bosch and Wish return from Ventura County and go to the federal building, what does Wish do?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)