|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bosch find the pawn shop ticket?
(a) It falls out of a picture frame.
(b) Meadows's mother gives it to him.
(c) It was in Meadows's pants pocket.
(d) It it sitting on the kitchen table of Meadows's apartment.
2. What is the street name of Edward Niese?
3. What news about a dead body awakens detective Bosch a few hours after the graffiti artist hides?
(a) One has been found at Mulholland Dam.
(b) One has been left near the hospital.
(c) Skeletal remains have been found near a river.
(d) One has has been found behind the police station.
4. What does agent Wish say about the pipes in the city?
(a) The underground pipe system is one of the most sophisticated in the country.
(b) The underground pipes in the city are in terrible condition.
(c) There are 300 miles of underground pipes.
(d) There are 1,500 miles of underground pipes.
5. When detective Bosch arrives at the crime scene, what does he have to do to confirm the death?
(a) Searches for evidence near the reservoir.
(b) Looks through the bushes for evidence.
(c) Walks along the dam to search for clues.
(d) Crawls inside the pipe to see the body.
6. What is the name of bank heist, the subject about which Bosch reads news stories?
(a) 6th and Hill bank heist.
(b) Cash and Carry caper.
(c) Williams's heist.
(d) WestLand caper.
7. For what is Edward Niese known?
(a) A gang member.
(b) A graffiti artist.
(c) A tattoo artist.
(d) A Vietnam War veteran.
8. What kind of vehicle does Sharkey say he saw?
(a) A pickup truck.
(b) A Chevrolet station wagon.
(c) A Jeep.
(d) A small, compact car.
9. After Wish and Bosch make up after the interrogation of Sharkey, why do they go to Ventura County?
(a) Because they decide to go on a date together.
(b) Because they need to follow up with the pawn shop owner.
(c) To check the Charlie Company outreach program.
(d) To question a new witness that has surfaced.
10. What is the clue that Bosch finds when he searches the victim's apartment?
(a) A shattered picture frame with a photo of Vietnam tunnel rats.
(b) A gun.
(c) A photo album of the Vietnam War.
(d) Two broken windows.
11. What piece of information does Bosch leave out when he is talking with agent Wish about the evidence?
(a) He has spoken with a journalist at the Times.
(b) He believes the bracelet taken from the pawn shop is related to the murder.
(c) He had to take a leave of absence.
(d) He and Meadows were acquainted.
12. How many ex-convicts serve in Vietnam while Meadows is there?
13. What is the news that Bosch breaks to the pawn shop owner?
(a) A bracelet has been stolen from his store.
(b) Guns from his store have been found in Meadows's apartment.
(c) A ring has been stolen from his store.
(d) A gun from the Vietnam War was stolen from his store.
14. What data does Bosch check after he speaks with the Internal Affairs Department on Day 2?
(a) The number of cases that have been solved with FBI assistance.
(b) Data on Vietnam veterans who live in the area.
(c) Data on gang members and juvenille offenders.
(d) Numbers on jewelry stolen in the past year.
15. Where is the young graffiti artist working as the novel opens?
(a) Under a bridge.
(b) Near a reservoir.
(c) In a forest.
(d) In a garage.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Charlie Company outreach program is tended by whom?
2. After Bosch's confrontation with Wish, what happens when he returns to the police station?
3. What makes the graffiti artist hide in the bushes?
4. Once the body is examined, what two things are noticeably missing?
5. What are the names of the two ex-convicts that stand out to Bosch when he reviews service biographies?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)