|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ridiculous question the enchantress asks Taran and the others?
2. Why does the enchantress say she's going to turn Taran and the others into toads?
3. Why does Orddu say the three enchantresses have the cauldron?
4. What does Fflewddur offer to trade for the cauldron?
5. Why does Eilonwy say she believes Taran is the best Assistant Pig-Keeper in the region?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at the end of Chapter Eighteen that reveals Morgant is not the man they believe him to be?
2. What is the situation when Taran regains consciousness in Chapter Eighteen and what is his reaction to the situation?
3. What does Gwydion say about Ellidyr and Morgant after the battle is over and the two are dead?
4. List three details about the first enchantress.
5. What do the enchantresses say when Fflewddur asks how they got the cauldron away from Annuvin?
6. Describe what happens when Taran and the others encounter Morgant in Chapter Eighteen.
7. Describe Ellidyr's final moments of life.
8. What does Eilonwy say to Taran about his depression over trading the brooch?
9. What are some of the options to get rid of the cauldron do Taran and the others consider and what in the end must they do with it?
10. How does Taran try to mislead the enchantresses when asked for their names and what is the result of his attempted deception?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe any two settings in the story. Why are these settings important to the story? Are they believable? Should they be believable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Ellidyr? Why is he an important character? What are his strengths and weaknesses? What is his fate? How does he change over the course of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Doli? What is Doli's role in the story? Why is Doli a memorable character? Is he likeable? Believable? Why or why not? What is ironic about Doli's name?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)