|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Taran say he stole the cauldron?
2. Why does Orddu say they are willing to part with the cauldron?
3. What does Taran say the three enchantresses are doing when he peeks into the cottage at night?
4. What does Fflewddur ask Taran to do if Fflewddur is turned into a toad?
5. How does Oddur say the cauldron must be destroyed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the conditions Ellidyr places on his help moving the cauldron and what are his reasons for those conditions?
2. What are some of the suggestions as to how to find the cauldron?
3. What is the proposition Morgant offers to Taran and why does he say he's making the offer?
4. What do the enchantresses say when Fflewddur asks how they got the cauldron away from Annuvin?
5. What do Taran and the others do to try to destroy the cauldron and what are the results of those efforts?
6. Why does Taran say he and the others can't simply leave without the cauldron?
7. What are some of the options to get rid of the cauldron do Taran and the others consider and what in the end must they do with it?
8. Describe the encounter with the gwythaints.
9. What happens at the end of Chapter Eighteen that reveals Morgant is not the man they believe him to be?
10. What does Taran see when, during the night, they peek through the window of the cottage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Gwystyl? What is his role in the story? What does Taran think of Gwystyl? What does Eilonwy think of him? What is later learned about him?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the three enchantresses. What is their role in the story? They have an argument about what each of them does when it's their turn to be Orddu. What do you believe this means?
Essay Topic 3
What the source of Adaon's supernatural vision and wisdom? How does Taran learn of the powers of this item? What happens to the item? Why does Taran believe the trade is a good one?
This section contains 942 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)