|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwydion say he knows Coll is eager to begin?
2. What does Gurgi do during the night while Taran and the others are trying to escape?
3. In Chapter Twelve, how does Orgoch clear the crockery off the table?
4. What does Fflewddur say he believes the group should do?
5. Why does Fflewddur say Taran should go to sleep immediately?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Gwydion say about Ellidyr and Morgant after the battle is over and the two are dead?
2. What do the enchantresses say when Fflewddur asks how they got the cauldron away from Annuvin?
3. What happens when Taran and the others try to steal the cauldron and what is the reaction of the enchantresses?
4. List three details about the first enchantress.
5. Describe Ellidyr's final moments of life.
6. What are some of the trades offered to Orddu for the cauldron and what is Orddu's reaction to each?
7. What happens at the end of Chapter Eighteen that reveals Morgant is not the man they believe him to be?
8. How does Taran's group find the cauldron?
9. What do Taran and the others do to try to destroy the cauldron and what are the results of those efforts?
10. What is the proposition Morgant offers to Taran and why does he say he's making the offer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Doli? What is Doli's role in the story? Why is Doli a memorable character? Is he likeable? Believable? Why or why not? What is ironic about Doli's name?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Arawn? What is his role in the story? How many times does he actually appear in the story? Describe what's known about him.
Essay Topic 3
What is the quest in this story? Why is the quest important? How is the quest resolved? Who is the most important character involved in resolving the quest?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)