|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran say to Ellidyr when they stop to rest the first time?
2. What does Taran discover when he wakes from his sleep?
3. How many Huntsmen does Doli say are camped nearby?
4. What does Eilonwy put on Adaon's grave after they have it built up with rocks?
5. How do Taran and the others discover Orddu, Orwen, and Orgoch have the cauldron?
Short Essay Questions
1. List three details of Taran's dreams as he sleeps after Adaon's death.
2. What information does Doli get regarding the Huntsmen and what is the escape plan?
3. What is Ellidyr's reaction when Taran offers to help with Ellidyr's horse and what is Ellidyr's reaction when Taran finds a rock in the horse's hoof?
4. List at least three things about Gwystyl's cavern and describe his reaction to the arrival of Taran and the others.
5. What are the "Cauldron-Born?"
6. What is Eilonwy's role in helping Doli find the person in the hollow tree and how do they know someone is there?
7. Describe how Taran finds the cottage of the enchantresses and what it looks like.
8. What is the reaction of the group when Taran discovers Ellidyr is missing and why do they follow him?
9. List three details about the brief battle between Taran's group and the Huntsmen.
10. How does Doli know Gwystyl is hiding information and how does he come to discover the whereabouts of the cauldron?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who has the cauldron as the story opens? What is the cauldron being used for? What does Taran plan to use it for? Ellidyr promises he wasn't going to use it for evil himself. Do you believe him? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Taran? What is his role in the story? Why is he an important character? What are his strengths and weaknesses? Is he likeable? Believable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the three enchantresses. What is their role in the story? They have an argument about what each of them does when it's their turn to be Orddu. What do you believe this means?
This section contains 933 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)