|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwystyl say when Taran says the cauldron is missing from Annuvin?
2. What kind of weapon does Gurgi have when he emerges from the bushes?
3. Where does Gwystyl say Orddu, Orwen, and Orgoch are?
4. What does Gwydion say he plans to seize from Arawn?
5. What does Taran hold in his hands while he sleeps during the night after the rain?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doli say he learned about the cauldron and why do Adaon and Fflewddur say they now have to do?
2. What is Ellidyr's reaction when Taran offers to help with Ellidyr's horse and what is Ellidyr's reaction when Taran finds a rock in the horse's hoof?
3. What does Eilonwy say they used for transportation and what happened to put her afoot?
4. Why does Doli say being invisible isn't a good thing?
5. In chapter ten, describe what Taran and the others do to evade the Huntsmen they encounter near the marshes?
6. What is Gwystyl's job and what does Doli say about Gwystyl's effort to do his job?
7. Describe the huntsmen who attacked Taran and the others.
8. What information does Doli get regarding the Huntsmen and what is the escape plan?
9. How does Doli know Gwystyl is hiding information and how does he come to discover the whereabouts of the cauldron?
10. List three details of Taran's dreams as he sleeps after Adaon's death.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Taran and Ellidyr are very competitive and each wants desperately to earn glory by their deeds. What are some of the things each of them does because of this competitiveness? Are there good aspects to their competitiveness? Bad aspects?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Fflewddur? Why does he carry a harp? What unique thing does the harp sometimes do when Fflewddur is talking?
Essay Topic 3
Who has the cauldron as the story opens? What is the cauldron being used for? What does Taran plan to use it for? Ellidyr promises he wasn't going to use it for evil himself. Do you believe him? Why or why not?
This section contains 857 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)