|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellidyr say when Taran warns of the black beast sitting on his shoulder?
(a) That he doesn't care.
(b) That he can overcome it.
(c) That the beast is his friend.
(d) That Taran is a liar.
2. Why does the enchantress say Taran and the others don't have to worry about being stepped on after they are turned into toads?
(a) She says she's too squeamish.
(b) She says she doesn't believe in killing.
(c) She says she's afrait of Taran.
(d) She says she will keep them as pets.
3. What does Taran say when the enchantresses ask for Eilonwy's name?
(a) He says her name is Indeg.
(b) He says her name is Queen Justine.
(c) He says her name is Princess Eilonwy.
(d) He refuses to say anything.
4. Who kills Morgant?
5. What does Orddu first suggest Taran might trade for the cauldron?
(a) The North Wind in a bag.
(b) His most precious memory.
(c) The Book of Three.
(d) His horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the enchantress say she's going to turn Taran and the others into toads?
2. What do the enchantresses say they turned the Huntsmen into?
3. What happens when Taran hits the cauldron with his hammer?
4. At the beginning of Chapter Thirteen, what does Taran do to try to make the enchantresses talk to him again?
5. Why does Fflewddur say Taran should go to sleep immediately?
Short Essay Questions
1. List two things that happen to Taran and the group as they are traveling in Chapter Sixteen.
2. Describe the reunion with Ellidyr.
3. How does Taran try to mislead the enchantresses when asked for their names and what is the result of his attempted deception?
4. How does Taran's group find the cauldron?
5. What does the enchantress threaten to change Taran and the others into and what does she say they'll do once they've been changed?
6. Describe Ellidyr's final moments of life.
7. What happens at the end of Chapter Eighteen that reveals Morgant is not the man they believe him to be?
8. What does Taran see when, during the night, they peek through the window of the cottage?
9. What does Gwydion say about Ellidyr and Morgant after the battle is over and the two are dead?
10. What is the proposition Morgant offers to Taran and why does he say he's making the offer?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)