|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the enchantress say Taran and the others don't have to worry about being stepped on after they are turned into toads?
(a) She says she's too squeamish.
(b) She says she doesn't believe in killing.
(c) She says she's afrait of Taran.
(d) She says she will keep them as pets.
2. What happens when Taran hits the cauldron with his hammer?
(a) It dents only slightly.
(b) The paint cracks and peels.
(d) It cracks only slightly.
3. What does Fflewddur think is broken that causes him to say, "It's useless," when he falls near the edge of the river?
(a) His leg.
(b) His arm.
(c) His nose.
(d) His harp.
4. What does Ellidyr do to destroy the cauldron?
(a) Chops it with his sword.
(b) Throws himself in it.
(c) Throws Morgant in it.
(d) Throws it off a cliff.
5. What is Eilonwy's response when Taran says they can't possibly carry the cauldron all the way home?
(a) That he sounds like Gwystyl.
(b) That he's being a crybaby.
(c) That there's got to be a way.
(d) That he's right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Orddu call the Black Cauldron?
2. What does Gurgi do during the night while Taran and the others are trying to escape?
3. What does Eilonwy tell Taran about the food the enchantresses put before them?
4. What does Islimach do after seeing Ellidyr's body?
5. Who is the first to cross the river?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ellidyr's final moments of life.
2. What does Eilonwy say to Taran about his depression over trading the brooch?
3. What are some of the options to get rid of the cauldron do Taran and the others consider and what in the end must they do with it?
4. What do Taran and the others do to try to destroy the cauldron and what are the results of those efforts?
5. Describe the encounter with the gwythaints.
6. What are some of the trades offered to Orddu for the cauldron and what is Orddu's reaction to each?
7. List two things that happen to Taran and the group as they are traveling in Chapter Sixteen.
8. What does the enchantress threaten to change Taran and the others into and what does she say they'll do once they've been changed?
9. What is the proposition Morgant offers to Taran and why does he say he's making the offer?
10. How does Taran's group find the cauldron?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)