|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Orddu first suggest Taran might trade for the cauldron?
(a) His horse.
(b) The North Wind in a bag.
(c) His most precious memory.
(d) The Book of Three.
2. What does Gurgi do during the night while Taran and the others are trying to escape?
(b) Tries to cut through Fflewddur's bindings.
(c) He's unconscious and does nothing.
(d) Tries to untie his bindings.
3. When does Orddu say she last saw Ellidyr.
(a) She saw him two days ealier.
(b) She hasn't seen him.
(c) She say him that morning.
(d) She saw him almost a week ago.
4. In the opening lines of Chapter Eleven, what happens to make Taran drop his sword?
(a) The sword turns into a snake.
(b) A fairy lights on hs hand and startles him.
(c) The sword becomes too hot for him to hold.
(d) A warrior strikes his hand with a hammer.
5. In the opening of Chapter Sixteen, why does Taran say they must keep to the forest?
(a) For cover from the snow storm that's soon to arrive.
(b) It's the shortest way.
(c) For a source of food.
(d) For cover to hide from the gwythaints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gurgi offer to trade for the cauldron?
2. Why does Eilonwy wish for straw once the group is in the shed?
3. Why does Taran say he stole the cauldron?
4. Why does Eilonwy suggest a particular spot of the river as a place to cross?
5. How many gwythaints does Ellidyr say he killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. List two things that happen to Taran and the group as they are traveling in Chapter Sixteen.
2. What does Gwydion say about Ellidyr and Morgant after the battle is over and the two are dead?
3. What is the proposition Morgant offers to Taran and why does he say he's making the offer?
4. How does Taran try to mislead the enchantresses when asked for their names and what is the result of his attempted deception?
5. What do Taran and the others do to try to destroy the cauldron and what are the results of those efforts?
6. What are some of the suggestions as to how to find the cauldron?
7. Describe Ellidyr's final moments of life.
8. What are some of the trades offered to Orddu for the cauldron and what is Orddu's reaction to each?
9. Describe the encounter with the gwythaints.
10. How did Dallben swallow some of the wisdom potion?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)