|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran say when the enchantresses ask for Eilonwy's name?
(a) He refuses to say anything.
(b) He says her name is Indeg.
(c) He says her name is Princess Eilonwy.
(d) He says her name is Queen Justine.
2. What is the position Morgant offers Taran?
(a) He doesn't offer a position.
(b) To be Morgant's pig keeper.
(c) To be Morgant's war-leader.
(d) To be Morgant's chief financial officer.
3. What are the first words Ellidyr says to Taran and the others when they are reunited in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) Where have you been?
(b) Were you trying to lose me?
(c) Am I glad to see you!
(d) Well met, brave company of scarecrows.
4. What does Taran say the three enchantresses are doing when he peeks into the cottage at night?
(a) Chanting and dancing.
(b) Cooking frog legs.
(c) Cooking a potion from herbs.
(d) Carding wool, spinning, and weaving.
5. What is the injury Fflewddur suffers when he falls near the edge of the river?
(a) A broken leg.
(b) A broken harp.
(c) A broken arm.
(d) A broken nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwydion say he knows Coll is eager to begin?
2. Why does Orddu say the three enchantresses have the cauldron?
3. What does Orddu call the Black Cauldron?
4. In the opening lines of Chapter Eleven, what happens to make Taran drop his sword?
5. What does Taran say he believes the group should do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the reunion with Ellidyr.
2. What happens when Taran and the others try to steal the cauldron and what is the reaction of the enchantresses?
3. Why does Taran say he and the others can't simply leave without the cauldron?
4. What does Taran think of just before he agrees to give Orddu the brooch in exchange for the cauldron?
5. What are some of the options to get rid of the cauldron do Taran and the others consider and what in the end must they do with it?
6. How does Taran try to mislead the enchantresses when asked for their names and what is the result of his attempted deception?
7. What is Morgant's plan for the cauldron and why does he say he deserves to have it?
8. What is the proposition Morgant offers to Taran and why does he say he's making the offer?
9. What is the situation when Taran regains consciousness in Chapter Eighteen and what is his reaction to the situation?
10. How does Taran's group find the cauldron?
This section contains 930 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)