|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who initially leads the way as they set our for the Marshes of Morva?
2. What are the food items Taran sees inside Gwystyl's cavern?
(a) Dried fish, peanuts, and rhubarb.
(b) Turnips, parsnips, and potatoes.
(c) Roots, lichens, and mushrooms.
(d) Beans, corn, and wheat.
3. What does Gwystyl say his magic powder will do to help Taran and the group?
(a) Make them invisible.
(b) Create explosions.
(c) Hide their tracks.
(d) Create a diversion.
4. Why does Fflewddur say he tends to add "a little color to the facts?"
(a) He denies that he does.
(b) Because the facts need it.
(c) Because his father taught him to.
(d) Because it's his job.
5. What does Taran discover when he wakes from his sleep?
(a) That Ellidyr has been captured.
(b) That Eilonwy has gone on alone.
(c) That Eilonwy has been captured.
(d) That Ellidyr has gone on alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwydion say he plans to seize from Arawn?
2. What are Gwythaints?
3. Where does Doli say the Huntsmen are camped?
4. How does Gurgi get into the house?
5. Which of the following is not an activity of which Taran is aware during their travels soon after Adaon's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Dark Gate and what is Taran's reaction when he hears the name mentioned?
2. What does Dallben give to Taran and what does Taran ask Eilonwy to do with this new possession?
3. Describe the moment Taran realizes Doli has joined the fight against the Huntsmen.
4. What does Eilonwy say they used for transportation and what happened to put her afoot?
5. What information does Doli get regarding the Huntsmen and what is the escape plan?
6. Why does Doli say being invisible isn't a good thing?
7. List three details of Taran's dreams as he sleeps after Adaon's death.
8. In Chapter Two, Gwydion and Smoit have a difference of opinion as to whether the others have to join in the attack against Arawn. Describe that conversation.
9. What happens between Taran and Ellidyr that results in Taran and Melynlas falling?
10. What does Doli say he learned about the cauldron and why do Adaon and Fflewddur say they now have to do?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)