|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran say to Ellidyr when they stop to rest the first time?
(a) He offers Ellidyr a bandage for his wound.
(b) He thanks Ellidyr for saving his life.
(c) He says Ellidyr should be more careful.
(d) He asks Ellidyr for water.
2. Where is the wound that's bleeding on Ellidyr's body?
(a) His elbow.
(b) His left side.
(c) His forehead.
(d) His left leg.
3. What does Gwystyl say Orddu, Orwen, and Orgoch are?
(a) They are Huntsmen.
(b) They are marsh monsters.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) They are zombies.
4. What is the weapon of the Huntsman that wounds Adaon?
(a) A spiked hammer.
(b) An axe.
(c) An arrow.
(d) A daggar.
5. What is Dyrnwyn?
(a) A farming implement.
(b) A pig.
(c) A horse.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the huntsman that's about to kill Taran with a dagger?
2. What does Fflewddur have strapped to his back as the group prepares for the upcoming attack?
3. What is the shape Fflewddur sees on the brooch?
4. What does Fflewddur tell Taran to do as he and Doli lead the Huntsmen away?
5. What happens soon after Taran insists the group leave the shelter on the side of the mountain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Doli know Gwystyl is hiding information and how does he come to discover the whereabouts of the cauldron?
2. What is Eilonwy's role in helping Doli find the person in the hollow tree and how do they know someone is there?
3. What happens between Taran and Ellidyr that results in Taran and Melynlas falling?
4. List three details about the brief battle between Taran's group and the Huntsmen.
5. What are the "Cauldron-Born?"
6. What does Ellidyr say that makes Taran decide he'll go in search of the cauldron and what does Eilonwy say that makes him change his mind?
7. How does Taran know it's about to rain and why are his companions convinced that he is right?
8. What does Eilonwy say to Taran as he and the others are preparing to leave?
9. List at least three things about Gwystyl's cavern and describe his reaction to the arrival of Taran and the others.
10. In chapter ten, describe what Taran and the others do to evade the Huntsmen they encounter near the marshes?
This section contains 897 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)