|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hen Wen?
(a) A sword.
(b) A pig.
(c) A horse.
(d) A chicken.
2. What are the food items Taran sees inside Gwystyl's cavern?
(a) Roots, lichens, and mushrooms.
(b) Dried fish, peanuts, and rhubarb.
(c) Beans, corn, and wheat.
(d) Turnips, parsnips, and potatoes.
3. What happens to the first arrows fired by Taran, Eilonwy, and Gurgi?
(a) They strike two Huntsmen and Doli.
(b) The wind causes them to fly off course.
(c) They strike the same Huntsman.
(d) They Strike three Huntsmen.
4. What is the name of Smoit's kingdom?
(a) Cantrev Cadiffor.
(b) Caer Dathyl
(d) Layvor de Smoit.
5. Who does Adaon say is waiting for his return?
(a) No one.
(b) His sister, Adrianna.
(c) His fiance, Arianllyn.
(d) His mother, Alyssiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwydion say will be the punishment if there are any more incidents such as the one in which Taran fell?
2. What does Doli say when Gwystyl says the humans can't be allowed to enter?
3. Who stands first watch when Taran and the others sleep after Adaon's death?
4. What does Adaon say he dreamed about himself during the quest to find the cauldron?
5. Which of the following is not an activity of which Taran is aware during their travels soon after Adaon's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Doli say being invisible isn't a good thing?
2. In chapter ten, describe what Taran and the others do to evade the Huntsmen they encounter near the marshes?
3. What does Eilonwy say to Taran as he and the others are preparing to leave?
4. Briefly describe Smoit's first meeting with Taran.
5. What are the "Cauldron-Born?"
6. What does Adaon say he dreamed about Taran and what is Taran's response?
7. What does Ellidyr say that makes Taran decide he'll go in search of the cauldron and what does Eilonwy say that makes him change his mind?
8. How does Taran know it's about to rain and why are his companions convinced that he is right?
9. What does Dallben give to Taran and what does Taran ask Eilonwy to do with this new possession?
10. Describe the huntsmen who attacked Taran and the others.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)