|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Hen Wen?
(a) A chicken.
(b) A sword.
(c) A horse.
(d) A pig.
2. What is the tame animal Eilonwy finds in the cavern?
(a) A raccoon.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A crow.
(d) A lizard.
3. What time of day is it when Taran and the others reach the Marshes of Morva?
(a) Just after dawn.
(b) Just after noon.
(c) Just before sunrise.
(d) Just before sunset.
4. Where is the cauldron?
(a) Under the Dark Gate.
(b) In the Hall of Warriors.
(c) In the underworld.
(d) In Arawn's workshop.
5. What happens the moment Fflewddur says he gave up being a bard to please Gwydion?
(a) Thunder sounds in the distance.
(b) Two strings on his harp snap.
(c) Gwydion objects.
(d) Doli begins to laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Doli say the Huntsmen are camped?
2. What does Gwydion say will determine whether their attack is successful?
3. What does Gwystyl use to fan himself?
4. What happens just as Taran and the others mount up to travel to the new meeting place?
5. Where does Gwystyl say Orddu, Orwen, and Orgoch are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Eilonwy say to Taran as he and the others are preparing to leave?
2. What is the reaction of the group when Taran discovers Ellidyr is missing and why do they follow him?
3. What is news of Doli does Fflewddur give?
4. What does Adaon say he dreamed about Taran and what is Taran's response?
5. What does Doli say he learned about the cauldron and why do Adaon and Fflewddur say they now have to do?
6. What happens between Taran and Ellidyr that results in Taran and Melynlas falling?
7. What are the "Cauldron-Born?"
8. Describe the huntsmen who attacked Taran and the others.
9. Briefly describe Smoit's first meeting with Taran.
10. Describe the argument Ellidyr and Taran have over Eilonwy's arrival.
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)