|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Gurgi find the cauldron?
(a) In the marsh.
(b) In the cottage.
(c) In the chicken roost.
(d) In the kitchen.
2. What is Morgant's response when Taran says they are under the protection of Gwydion?
(a) Gwydion has united with Morgant.
(b) He doesn't fear Gwydion.
(c) Gwydion has been captured as well.
(d) Gwydion is dead.
3. In the opening of Chapter Eighteen, what time of day is it when Taran regains his senses?
(a) Just after dawn.
(b) Night time.
(d) Mid afternoon.
4. What does Gurgi offer to trade for the cauldron?
(b) His bow and arrow.
(c) His work.
(d) A packet of magic powder.
5. What does Ellidyr do to destroy the cauldron?
(a) Chops it with his sword.
(b) Throws himself in it.
(c) Throws it off a cliff.
(d) Throws Morgant in it.
6. What does Doli suggest when Fflewddur says Morgant is headed for the tent?
(a) Surprising him.
(b) Hiding under the bed.
(c) Pretending to still be tied.
(d) Running away.
7. Why does Orddu say they can't take the cloaks from the members of the group?
(a) The can make their own.
(b) They aren't that pretty.
(c) They won't fit.
(d) They would die from cold.
8. What are the first words Ellidyr says to Taran and the others when they are reunited in Chapter Seventeen?
(a) Were you trying to lose me?
(b) Well met, brave company of scarecrows.
(c) Where have you been?
(d) Am I glad to see you!
9. What does Eilonwy first offer in trade for the cauldron?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her horse.
(c) Her bracelet.
(d) Her ring.
10. In the opening of Chapter Sixteen, why does Taran say they must keep to the forest?
(a) For cover from the snow storm that's soon to arrive.
(b) It's the shortest way.
(c) For cover to hide from the gwythaints.
(d) For a source of food.
11. Why does the enchantress Orwen say she suggested that Taran and the others be turned into something besides toads?
(a) She wants to try a new spell.
(b) She has too many toads already.
(c) She hates toads.
(d) For variety.
12. Why does Taran suggest that Morgant cast him into the cauldron while he's still alive?
(a) Taran believes that it will give him inhuman strength.
(b) Taran wants the glory of being the first of Morgant's new army.
(c) Taran hopes to find a way to escape.
(d) Taran knows that will break the cauldron.
13. At the beginning of Chapter Thirteen, what does Taran do to try to make the enchantresses talk to him again?
(a) Knocks on the door and window.
(c) Threatens to tell Dallben.
14. Where does Fflewddur say Ellidyr has gone?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) To join Arawn.
(c) To Caer Dallben.
(d) Toward the marsh.
15. Why does the enchantress say she's going to turn Taran and the others into toads?
(a) She can't have people poking and prying into her home.
(b) She is mean.
(c) She needs to practice her toad spell.
(d) She doesn't say why.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Orddu say created the brooch?
2. Who kills Morgant?
3. Who is leading Morgant's warriors when they encounter Taran's group in the meadow?
4. What is Eilonwy's response when Taran says they can't possibly carry the cauldron all the way home?
5. Why does Taran say he stole the cauldron?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)