|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gwystyl say when Doli says he can't imagine why Gwystyl is the keeper of the post?
(a) That he's actually quite capable.
(b) That he was much better at his job yesterday.
(c) That he's not really the keeper.
(d) That he can't understand it either.
2. Where do the travelers get the food for their meal when they stop after riding all night?
(a) They all gather nuts and berries.
3. What is Taran's task as the story opens?
(a) Feeding the chickens.
(b) Picking apples.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Washing the pig.
4. Why does Taran tell Eilonwy not to kill any of the huntsmen?
(a) He believes killing a living thing will haunt her.
(b) With each death, the remaining huntsmen grow stronger.
(c) He doesn't tell her that.
(d) The huntsmen will track her down to get revenge.
5. What does Fflewddur say the symbol on the brooch means?
(a) Wisdom and vision.
(b) Knowledge, truth, and love.
(d) Strength, valor, and honesty.
6. What does Adaon say he dreamed about himself during the quest to find the cauldron?
(a) That he was in a glade filled with sunshine and flowers.
(b) That he was riding a fast horse through the rain.
(c) That he was in a boat on a lazy river.
(d) That he was dead at the hand of Taran.
7. What happens to the three Huntsmen chasing Taran and the others?
(a) They fall into the bog.
(b) They are killed by Elionwy's arrows.
(c) They suddenly fall dead without any reason.
(d) They lose the trail and go in the wrong direction.
8. What does Gwystyl say Orddu, Orwen, and Orgoch are?
(a) They are zombies.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) They are marsh monsters.
(d) They are Huntsmen.
9. How does Gurgi get into the house?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through a hole in the wall.
(c) Through the chimney.
(d) Through a door.
10. What happens to the huntsman that's about to kill Taran with a dagger?
(a) Ellidyr kills him.
(b) He simply drops dead.
(c) Melynlas kicks him.
(d) Eilonwy kills him.
11. What does each huntsman have on his forehead?
(a) A crimson brand.
(b) A golden emblem.
(c) A silver arrow.
(d) An orange talisman.
12. Who is to stand the first watch after the warriors have departed for the attack?
(a) Ellidyr and Doli.
(b) Smoit and Adaon.
(c) Taran and Adaon.
(d) Taran and Islimach.
13. Which of the following is not an activity of which Taran is aware during their travels soon after Adaon's death?
(a) A bird building a nest.
(b) Squirrels gathering nuts.
(c) Ants working in their earthen castle.
(d) A spider repairing its web.
14. What happens just as Taran and the others mount up to travel to the new meeting place?
(a) A flock of spy birds flies over.
(b) Doli turns invisible.
(c) An army of warriors rushes through the bushes.
(d) Arrows fly through the air toward them.
15. What does Taran do to help Ellidyr's horse?
(a) Removes a rock from his hoof.
(b) Removes a rock from his saddle.
(c) Removes a rough spot from his bridle.
(d) Removes a thorn from his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the top shelf in Dallben's chamber?
2. How do Taran and the others discover Orddu, Orwen, and Orgoch have the cauldron?
3. What does the voice from the tree say when Eilonwy shouts down that they are being impolite?
4. What does Eilonwy say happened to her horse?
5. What is the name of Taran's horse?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)