|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Ten, what does Gurgi look like when they stop to rest
(a) A windblown haystack.
(b) A disorderly leaf pile.
(c) A sack of trask.
(d) A stick.
2. What happens to the three Huntsmen chasing Taran and the others?
(a) They suddenly fall dead without any reason.
(b) They lose the trail and go in the wrong direction.
(c) They are killed by Elionwy's arrows.
(d) They fall into the bog.
3. Where is Taran when a cheerful voice asks if he'd like to be turned into a toad?
(a) A cave he thought was empty.
(b) A forest filled with enchanted trees.
(c) An apparently abandoned cottage.
(d) A pig sty filled with talking hogs.
4. What does Fflewddur think his role in the battle should be?
(a) To distract the enemy.
(b) To be a spy.
(c) To help with the cooking.
(d) To make up heroic songs about it.
5. How does Gwydion say he plans to kill the Cauldron-Born?
(a) By reversing the process through the cauldron.
(b) He says they can't be killed.
(c) With magic.
(d) By killing their leader.
6. Who is to stand the first watch after the warriors have departed for the attack?
(a) Smoit and Adaon.
(b) Taran and Islimach.
(c) Taran and Adaon.
(d) Ellidyr and Doli.
7. What is Fflewddur doing when Taran finds him?
(a) Sitting in a tree.
(b) Cooling his feet in a stream.
8. What does Taran hold in his hands while he sleeps during the night after the rain?
(a) His horse's reins.
(b) One corner of a blanket being used for shelter.
(c) A pebble and a stick.
(d) The brooch and the sword.
9. How many Huntsmen does Doli say are camped nearby?
10. What is the source of the light Eilonwy has?
(a) A magic bauble.
(b) A candle.
(c) A lantern.
(d) A flashlight.
11. What are the animals chasing Taran in his dream shortly after Adaon's death?
(a) A bear and two wolves.
(b) An alligator and two snakes.
(c) Three bears.
(d) A wolf and a lion.
12. What does each huntsman have on his forehead?
(a) An orange talisman.
(b) A crimson brand.
(c) A silver arrow.
(d) A golden emblem.
13. What does Eilonwy say happened to her horse?
(a) It ran away.
(b) It died.
(c) She didn't have one.
(d) She left it tied nearby.
14. What does Eilonwy say Adaon's brooch has provided Taran?
(b) Super sight.
(c) The ability to see the future.
(d) Super hearing.
15. What happens to the remaining men when one member of the Huntsmen of Annuvin is killed?
(a) They run away.
(b) They can't be killed.
(c) They become more powerful.
(d) They become angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adaon say he dreamed Ellidyr has on his shoulder?
2. What does Taran discover when he wakes from his sleep?
3. What does Adaon say to Gwystyl?
4. How did Eilonwy and Gurgi find Taran's group?
5. How does Taran wind up off his horse?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)