|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weapon of the Huntsman that wounds Adaon?
(a) A daggar.
(b) A spiked hammer.
(c) An arrow.
(d) An axe.
2. What does Eilonwy say happened to her horse?
(a) It died.
(b) She left it tied nearby.
(c) It ran away.
(d) She didn't have one.
3. What does Adaon say to Gwystyl?
(a) Will you please prepare some food.
(b) Thank you for your hospitality.
(c) We'll pay you for sheltering us.
(d) Without your help, we would surely die.
4. Where is the cauldron?
(a) In Arawn's workshop.
(b) Under the Dark Gate.
(c) In the Hall of Warriors.
(d) In the underworld.
5. How does Gurgi get into the house?
(a) Through a hole in the wall.
(b) Through the chimney.
(c) Through a window.
(d) Through a door.
6. What does the voice from the tree say when Eilonwy shouts down that they are being impolite?
(a) Go away.
(b) I can't hear you.
(c) Come in.
(d) What do you want?
7. What does Gwystyl say when Doli says he can't imagine why Gwystyl is the keeper of the post?
(a) That he's actually quite capable.
(b) That he was much better at his job yesterday.
(c) That he can't understand it either.
(d) That he's not really the keeper.
8. What is Fflewddur doing when Taran finds him?
(b) Sitting in a tree.
(c) Cooling his feet in a stream.
9. What are the animals chasing Taran in his dream shortly after Adaon's death?
(a) A wolf and a lion.
(b) Three bears.
(c) A bear and two wolves.
(d) An alligator and two snakes.
10. Who stands first watch when Taran and the others sleep after Adaon's death?
(b) No one.
11. What does each huntsman have on his forehead?
(a) A crimson brand.
(b) An orange talisman.
(c) A silver arrow.
(d) A golden emblem.
12. What does Taran do to help Ellidyr's horse?
(a) Removes a rock from his saddle.
(b) Removes a thorn from his leg.
(c) Removes a rough spot from his bridle.
(d) Removes a rock from his hoof.
13. Why does Doli say they have returned without the cauldron?
(a) Because there were too many soldiers guarding it.
(b) Because it's been moved.
(c) Because Morgant has it.
(d) Because it was too heavy to carry.
14. What does Eilonwy put on Adaon's grave after they have it built up with rocks?
(a) His cloak.
(b) His brooch.
15. What is Gwystyl wearing on his shoulders?
(a) A grimy robe.
(b) A fur lined jacket.
(c) A golden shawl.
(d) A purplie tunic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellidyr say to Taran after he causes Taran and Melynlas to fall?
2. Why does Adaon take over leading the group after only a short distance?
3. Who does Taran call on to gird his sword?
4. What is Hen Wen?
5. Why does Doli say he's arrived at the farm?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)