|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Taran's horse?
2. Who does Taran call on to gird his sword?
3. What happens the moment Fflewddur says he gave up being a bard to please Gwydion?
(a) Two strings on his harp snap.
(b) Thunder sounds in the distance.
(c) Doli begins to laugh.
(d) Gwydion objects.
4. What is the weapon of the Huntsman that wounds Adaon?
(a) An arrow.
(b) A daggar.
(c) An axe.
(d) A spiked hammer.
5. What does Gwystyl say his magic powder will do to help Taran and the group?
(a) Create explosions.
(b) Hide their tracks.
(c) Make them invisible.
(d) Create a diversion.
6. What are Gwythaints?
(a) A small animal that frightens horses.
(b) Arawn's messenger birds.
(c) A kind of tree that bears poison fruit.
(d) Arawn's dead soldiers.
7. Why does Adaon take over leading the group after only a short distance?
(a) Taran's horse tires because he is riding double with Eilonwy.
(b) Doli tires of being invisible.
(c) Fflewddur's harp strings break, indicating he doesn't know the way.
(d) Ellidyr claims to want to protect their rear from attackes.
8. Where is Taran when a cheerful voice asks if he'd like to be turned into a toad?
(a) A cave he thought was empty.
(b) An apparently abandoned cottage.
(c) A pig sty filled with talking hogs.
(d) A forest filled with enchanted trees.
9. What are the first words Eilonwy says to Taran upon her arrival at the campsite?
(a) That she's sorry she followed him.
(b) That he shoudl be ashamed of himself.
(c) That he should put down his sword.
(d) That Dallben is nearby.
10. At the beginning of Chapter Ten, what does Gurgi look like when they stop to rest
(a) A disorderly leaf pile.
(b) A stick.
(c) A sack of trask.
(d) A windblown haystack.
11. What is the bird Taran sees that he is certain means they are going toward Morva?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A crow.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A marsh bird.
12. How does Gurgi get into the house?
(a) Through a window.
(b) Through the chimney.
(c) Through a hole in the wall.
(d) Through a door.
13. Who is to stand the first watch after the warriors have departed for the attack?
(a) Ellidyr and Doli.
(b) Taran and Adaon.
(c) Smoit and Adaon.
(d) Taran and Islimach.
14. Why does Doli say they have returned without the cauldron?
(a) Because there were too many soldiers guarding it.
(b) Because it's been moved.
(c) Because Morgant has it.
(d) Because it was too heavy to carry.
15. What is the source of the light Eilonwy has?
(a) A candle.
(b) A magic bauble.
(c) A flashlight.
(d) A lantern.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eilonwy say Taran looks like when he's angry?
2. What does Gwystyl say when Taran says the cauldron is missing from Annuvin?
3. What does Princes Eilonwy have in her hand when she makes her first appearance in chapter one?
4. How many Huntsmen does Doli say are camped nearby?
5. Where do the travelers get the food for their meal when they stop after riding all night?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)