|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adaon say he dreamed Ellidyr has on his shoulder?
(a) An angel.
(b) A horse.
(c) A black beast.
(d) A shield.
2. What is the name of Taran's horse?
3. What is the rule Doli mentions that makes Gwystyl open up?
(a) That Doli has the right to drop in at any time.
(b) That the post has to be open to Princess Eilonwy any time.
(c) That the door to the post can't ever be closed.
(d) That the post is to be available to any Fair Folk in danger.
4. What does Taran do to help Ellidyr's horse?
(a) Removes a rough spot from his bridle.
(b) Removes a rock from his hoof.
(c) Removes a rock from his saddle.
(d) Removes a thorn from his leg.
5. How does Gurgi get into the house?
(a) Through a door.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through the chimney.
(d) Through a hole in the wall.
6. What does Dallben say are the only things Ellidyr owns?
(a) His pride and his courage.
(b) His name and his sword.
(c) His talent and his harp.
(d) His father's kingdom and his mother's charm.
7. What does Gwydion say will be the punishment if there are any more incidents such as the one in which Taran fell?
(a) They'll be sent home.
(b) They'll be at the back of the column of soldiers.
(c) They'll be on cooking detail.
(d) They'll be whipped.
8. How does Gwydion say he plans to kill the Cauldron-Born?
(a) With magic.
(b) By killing their leader.
(c) By reversing the process through the cauldron.
(d) He says they can't be killed.
9. Why does Gwydion say they have met at Caer Dallben?
(a) It's the one place Arawn wouldn't dare attack.
(b) Dallben invited them.
(c) It's very far from the entrance to Arawn's kingdom.
(d) It's the one place Arawn wouldn't think to look.
10. What does Adaon say he dreamed about Morgant?
(a) That he was carrying Doli's body.
(b) That his sword was broken and weeping blood.
(c) That he was victorious.
(d) That he was carrying the black cauldron.
11. What does Gwystyl say Orddu, Orwen, and Orgoch are?
(a) They are marsh monsters.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) They are zombies.
(d) They are Huntsmen.
12. Why is Doli unhappy at the end of the first day of travel?
(a) He hates to ride horseback.
(b) He has been stuck listening to Smoit.
(c) He is hungry.
(d) He misses his fiance.
13. Where do the travelers get the food for their meal when they stop after riding all night?
(b) They all gather nuts and berries.
14. What happens the moment Fflewddur says he gave up being a bard to please Gwydion?
(a) Thunder sounds in the distance.
(b) Gwydion objects.
(c) Doli begins to laugh.
(d) Two strings on his harp snap.
15. How did Eilonwy and Gurgi find Taran's group?
(a) Eilonwy used her magic bauble as a compass.
(b) They followed the map.
(c) They followed the horse tracks.
(d) Gurgi tracked them with "sniffings."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fflewddur think his role in the battle should be?
2. Why does Doli say they have returned without the cauldron?
3. What does Fflewddur have strapped to his back as the group prepares for the upcoming attack?
4. What does Fflewddur tell Taran to do as he and Doli lead the Huntsmen away?
5. What does Eilonwy say Taran looks like when he's angry?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)