|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Adaon get the herbs he uses to treat Ellidyr's wound?
(a) From Taran's pack.
(b) A wallet on his belt.
(c) From Gwystyl's cabinet.
(d) A saddlebag.
2. Why does Doli say they have returned without the cauldron?
(a) Because Morgant has it.
(b) Because there were too many soldiers guarding it.
(c) Because it's been moved.
(d) Because it was too heavy to carry.
3. What does Eilonwy say Taran looks like when he's angry?
(a) Like he ate a snake.
(b) Like he swallowed a wasp.
(c) Like he's too calm.
(d) Like he is about to explode.
4. What is Taran's task as the story opens?
(a) Washing dishes.
(b) Washing the pig.
(c) Picking apples.
(d) Feeding the chickens.
5. What does Gwystyl say when Doli says he can't imagine why Gwystyl is the keeper of the post?
(a) That he can't understand it either.
(b) That he's actually quite capable.
(c) That he was much better at his job yesterday.
(d) That he's not really the keeper.
6. What are the food items Taran sees inside Gwystyl's cavern?
(a) Beans, corn, and wheat.
(b) Turnips, parsnips, and potatoes.
(c) Dried fish, peanuts, and rhubarb.
(d) Roots, lichens, and mushrooms.
7. What is the shape Fflewddur sees on the brooch?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A sword.
(c) A harp.
(d) An arrowhead.
8. Why does Fflewddur say he tends to add "a little color to the facts?"
(a) Because his father taught him to.
(b) Because the facts need it.
(c) He denies that he does.
(d) Because it's his job.
9. Who is to stand the first watch after the warriors have departed for the attack?
(a) Taran and Adaon.
(b) Taran and Islimach.
(c) Ellidyr and Doli.
(d) Smoit and Adaon.
10. What are the first words Eilonwy says to Taran upon her arrival at the campsite?
(a) That he shoudl be ashamed of himself.
(b) That she's sorry she followed him.
(c) That Dallben is nearby.
(d) That he should put down his sword.
11. How does Taran wind up off his horse?
(a) Ellidyr knocks him off.
(b) He's dragged down.
(c) Eilonwy pulls him down.
(d) The horse falls.
12. What is Fflewddur doing when Taran finds him?
(a) Sitting in a tree.
(b) Cooling his feet in a stream.
13. What is the weapon of the Huntsman that wounds Adaon?
(a) A daggar.
(b) A spiked hammer.
(c) An axe.
(d) An arrow.
14. How does Gurgi get into the house?
(a) Through a hole in the wall.
(b) Through the chimney.
(c) Through a door.
(d) Through a window.
15. Where does Gwystyl say Orddu, Orwen, and Orgoch are?
(a) The Desert of Dorinica.
(b) The Flatlands of Fontelroy.
(c) The Marshes of Morva.
(d) The Mountains of Monte Carlo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an activity of which Taran is aware during their travels soon after Adaon's death?
2. What is on the top shelf in Dallben's chamber?
3. What is the rule Doli mentions that makes Gwystyl open up?
4. What kind of weapon does Gurgi have when he emerges from the bushes?
5. What is Hen Wen?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)