|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16, The Black Crochan, and The River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the shape Fflewddur sees on the brooch?
(a) A cloud.
(b) A harp.
(c) An arrowhead.
(d) A sword.
2. What does Taran say to Ellidyr when they stop to rest the first time?
(a) He offers Ellidyr a bandage for his wound.
(b) He says Ellidyr should be more careful.
(c) He thanks Ellidyr for saving his life.
(d) He asks Ellidyr for water.
3. What are Gwythaints?
(a) A small animal that frightens horses.
(b) Arawn's messenger birds.
(c) A kind of tree that bears poison fruit.
(d) Arawn's dead soldiers.
4. Why does Orddu say they are willing to part with the cauldron?
(a) Because it's good for nothing except creating cauldron-born.
(b) Because they want to be kind to Dallben.
(c) Because it's too heavy to be useful.
(d) Because they like Taran.
5. What do the enchantresses say they turned the Huntsmen into?
(d) They don't say.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Gwystyl wearing on his shoulders?
2. What does Eilonwy bring to Adaon just before he dies?
3. What is the weapon of the Huntsman that wounds Adaon?
4. What does Gurgi offer to trade for the cauldron?
5. What time of day is it when Taran and the others reach the Marshes of Morva?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)