|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16, The Black Crochan, and The River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Orddu say created the brooch?
2. Why does Taran tell Eilonwy not to kill any of the huntsmen?
(a) The huntsmen will track her down to get revenge.
(b) He doesn't tell her that.
(c) He believes killing a living thing will haunt her.
(d) With each death, the remaining huntsmen grow stronger.
3. What does Gurgi say he'll do when Taran announces he's going in search of the cauldron?
(a) Wait for them here.
(b) Tell Gwydion where Taran has gone.
(c) Protect Eilonwy.
(d) Help by seeking and peeking.
4. Where is the wound that's bleeding on Ellidyr's body?
(a) His elbow.
(b) His left side.
(c) His forehead.
(d) His left leg.
5. What does Fflewddur say the symbol on the brooch means?
(a) Wisdom and vision.
(c) Strength, valor, and honesty.
(d) Knowledge, truth, and love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the enchantresses say they turned the Huntsmen into?
2. In Chapter Ten, after stopping to rest, what does Taran warn they had better do before they eat?
3. What is the tame animal Eilonwy finds in the cavern?
4. How many Huntsmen does Doli say are camped nearby?
5. What kind of weapon does Gurgi have when he emerges from the bushes?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)