|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16, The Black Crochan, and The River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens soon after Taran insists the group leave the shelter on the side of the mountain?
(a) It begins to hail.
(b) The Huntsmen arrive.
(c) The shelter collapses.
(d) It stops raining.
2. What does Orddu offer to do to help Taran and the others get back to Dallben faster?
(a) Give them a map with a shortcut.
(b) Turn them into birds.
(c) Take them by boat.
(d) Send them with magic.
3. Which of the following is not an activity of which Taran is aware during their travels soon after Adaon's death?
(a) A spider repairing its web.
(b) Ants working in their earthen castle.
(c) Squirrels gathering nuts.
(d) A bird building a nest.
4. What does Ellidyr say to Taran after he causes Taran and Melynlas to fall?
(a) That he didn't mean for them to fall.
(b) That Taran had better not tell what happened.
(c) That he'll be more ruthless next time.
(d) That Taran should go home before he's hurt.
5. What does Orddu first suggest Taran might trade for the cauldron?
(a) His most precious memory.
(b) His horse.
(c) The North Wind in a bag.
(d) The Book of Three.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Taran say the three enchantresses are doing when he peeks into the cottage at night?
2. What is the injury Fflewddur suffers when he falls near the edge of the river?
3. What does Fflewddur do to try to cheer up the group after a day of traveling with the cauldron?
4. Where is Taran when a cheerful voice asks if he'd like to be turned into a toad?
5. What does Fflewddur have strapped to his back as the group prepares for the upcoming attack?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)