|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16, The Black Crochan, and The River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adaon say he dreamed about himself during the quest to find the cauldron?
(a) That he was dead at the hand of Taran.
(b) That he was riding a fast horse through the rain.
(c) That he was in a boat on a lazy river.
(d) That he was in a glade filled with sunshine and flowers.
2. Why does the enchantress Orwen say she suggested that Taran and the others be turned into something besides toads?
(a) She has too many toads already.
(b) She hates toads.
(c) She wants to try a new spell.
(d) For variety.
3. What does Fflewddur offer to trade for the cauldron?
(a) His horse.
(b) His earring.
(c) His magic lamp.
(d) His harp
4. Why does Doli say he's arrived at the farm?
(a) King Eiddileg commanded that he come.
(b) He heard rumors there was to be a council of war.
(c) He was just passing through.
(d) He was summoned by the cauldron.
5. What happens to the remaining men when one member of the Huntsmen of Annuvin is killed?
(a) They become angry.
(b) They run away.
(c) They become more powerful.
(d) They can't be killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the first arrows fired by Taran, Eilonwy, and Gurgi?
2. What does Gwystyl say when Taran says the cauldron is missing from Annuvin?
3. What is on the top shelf in Dallben's chamber?
4. Why does Taran say he doesn't dare lead them through the marshes toward Caer Dallben?
5. What does Doli say when Gwystyl says the humans can't be allowed to enter?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)