|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9-10, The Brooch, and The Marshes of Morva.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Ten, what does Gurgi look like when they stop to rest
(a) A stick.
(b) A windblown haystack.
(c) A disorderly leaf pile.
(d) A sack of trask.
2. What is the bird Taran sees that he is certain means they are going toward Morva?
(a) An eagle.
(b) A marsh bird.
(c) A crow.
(d) A hawk.
3. How does Gwydion say he plans to kill the Cauldron-Born?
(a) By reversing the process through the cauldron.
(b) With magic.
(c) By killing their leader.
(d) He says they can't be killed.
4. What does Gwydion say will determine whether their attack is successful?
(a) Whether Arawn has completed building his army.
(b) The number of warriors they can gather.
(c) Surprise and swift movement.
(d) Whether Arawn is at home.
5. What happens to the first arrows fired by Taran, Eilonwy, and Gurgi?
(a) They Strike three Huntsmen.
(b) They strike the same Huntsman.
(c) They strike two Huntsmen and Doli.
(d) The wind causes them to fly off course.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Taran when a cheerful voice asks if he'd like to be turned into a toad?
2. Who leads Doli's horse down the steep embankment at the beginning of chapter six?
3. What are the food items Taran sees inside Gwystyl's cavern?
4. What happens to the huntsman that's about to kill Taran with a dagger?
5. Who initially leads the way as they set our for the Marshes of Morva?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)