|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6, The Huntsmen of Annuvin, and Gwystyl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the voice from the tree say when Eilonwy shouts down that they are being impolite?
(a) Go away.
(b) I can't hear you.
(c) Come in.
(d) What do you want?
2. What are Gwythaints?
(a) Arawn's dead soldiers.
(b) Arawn's messenger birds.
(c) A small animal that frightens horses.
(d) A kind of tree that bears poison fruit.
3. What does Gwydion say he plans to seize from Arawn?
(a) His sword.
(b) His cauldron.
(c) His army.
(d) His kingdom.
4. What does Adaon say he dreamed Ellidyr has on his shoulder?
(a) A shield.
(b) An angel.
(c) A black beast.
(d) A horse.
5. Why does Fflewddur say he tends to add "a little color to the facts?"
(a) Because the facts need it.
(b) He denies that he does.
(c) Because his father taught him to.
(d) Because it's his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Taran wind up off his horse?
2. Where does Adaon get the herbs he uses to treat Ellidyr's wound?
3. What happens just as Taran and the others mount up to travel to the new meeting place?
4. What does Eilonwy say happened to her horse?
5. What is the tame animal Eilonwy finds in the cavern?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)