|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 5-6, The Huntsmen of Annuvin, and Gwystyl.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taran tell Eilonwy not to kill any of the huntsmen?
(a) He believes killing a living thing will haunt her.
(b) He doesn't tell her that.
(c) With each death, the remaining huntsmen grow stronger.
(d) The huntsmen will track her down to get revenge.
2. What does Gwydion say will determine whether their attack is successful?
(a) The number of warriors they can gather.
(b) Whether Arawn has completed building his army.
(c) Whether Arawn is at home.
(d) Surprise and swift movement.
3. Why does Gwydion say they have met at Caer Dallben?
(a) It's very far from the entrance to Arawn's kingdom.
(b) It's the one place Arawn wouldn't think to look.
(c) Dallben invited them.
(d) It's the one place Arawn wouldn't dare attack.
4. What does Dallben say are the only things Ellidyr owns?
(a) His name and his sword.
(b) His talent and his harp.
(c) His pride and his courage.
(d) His father's kingdom and his mother's charm.
5. What does Taran say to Ellidyr when they stop to rest the first time?
(a) He says Ellidyr should be more careful.
(b) He thanks Ellidyr for saving his life.
(c) He asks Ellidyr for water.
(d) He offers Ellidyr a bandage for his wound.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fflewddur have strapped to his back as the group prepares for the upcoming attack?
2. What is Dyrnwyn?
3. What does Gwydion say will be the punishment if there are any more incidents such as the one in which Taran fell?
4. What is the name of Smoit's kingdom?
5. What does Gwystyl say when Taran says the cauldron is missing from Annuvin?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)