|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4, Adaon, and In The Shadow of Dark Gate.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dyrnwyn?
(a) A pig.
(b) A farming implement.
(c) A horse.
(d) A sword.
2. How did Eilonwy and Gurgi find Taran's group?
(a) They followed the horse tracks.
(b) Eilonwy used her magic bauble as a compass.
(c) They followed the map.
(d) Gurgi tracked them with "sniffings."
3. What are the first words Eilonwy says to Taran upon her arrival at the campsite?
(a) That he should put down his sword.
(b) That he shoudl be ashamed of himself.
(c) That Dallben is nearby.
(d) That she's sorry she followed him.
4. What are Gwythaints?
(a) Arawn's messenger birds.
(b) Arawn's dead soldiers.
(c) A kind of tree that bears poison fruit.
(d) A small animal that frightens horses.
5. What happens just as Taran and the others mount up to travel to the new meeting place?
(a) Arrows fly through the air toward them.
(b) Doli turns invisible.
(c) An army of warriors rushes through the bushes.
(d) A flock of spy birds flies over.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gwydion say will be the punishment if there are any more incidents such as the one in which Taran fell?
2. What happens to the remaining men when one member of the Huntsmen of Annuvin is killed?
3. What does Gwydion say he plans to seize from Arawn?
4. What is the name of Smoit's kingdom?
5. What does Fflewddur think his role in the battle should be?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)