|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12, The Cottage, and Little Dallben.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Taran discover when he wakes from his sleep?
(a) That Ellidyr has been captured.
(b) That Ellidyr has gone on alone.
(c) That Eilonwy has gone on alone.
(d) That Eilonwy has been captured.
2. Why does Taran tell Eilonwy not to kill any of the huntsmen?
(a) The huntsmen will track her down to get revenge.
(b) He doesn't tell her that.
(c) He believes killing a living thing will haunt her.
(d) With each death, the remaining huntsmen grow stronger.
3. In the opening lines of Chapter Eleven, what happens to make Taran drop his sword?
(a) A fairy lights on hs hand and startles him.
(b) The sword becomes too hot for him to hold.
(c) The sword turns into a snake.
(d) A warrior strikes his hand with a hammer.
4. How many Huntsmen does Doli say are camped nearby?
5. What are the food items Taran sees inside Gwystyl's cavern?
(a) Turnips, parsnips, and potatoes.
(b) Beans, corn, and wheat.
(c) Dried fish, peanuts, and rhubarb.
(d) Roots, lichens, and mushrooms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eilonwy say Taran looks like when he's angry?
2. Why does the enchantress say she's going to turn Taran and the others into toads?
3. What does Fflewddur ask Taran to do if Fflewddur is turned into a toad?
4. Where is the wound that's bleeding on Ellidyr's body?
5. What are the animals chasing Taran in his dream shortly after Adaon's death?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)