|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-12, The Cottage, and Little Dallben.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the ridiculous question the enchantress asks Taran and the others?
(a) How many licks in a lolly pop.
(b) How many hairs on a dog's back.
(c) How many drops in a bucket of water.
(d) How many twigs in a bird's next.
2. Which of the following is not an activity of which Taran is aware during their travels soon after Adaon's death?
(a) A spider repairing its web.
(b) A bird building a nest.
(c) Squirrels gathering nuts.
(d) Ants working in their earthen castle.
3. What happens just as Taran and the others mount up to travel to the new meeting place?
(a) A flock of spy birds flies over.
(b) Arrows fly through the air toward them.
(c) Doli turns invisible.
(d) An army of warriors rushes through the bushes.
4. What does Gwystyl say when Doli says he can't imagine why Gwystyl is the keeper of the post?
(a) That he's actually quite capable.
(b) That he can't understand it either.
(c) That he's not really the keeper.
(d) That he was much better at his job yesterday.
5. What does each huntsman have on his forehead?
(a) An orange talisman.
(b) A crimson brand.
(c) A golden emblem.
(d) A silver arrow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the voice from the tree say when Eilonwy shouts down that they are being impolite?
2. What does Fflewddur say the symbol on the brooch means?
3. What does Gwystyl say when Taran says the cauldron is missing from Annuvin?
4. Why does Taran tell Eilonwy not to kill any of the huntsmen?
5. What were the three items from which Dallben was allowed to choose when he left the home of the enchantresses?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)