|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16, The Black Crochan, and The River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Taran tell Eilonwy not to kill any of the huntsmen?
(a) The huntsmen will track her down to get revenge.
(b) With each death, the remaining huntsmen grow stronger.
(c) He believes killing a living thing will haunt her.
(d) He doesn't tell her that.
2. What does each huntsman have on his forehead?
(a) A golden emblem.
(b) A crimson brand.
(c) An orange talisman.
(d) A silver arrow.
3. What kind of weapon does Gurgi have when he emerges from the bushes?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A sword.
(c) A dagger.
(d) A club.
4. What is the shape Fflewddur sees on the brooch?
(a) A harp.
(b) A cloud.
(c) A sword.
(d) An arrowhead.
5. What are the food items Taran sees inside Gwystyl's cavern?
(a) Dried fish, peanuts, and rhubarb.
(b) Beans, corn, and wheat.
(c) Roots, lichens, and mushrooms.
(d) Turnips, parsnips, and potatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eilonwy say Adaon's brooch has provided Taran?
2. Where is Taran when a cheerful voice asks if he'd like to be turned into a toad?
3. What time of day is it when Taran and the others reach the Marshes of Morva?
4. What is Gwystyl wearing on his shoulders?
5. What are the properties Orddu says the brooch has?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)