|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16, The Black Crochan, and The River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Near the end of Chapter Sixteen, what does Taran say the cauldron looks like from its place in the edge of the river.
(a) A glowering beast of prey.
(b) A horrible hag.
(c) A nasty, evil pot.
(d) A menacing monster.
2. Why does Eilonwy say she believes Taran is the best Assistant Pig-Keeper in the region?
(a) Because he cares about the pigs.
(b) Because he was willing to give up his brooch for the cauldron.
(c) Because he keeps the pigs so clean.
(d) Because he's battled so bravely against the Huntsmen.
3. What is the idea Taran comes up with to make the cauldron easier to carry once they are in the woods?
(a) They break it into pieces.
(b) They build a sling with vines and branches.
(c) They roll it.
(d) They carve wheels to make a crude cart.
4. Who leads Doli's horse down the steep embankment at the beginning of chapter six?
5. Who does Orddu say created the brooch?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Ten, what does Gurgi look like when they stop to rest
2. What does Fflewddur do to try to cheer up the group after a day of traveling with the cauldron?
3. Where is the wound that's bleeding on Ellidyr's body?
4. What does each huntsman have on his forehead?
5. Who is the first to cross the river?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)