|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15-16, The Black Crochan, and The River.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter Sixteen, why does Taran say they must keep to the forest?
(a) For a source of food.
(b) For cover from the snow storm that's soon to arrive.
(c) It's the shortest way.
(d) For cover to hide from the gwythaints.
2. What does Eilonwy put on Adaon's grave after they have it built up with rocks?
(b) His brooch.
(d) His cloak.
3. What is the bird Taran sees that he is certain means they are going toward Morva?
(a) A crow.
(b) A marsh bird.
(c) An eagle.
(d) A hawk.
4. What is the idea Taran comes up with to make the cauldron easier to carry once they are in the woods?
(a) They carve wheels to make a crude cart.
(b) They break it into pieces.
(c) They build a sling with vines and branches.
(d) They roll it.
5. What does Taran say to Ellidyr when they stop to rest the first time?
(a) He thanks Ellidyr for saving his life.
(b) He asks Ellidyr for water.
(c) He offers Ellidyr a bandage for his wound.
(d) He says Ellidyr should be more careful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is not an activity of which Taran is aware during their travels soon after Adaon's death?
2. Near the end of Chapter Sixteen, what does Taran say the cauldron looks like from its place in the edge of the river.
3. What does Fflewddur say the symbol on the brooch means?
4. What does Fflewddur do to try to cheer up the group after a day of traveling with the cauldron?
5. Why does Orddu say she didn't steal the brooch?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)