Chapters 1-2, The Council at Caer Dallben, and The Naming of the Tasks
1. What is Taran's task as the story opens?
(a) Washing the pig.
(b) Feeding the chickens.
(c) Picking apples.
(d) Washing dishes.
2. What is Hen Wen?
(a) A horse.
(b) A sword.
(c) A pig.
(d) A chicken.
3. What does Princes Eilonwy have in her hand when she makes her first appearance in chapter one?
(a) Her sewing.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A broom.
(d) A cook-pot.
4. How does Gurgi get into the house?
(a) Through the chimney.
(b) Through a window.
(c) Through a hole in the wall.
(d) Through a door.
5. What is Dyrnwyn?
(a) A sword.
(b) A farming implement.
(c) A pig.
(d) A horse.
6. Why does Doli say he's arrived at the farm?
(a) He heard rumors there was to be a council of war.
(b) He was just passing through.
(c) King Eiddileg commanded that he come.
(d) He was summoned by the cauldron.
7. What happens the moment Fflewddur says he gave up being a bard to please Gwydion?
(a) Doli begins to laugh.
(b) Two strings on his harp snap.
(c) Gwydion objects.
(d) Thunder sounds in the distance.
This section contains 5,334 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)